Author Topic: End of Full Dar  (Read 19836 times)

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
Re: End of Full Dar
« Reply #300 on: August 15, 2018, 05:10:12 PM »
So you can waste time in here calling them cowards while elevating your selves to demigod fighter combat hero or, you can figure out what makes them really up and expose themselves to being shot down by the air combat hero's of today. As always so far the answers the air combat hero's come up with is "they" are cowards and killing this game and we are hero's becasue we can define what is wrong with them that makes us unhappy. But, you can't define what will get them into the air and expose themselves to getting shot be the hero's.

Not sure I was calling them cowards nor putting myself up on a pedestal.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #301 on: August 15, 2018, 05:18:31 PM »
Where precisely is that theory coming from?  I've only seen people speculating that's the reason for the dar changes.

Wiley.

Interpolation.   Instinct.   Experience guided by intellect and vice versa.

*I* cannot find a fight for a large part of the time each day.  There's no way in hell a noob will.  Ten minutes and out.  They are NOT seeing activity and are saying, "No thanks."
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #302 on: August 15, 2018, 05:19:30 PM »
love fighting like you and fess ...

Ditto to you.  I am sure he feels the same way.

The one thing about manned guns that I feel must be addressed is the a anonymous of being in a manned gun... If you are in a manned gun and someone takes it out it should be a kill that gets awarded to the one that took it out manned guns are just that... Manned if no one is in them they don't fire therefore it should count as a death treated as such.. And yes I know a pilot with his .45 can take out a 17lbr I've done it.. Still dead crew dead gun... Also Fifi should be able to land kills it has rear gun .. Even c47 lands kills and it doesn't... Maybe wish list thing

Agree on the manned gun kill thing.  It's a no-risk/all-reward proposition.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 05:37:20 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #303 on: August 15, 2018, 05:54:08 PM »
*I* cannot find a fight for a large part of the time each day.  There's no way in hell a noob will.  Ten minutes and out.  They are NOT seeing activity and are saying, "No thanks."

There's two things wrong here:

1) What makes you assume that noob are looking for "fights"? Is there any kind of advertisement somewhere along the lines of ... "join AH to find fair 1vs1 fights"? The website take about the war etc., and war isn't where you would find the kind of fights you are looking for in here.

2) Assuming noob would indeed look for fights and then find them. Would dieing in two turns make a noob more likely to subscribe than not finding a fight, but at leat getting a feeling of some kind of accomplishment carrying out whatever else is needed to contribute to the war?

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #304 on: August 15, 2018, 05:59:46 PM »

1) What makes you assume that noob are looking for "fights"? Is there any kind of advertisement somewhere along the lines of ... "join AH to find fair 1vs1 fights"? The website take about the war etc., and war isn't where you would find the kind of fights you are looking for in here.

Well this is a combat game. Safe to say a new player is looking to some sort of fight. Otherwise they'd be playing a game not centered around war machines.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #305 on: August 15, 2018, 06:09:06 PM »
hehe I laded  P-51 kills in a goon. They jumped me on the deck. I just did not give up. They both ended up augering after an extended fight.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #306 on: August 15, 2018, 06:09:35 PM »
Interpolation.   Instinct.   Experience guided by intellect and vice versa.

...So it's your baseless belief.  That's fine, but you're throwing it around like it's HT's gospel.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #307 on: August 15, 2018, 07:03:27 PM »

This game is all about fights! Fighting 1 vs 1 is only a small part of it. Fighting to capture a base, fighting to repel a tank assault, fighting to get thru a cap to drop your bombs on a town/base/depot. If you arent here to fight, what the hell are you doing?

2) Assuming noob would indeed look for fights and then find them. Would dieing in two turns make a noob more likely to subscribe than not finding a fight, but at leat getting a feeling of some kind of accomplishment carrying out whatever else is needed to contribute to the war?

Dying in two turns was an improvement for me. It made me want to get to 3 turns, or get a few hits in before I died, getting that first REAL kill was something I'll never forget (was in an F6F if you can believe that). Again, if you dont want to fight what the hell are you doing here?

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #308 on: August 15, 2018, 07:05:47 PM »
Fugi is always a fun fight if you can avoid his friends..I don't get it sometimes.. The one thing he doesn't need is help
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #309 on: August 15, 2018, 07:07:10 PM »
Fugi is always a fun fight if you can avoid his friends..I don't get it sometimes.. The one thing he doesn't need is help

Well when you join a squad ya kinda end up flying with them   :devil

Always fun fights with you Scott!  <S>

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #310 on: August 15, 2018, 07:10:12 PM »
Well when you join a squad ya kinda end up flying with them   :devil

Always fun fights with you Scott!  <S>
lol ya fugi my squad has 2 active members and we rarely fly at the same time thus my brew turn and burn method
"scott66"        

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #311 on: August 15, 2018, 07:57:42 PM »
Well this is a combat game. Safe to say a new player is looking to some sort of fight. Otherwise they'd be playing a game not centered around war machines.

^^^^^What he said.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #312 on: August 15, 2018, 07:59:42 PM »
...So it's your baseless belief.  That's fine, but you're throwing it around like it's HT's gospel.

Wiley.

Baseless?   Hardly.   It's pretty darned obvious frankly.

No fights = boring.  Boring = quit.  Simple.

You join a game like this for action.  When you look at a map that appears empty you are not going to stay.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #313 on: August 15, 2018, 08:25:12 PM »
New people cannot find a fight.   If they cannot find a fight they will not stay long enough to subscribe.   
(text removed)

You guys keep saying this, but where is the evidence?  Do we have polls or exit interviews?  No.  Saying "it's a combat game" is simplistic; sure it is, but that doesn't mean people can't drop out due to beginners frustration. 

As I suggested elsewhere, it's more likely a learning curve issue. 

MH
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 08:30:09 PM by TDeacon »

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #314 on: August 15, 2018, 08:38:06 PM »
You guys keep saying this, but where is the evidence?  Do we have polls or exit interviews?  No.  Saying "it's a combat game" is simplistic; sure it is, but that doesn't mean people can't drop out due to beginners frustration. 

As I suggested elsewhere, it's more likely a learning curve issue. 

MH
been a while since I seen that name in lights.. You still playing Deacon?
"scott66"