Author Topic: Submit?  (Read 765 times)

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
Submit?
« on: November 06, 2017, 12:16:11 PM »
What is the protocol for submitting terrains?

Chuikov

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Submit?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 12:29:15 PM »
You have the uploader on your hard drive in your Aces High III folder.

That said, please don't upload test terrains.

If it is to be an MA terrain, it's best to post screen shots in here for feed back. HTC has the final say on MA terrains and putting them into the rotation.

What do you have in mind?
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 01:10:11 PM »
Open the terrain editor, pull the CBM window to it's full size. Enable icons and entry points, then screen snip the CBM map window. Post that screen snip in here for Hitech to get his first look at your design. Because I've been documenting my projects as screen shot compendiums in this forum, Hitech gets an ongoing look at my ideas, my CBM map as I update things, and he gives feed back on what he won't accept or suggestions. Documenting the process this way has kept me focused and helped me to work out design issues and create solutions to problems I walked myself into. It's a little extra time but, it gives others something to look at about terrain building versus going it alone against your PC and mouse.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 01:34:18 PM »

Chuikov

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 12:27:50 PM »
I don't know if you did, send Hitech a PM and ask if he has a moment to look at your screen shots towards acceptability for the Melee arena.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2018, 09:00:53 AM »
Do i upload the zipped folder or the .oba feature?

Chuikov

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2018, 12:51:42 PM »
Point it at the .oba file using the Browse button.

Oh, and if I remember right, the file extension automatically tells the uploader if it's a skin or a terrain.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 12:55:02 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001