Author Topic: End of Full Dar  (Read 19836 times)

Offline killjoy1

• Copper Member
      • http://www.nortonfamily.net
Re: End of Full Dar
« Reply #240 on: August 13, 2018, 04:52:31 PM »
The guy who stole the Horizon Air Q-400

He told air traffic control: "I've played video games before and I know what I'm doing a little bit."

I blame HiTech and his radar settings. A lot of AH players are experimenting with other simulations.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/13/alaska-air-unclear-on-how-employee-richard-russell-flew-stolen-plane.html
callsigns:  Rexx, Killjoy, Fluffy

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #241 on: August 13, 2018, 04:55:33 PM »
He did mention AA guns at McChord lol
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #242 on: August 13, 2018, 05:00:52 PM »

He was clearly worried about puffy ack.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
« Reply #243 on: August 13, 2018, 05:59:18 PM »
The people who are supporting this are a few. There are MANY who have been here for years (including myself) that DO NOT support this change. What you don't here from are the masses that are NOT on the forums here, or the squaddies behind the scenes that are frustrated with this, already looking for other options and will cancel their subs - they are waiting to see what transpires over the next couple of weeks.

I understand what they are trying to find out - why they get so many people trying out the game for 2 weeks then losing those players that don't turn into new subs. I get it - it comes down to player retention and increasing numbers. The all seeing radar is NOT going to fix that. Fix the problem with getting new players trained properly and introduced to the game and you will see a higher retention. This is the root cause of your problem - not the radar.

If someone wants the arcade action like this they are better off in WT or others out there...but this has been a total disgrace to the community of players in what was a good simulation to date. It was frustrating enough to adjust with the GVDar...but now this has just simply created unfairness for fighter jocks. It's too easy to calculate the altitude of a potential upped bomber from a base in the distance way back in their country, fairly easy to figure out what is a bomber from a near base looking at it's flight path, etc. It's too unbalanced once again to appease those who spend their time mostly in fighters.

Agreed..  and I must add to this by pointing out that the downfall of Warbirds was the same as this radar test.  Make it more like an arcade game all the while chasing away SQUADS and OLD members.  You chase away squads,  you lose #s for events and main arena.  Sooner or later it becomes a simple shoot em up.  No reason to meet as a group and coorrdinate as a group.   Circles the toilet until death.

IMO if you want to keep players,  IMPROVE THE GRAPHIC ENGINE.    Warbirds died because Aces High *was* much better.   Now IL2, DCS (with barely a few WWII planes) and other games have better core graphic engines.  I'm sure Hitect knows his market share is shrinking.

Last but not least:  Lets face it  WWII planes are waning in interest in younger generations,  they rather get into modern fighting warfare and instant gratifications of smart devices.  Why do you think DCS is so popular these days.  People learn the complex systems and the visual payoff is  HUGE.  I've seen a few friends demonstrat red vs blue events,  and  regular training.  Wow.   They want to relate to real world events.   To that end  Aces High will not nor ever  retain those players,  nor will they retain the 'shoot em up'  players  addicted to smart devices and quick results.

But IL2  still holds on, there are a dedicated core....   Aces High needs to retain the dedicated core as well.
To fly or not to fly, that is the question
-The Golden BB-

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #244 on: August 13, 2018, 06:05:23 PM »
Agreed..  and I must add to this by pointing out that the downfall of Warbirds was the same as this radar test.  Make it more like an arcade game all the while chasing away SQUADS and OLD members.  You chase away squads,  you lose #s for events and main arena.  Sooner or later it becomes a simple shoot em up.  No reason to meet as a group and coorrdinate as a group.   Circles the toilet until death.

#FakeNews  Warbirds died because AH was being developed while WBs was stagnant.  Wildbill and his jerky attitude ran off a lot of players.   Multiple experiments to add "realism" also seriously backfired.   All-seeing dot dar was not the issue.

You contradict yourself below...

IMO if you want to keep players,  IMPROVE THE GRAPHIC ENGINE.    Warbirds died because Aces High *was* much better.   Now IL2, DCS (with barely a few WWII planes) and other games have better core graphic engines.  I'm sure Hitect knows his market share is shrinking.

Ahem.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #245 on: August 13, 2018, 06:50:37 PM »
   Now IL2, DCS (with barely a few WWII planes) and other games have better core graphic engines.  I'm sure Hitect knows his market share is shrinking.
Those games don't have 150 people's pc's to update every few seconds either. WOT has really nice graphics too, but max 30 people, and very small maps
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #246 on: August 13, 2018, 09:48:33 PM »

I found that a dead giveaway.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
« Reply #247 on: August 13, 2018, 10:12:30 PM »
#FakeNews  Warbirds died because AH was being developed while WBs was stagnant.  Wildbill and his jerky attitude ran off a lot of players.   Multiple experiments to add "realism" also seriously backfired.   All-seeing dot dar was not the issue.

You contradict yourself below...

Ahem.

#Fakenews  Double -  Warbirds died because it was not developing its  core engine.  Aces high is right on track for failure because of the same exact thing....

Wilbill was jerky, but  hitech being equally jerky with playing with it's core player base (or did you conveniently forget that).   

Lastly,  all seeing dot dar  WITH the lack of graphic development chased away squads  (who almost exclusively flew in the WWII arena  which is not to be confused with the shoot em up arena).    The shoot em up arena in Warbirds  was  what Aces high main arena was ABOUT to become with all seeing radar.   Aces high at the time was much better than warbids that it  incorporated some element of  strategy....   Warbirds was pure fighter 3 country war  shoot em up.   Aces High was about to go just that.  3  country  fighter cons  war.   No  sense  of  grouping up, no sense of  squads,  no  sense of  missions.  no  sense at all.     See the similarity it was about to become???   No brainer.

Hmmmm..   food  for thought sir.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 10:16:02 PM by gldnbb »
-The Golden BB-

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #248 on: August 13, 2018, 10:17:25 PM »
#Fakenews  Double -  Warbirds died because it was not developing its  core engine.  Aces high is right on track for failure because of the same exact thing....

Wilbill was jerky, but  hitech being equally jerky with playing with it's core player base (or did you conveniently forget that).   

Lastly,  all seeing dot dar  WITH the lack of graphic development chased away squads  (who almost exclusively flew in the WWII arena  which is not to be confused with the shoot em up arena).    The shoot em up arena in Warbirds  was  what Aces high main arena was ABOUT to become with all seeing radar.   Aces high at the time was much better than warbids that it  incorporated some element of  strategy....   Warbirds was pure fighter 3 country war  shoot em up.   Aces High was about to go just that.  3  country  fighter cons  war.   No  sense  of  grouping up, no sense of  squads,  no  sense of  missions.  no  sense at all.     See the similarity it was about to become???   No brainer.

Hmmmm..   food  for thought sir.

I was there the whole time.  AvA had the same settings on dar and then everyone moved to the Main and settings later changed to shorter range icons and other “realistic” stuff. Buried the game.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
« Reply #249 on: August 13, 2018, 10:21:03 PM »
I was there the whole time.  AvA had the same settings on dar and then everyone moved to the Main and settings later changed to shorter range icons and other “realistic” stuff. Buried the game.

That was a last  ditch move.... I was there a long long time in Ava...   multipel squads got run off by the games wilbil would play (sound familiar).    Wilbil never developed the graphics,  other games came along.  the  Main arena was an utter joke that they had to implement 'shorter range'  icons to appeas the failing AvA  historical arenas and squads from leaving.    Nonetheless it all failed, and am glad to report the wabirds  shoot em up style arena  mentality died.

Same was about to happen to Aces High and will still happen because the core graphic engine of aces high not keeping up with competition such as  Il2, as well as other quick smart devices.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 10:23:10 PM by gldnbb »
-The Golden BB-

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #250 on: August 13, 2018, 10:22:37 PM »

That was a last  ditch move.... I was there a long long time in Ava...   multipel squads.    Wilbil never developed the graphics,  other games came along.  the  Main arena was an utter joke that they had to implement 'shorter range'  icons to appeas the failing AvA  historical arenas and squads from leaving.    Nonetheless it all failed, and am glad to report the wabirds  shoot em up style arena  mentality died.

Same was about to happen to Aces High and will still happen because the core graphic engine of aces high not keeping up with competition such as  Il2, as well as other quick smart devices.

How is your game going? I would like to compare it.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
« Reply #251 on: August 13, 2018, 10:23:55 PM »
How is your game going? I would like to compare it.

My game is Aces High.  How is your game going?
-The Golden BB-

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #252 on: August 14, 2018, 12:13:44 AM »
My game is Aces High.  How is your game going?

That is HiTech's game.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #253 on: August 14, 2018, 02:15:50 AM »
Those games don't have 150 people's pc's to update every few seconds either. WOT has really nice graphics too, but max 30 people, and very small maps
True...in DCS, I have yet to see more than a very low server population. Sure, the pretty graphics are AWESOME. You WILL NEVER see player numbers any where near AH has. Talk about GLITCH PRONE...DCS has way more issues with this than AH
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #254 on: August 14, 2018, 02:16:53 AM »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain