Author Topic: End of Full Dar  (Read 19836 times)

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: End of Full Dar
« Reply #210 on: August 12, 2018, 08:34:34 PM »
Gonna try and speak in crayon for you:

[crayola]

H I T E C H  is testing new radar settings and combinations of these settings. Nothing is permanent and we will more than likely see several iterations before all is finalized. There are several reasons  why this is happening. One does not need to be in the "AcesHigh3 circle of trust" to figure most if it out.

You mean the 5 - 10 accounts that post on the forums and the same 5 - 10 accounts that would argue if someone called a skunk a polecat?

HiTech has to be loyal to his employees and that is only to the extent that the law makes provisions for.

As far as loyalty to the player base... . welcome to the real world. They NEED to keep the lights on, they NEED to pay employees, they DON'T NEED to make decisions for their company and product based on the views of a very small minority. They NEED to look towards the future of this sandbox platform and how to make it thrive regardless of the precious few that scream so loud about damn near anything that bumps their coffee mugs.

[/crayola]

Bravo.  :salute
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #211 on: August 12, 2018, 08:35:30 PM »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #212 on: August 12, 2018, 08:38:10 PM »

[crayola]

H I T E C H  is testing new radar settings and combinations of these settings. Nothing is permanent and we will more than likely see several iterations before all is finalized. There are several reasons  why this is happening. One does not need to be in the "AcesHigh3 circle of trust" to figure most if it out.

You mean the 5 - 10 accounts that post on the forums and the same 5 - 10 accounts that would argue if someone called a skunk a polecat?

HiTech has to be loyal to his employees and that is only to the extent that the law makes provisions for.

As far as loyalty to the player base... . welcome to the real world. They NEED to keep the lights on, they NEED to pay employees, they DON'T NEED to make decisions for their company and product based on the views of a very small minority. They NEED to look towards the future of this sandbox platform and how to make it thrive regardless of the precious few that scream so loud about damn near anything that bumps their coffee mugs.

[/crayola]

Lol.

What is your in-game name? How often do you play? And how many current players do you communicate with?
You seem totally out of touch with the people I talk with. Granted we likely have different peer groups but your ignorance suggests you haven't been playing much lately; and you superciliousness in regards to a reasonably stated opinion (shared by many) suggests you're letting pride or self-interest guide your thinking.

I totally agree with you that HT needs to make big picture decisions irrespective of how many vocal people don't like them. But I emphatically disagree with you that a "very small minority" passionately dislike the new dar. It's nearly every long term player who doesn't primarily fly fighters in this game.

Wake up.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #213 on: August 12, 2018, 08:38:42 PM »
Because the people coming in due to all-seeing dar are a less reliable source of continuing income than the people going out because of it. They've proved they are here to stay (for quite a while anyway). Newbs are ephemeral.

Good Lord.  Ascribing "reliability" (loyalty?) based on radar preference?

SMH.   
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #214 on: August 12, 2018, 08:40:39 PM »
Lol.

What is your in-game name? How often do you play? And how many current players do you communicate with?
You seem totally out of touch with the people I talk with. Granted we likely have different peer groups but your ignorance suggests you haven't been playing much lately; and you superciliousness in regards to a reasonably stated opinion (shared by many) suggests you're letting pride or self-interest guide your thinking.

I totally agree with you that HT needs to make big picture decisions irrespective of how many vocal people don't like them. But I emphatically disagree with you that a "very small minority" passionately dislike the new dar. It's nearly every long term player who doesn't primarily fly fighters in this game.

Wake up.

Oh.  Now you're modifying your criteria.   I sense a losing argument. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #215 on: August 12, 2018, 08:44:50 PM »
But I emphatically disagree with you that a "very small minority" passionately dislike the new dar. It's nearly every long term player who doesn't primarily fly fighters in this game.

You can disagree all you want, makes not a bit of difference to me. The writing is on the wall and will remain there for quite some time.
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #216 on: August 12, 2018, 08:47:20 PM »
Good Lord.  Ascribing "reliability" (loyalty?) based on radar preference?

SMH.

Ascribing reliability based on how many months they've payed to play.
Wish the BB had the same "squelch" function the game does. Your straw man arguments are a waste of time and space. Will skip past them in the future, have a nice life.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #217 on: August 12, 2018, 08:49:12 PM »
Ascribing reliability based on how many months they've payed to play.
Wish the BB had the same "squelch" function the game does. Your straw man arguments are a waste of time and space. Will skip past them in the future, have a nice life.

The notion that people have different loyalties based on radar preferences according to some criteria you made up in your head is the very definition of a straw man.  Thank you for demonstrating. 

:ahand
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #218 on: August 12, 2018, 09:40:14 PM »
HT is experimenting, trying to judge human behavior based upon the changing dar settings. I can't say I care for them, but I appreciate his efforts
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #219 on: August 12, 2018, 09:55:09 PM »

[crayola]

[/crayola]

I think the biggest hurdle for this game is, it takes its direction from a bulletin board which is highly regulated and some topics are off limits. I am a player on several other games that I played in tandem with Aces High. Several of these games rely on customer feedback in the form of well thought out questioners authored by professional pollsters that guide the owners in how to make changes to their product.  It includes portions where the customer base rates from 1 to 10 different aspects of the game play. It also includes sections for the customer to voice their ideas that were not covered in the ratings sections. The survey I would assume was most probably done by professional pollsters, kind of like the surveys you get from companies that each one of us has had the opportunity to take in the past. Companies like Wall Mart and Amazon and others rely heavily on these surveys to evolve their companies into successful business models. I mean who knows better what the customer wants, then the customers themselves. Most of these surveys are anonymous, and are conducted by an outside company, and yield better results because most people only voice an opinion when they have a complaint, very few make contact with a company to praise them about their product. The games I play  send  two types of Surveys  as short 2 or 3 question  3 or 4 times a year. They also send a more comprehensive one annually to poll their customers on how to improve their product.

I think it would be well served for HiTech to consider polling the current customers to find out what is keeping them in the game and what suggestions they might have to improve the product. You might also consider polling the former customers and find out why they left and more importantly would they ever consider coming back.  There are two words that are very important to most businesses, Acquisition & Retention.  It’s common knowledge that it cost It costs 7x more to obtain a new customer than to keep an existing one.  Running a business without customer feedback, is like driving cross county in a car, without road signs.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #220 on: August 12, 2018, 09:58:55 PM »
Surveys are helpful if you can get a proper number of people to fill then out honestly. If not, they are useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Medic18

• Zinc Member
« Reply #221 on: August 12, 2018, 10:17:07 PM »
I think a much better option than screwing with the radar function would have been to make 262s only available at certain large bases. Or even better spending time making new maps.

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #222 on: August 12, 2018, 10:28:09 PM »
I think a much better option than screwing with the radar function would have been to make 262s only available at certain large bases. Or even better spending time making new maps.

The conundrum HT faces is "How can I make the game more likely to hook newbs without alienating a large segment of the existing player base?" I wish I had a good answer for that, but I don't (except catching the newbs very quickly once they check out the game and having people help them integrate, but apparently that is impracticable).
When buff icons were identifiable as such in stage 1 of the dar experiment a few smart players jetted around the arena in deuces, watched the map, and pounced on buffs soon after they upped. (And got awfully upset when said buffs saw what was about to happen and ditched or bailed ahead of them, eh lefty?) ;) But that's less of an issue now. I don't think 262s are the problem.

Offline Medic18

• Zinc Member
« Reply #223 on: August 12, 2018, 10:37:44 PM »
The main problem is people get tired of paying $15 a month to be a punching bag for other countries.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #224 on: August 12, 2018, 11:04:18 PM »
The main problem is people get tired of paying $15 a month to be a punching bag for other countries.

Some folks are just not competitive.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)