Author Topic: Frenchy's alchoolic TOD Frame.  (Read 589 times)

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
Frenchy's alchoolic TOD Frame.
« on: October 27, 2001, 08:19:00 PM »
I came just in time from a termination party. I knew it was a bad sign when I hit the doorway trying to enter and bumped against the wall a couple of time. I could finally made it to my cockpit, I have no recollection on how I managed to sit there.
I was ahppy, I had a new RW installed. I tuned the assigned chanel. Then RW went nuts, freezing my con for long minutes. I eard the last call for take off time and clicked to A7. I jumped on the runway, full power and there we go.

On the climbout, I tried to connect to RW via IP addy now. After 5 min I gave up and prononced a couple of drunken insults. Ok where am I? Easy, I'm over London. ... LONDON!?!?! What the?! For any mysterious reason, I actually took off from A40, England, instead of A7, France.

After some more insults, I asked for a position of one of the 56th squad. While flying toward the 56th CAP area, I crossed path with some big friendly flights. Upon reaching the French coast, I took a left following the coastline Southbound. As soon as I turned at 30K, I saw 5 friendlies 12 o'clock co-alt. Well ... almost ... they quickly shaped like 190s, probably D9s. Ok, 30K, alone, heading toward a flight of 5 D9s... and drunk ... I remember trying to give my position over the txt chanel, but I also recall having no clue where I was. Instead of trying to escape and get caught up by those 5 D9s, I elected to fly straight THRU them. I gambled that it would be my best chance of survival. It must have been ... zooooom ...... zooooom .zoooommm .... I flew thru them but didn't got hit ... looking back they started to separate by pairs but didn't happear to engage me. I kept runing South toward my squadron.

South ... hum ... maybe not, looks like I actually went North. ... man ... that's bad Karma ... more insults ... I turned back South. The real South, the one where the French coast is on your left. Men ... I'm messed up. Here comes a 5-6 dot formation at 12 o'clock straight ahead. Those D9s are coming back, heck you don't change a wining team ... I will fly THRU them again guns blazing, hoping they will be more scared than I was.

Uh! TA152s!!! They upgrade pretty quick in Germany! Well same thing, my balls in my mouth and I go straight thru them. This time a TA152 followed me, he was slowly closing from 3K. At the same time I saw a huge cloud of friendlies in a big messy furball. I brushed the furball and kept flying 220, SW. The 152 was still following me, I had a friendly following the 152.

My plan was to attract the 152 appart from the furball and engage him. While still at 27K, I regularly checked my 6 to judge his rate of closure. While in the middle of the Chanel. I turned my head for a frequent 6 check. EEECKKKKK!!!! A Me262!!!! 1.4K. ... What's going on here!?!?! Am I in the middle of a LW airshow for Adolf's birthday?!?!?!?!

Quick dive barrel roll (or maybe something else, but that's how it looked like in my head ... I have to admit, being a bit drunk, anything looked like an advanced aerobatic manoeuver). I eard the SHHHHOOOOOOOOoooooosssssshhhh hh and THUMBTHUMBTHUMB from his guns but no hits. The 262 went way up there, being already at 30K, I never thought you could fly any higher. Quick check, I was at 17K above London, the 262 was a far away dot above the stratosphere and the TA152 disapeared. I painfully grabed back over London to 30K and elected to proceed back to A14/A20 area.

Back with the French coast in seight, I saw 3 scarsed dots at the same altitude, moving fast. No need to be a rocket scientist to guess 3 262s. Before even waiting a visual confirmation I turned back toward England. I'm here for dying. They followed me all the way back to England getting closer and closer but finally broke away, they were probably caping a specific area.

Back over England I took a more southernly route and elected to "finally" join my squadron. Passing over A13, Nomde reported an Arrado escaping toward me. I never saw the Arrado but could trail a D9. I dived on him, below the broken cloud layer but he could climb in the clouds before I could catch him. ... I realized that I was sober enought to understand what was going on around me. I lost the D9 but I found the 56th. I joined them to the attack on A13, A14. I straffed several ground targets, I let the intel figure out what it was. (Exile, get to work).

I came back landing safely at A20.
Frenchy
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2001, 09:30:00 PM »
Hehe

I remember seeing you over the English Channel and saying "Frenchy - you're not supposed to be here... where's your squad?"

You said something to the effect of "Uhm I'm drunk."

I said "ok you better join us then", to which you replied something along the lines of "I'm wasted!"

......... then off ya went.  :D

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2001, 10:50:00 PM »
Oh my!!!! ... I also recall something like :
(correct me if you recall it)

- "I have 5 D9s here"
- Frenchy, does your flight needs help?
               (My flight? Where?)
- "Nah, I control the situation". (Then I flew straight into them).

Shame on me shame shame ... oh well   :D Hey I lived! Still didn't shot down in those TODs   :)
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2001, 04:06:00 PM »
NM I need to find another place to host images.

[ 10-28-2001: Message edited by: rosco- ]