Author Topic: End of Full Dar  (Read 19836 times)

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
Re: End of Full Dar
« Reply #390 on: August 18, 2018, 10:27:31 AM »
There are other steps that could be taken to generate fights:

1. Limit the number of fields to:

2 large airfields, 4 medium airfields, 8 small air fields

2 large VB, 4 small VB

2 or 3 ports

1 city, 1 large airfield (uncap) 1 large VB (uncap), typhoons cal start objects

2. Make the maps a tad smaller

3. Switch to a two sided war

4. Add war progress to the clipboard map (not nested).

5. Bring low dar limit to 150 to 200ft

6. Remove GVdar block and trim some trees or leave the trees and keep gvdar block

If Radar associated with the field being flashed by a GV isn’t destroyed within X amount of time. GV location is shown with a dot until the base stops flashing.

7. Make strat targets worth hitting

8. Harden towns, radar tower and ords bunker a bit

9.  Use dots for aircraft on a 5 to 10 second delay for position reporting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #391 on: August 18, 2018, 10:30:48 AM »
Yes but in that time you could up from a nearby field to find plenty of low targets.

A fight is guaranteed, and if you would kill the lurking c47 the base would not be captured so fast,  and the fight could last for a long time, or they would cancel the attack, everything depends on the situation.

It was all thanks to NOE.
I'm starting to think that you've never actually played in the Main Arena. I don't think you understand how quickly these things happened, Bishops had it down like clockwork and could roll a map in a matter of hours. It was a horde tactic but it worked. Even if one or two people defended, it wasn't enough to combat 20+ people swarming a field and town. That's not much of a fight.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #392 on: August 18, 2018, 10:31:29 AM »
And base captures are generated by NOE, which is no more.

No NOE = no base capture = no fights.

No NOE = Co-ordinated, planned missions with multi pronged attack formations = fights

NOE = hide and seek avoidance = no fights

Yes but in that time you could up from a nearby field to find plenty of low targets.

A fight is guaranteed, and if you would kill the lurking c47 the base would not be captured so fast,  and the fight could last for a long time, or they would cancel the attack, everything depends on the situation.

It was all thanks to NOE.

Thats not a fight! You look like you only want a row of planes sitting on the runway that wont fire back so you can get a bunch of easy kills.

Learn some skills and EARN those kills by fighting for them.

spot on fugi can't believe for once I agree with you haha

With that said the game has degenerated due to declining numbers steadily in the last 3 years. Tends to force people away from what used to work "the right way."

The planets will always align at least once in a millennium.  :devil

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #393 on: August 18, 2018, 10:41:40 AM »
No NOE = Co-ordinated, planned missions with multi pronged attack formations = fights

NOE = hide and seek avoidance = no fights

Avoidance stops when you attack a field and the fun starts  :banana:

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #394 on: August 18, 2018, 10:44:06 AM »

:bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead

If you can't attract a fight announcing your intentions on 200 and rolling base after base (sometimes in full radar view) trying to start a fight then an NOE raid is not going to make any difference.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #395 on: August 18, 2018, 10:45:13 AM »
If done correctly you have the base BEFORE a fight could even start, the definition of avoidance.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #396 on: August 18, 2018, 10:47:07 AM »
If done correctly you have the base BEFORE a fight could even start, the definition of avoidance.

So what's the problem with that ?    then other side can re-capture it.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #397 on: August 18, 2018, 10:48:32 AM »
So what's the problem with that ?    then other side can re-capture it.

That is still not a fight, the NOE guys have run off and are trying their luck at another NOE some place else. I've never seen a group DEFEND a base they just snuck.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #398 on: August 18, 2018, 10:51:33 AM »
That is still not a fight, the NOE guys have run off and are trying their luck at another NOE some place else. I've never seen a group DEFEND a base they just snuck.

And I have seen a group defend a base, many times.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #399 on: August 18, 2018, 11:25:14 AM »
And I have seen a group defend a base, many times.

Which you'll get less of with NOE raids.

Fugitive is right.  Again. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #400 on: August 18, 2018, 11:32:22 AM »

I don't think you understand the point of an NOE mission, so I'll spell it out very elementary for you.

If you want to take a base and have a fight, you climb out and let dar-bar let the enemy know where you are. The point of NOE is to literally not show the enemy where you are, this way you can get as close to the target as possible without being detected and/or showing how much of a force you have. Hence, for all intents and purposes you are avoiding a fight. There is no explaining away a theory that you want a fight by running NOE. The only way an NOE mission will create a fight is if it fails and defenders have enough time to roll their stuff and defend.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #401 on: August 18, 2018, 11:33:44 AM »
I don't think you understand the point of an NOE mission, so I'll spell it out very elementary for you.

If you want to take a base and have a fight, you climb out and let dar-bar let the enemy know where you are. The point of NOE is to literally not show the enemy where you are, this way you can get as close to the target as possible without being detected and/or showing how much of a force you have. Hence, for all intents and purposes you are avoiding a fight. There is no explaining away a theory that you want a fight by running NOE. The only way an NOE mission will create a fight is if it fails and defenders have enough time to roll their stuff and defend.

True.

- oldman

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #402 on: August 18, 2018, 11:50:04 AM »
Turn off the feeder, guys.   It's time.    :bolt:
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #403 on: August 18, 2018, 03:25:17 PM »
when people griped about the "radar tests", this is how I imagine they think everyone flys in this game..

10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #404 on: August 18, 2018, 03:49:40 PM »
Nope, that wont wwork with VR :uhoh Close though  :x Holes closer together with one half of clip board cut out for the open/fuller view of terrain :rofl
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain