Author Topic: AAR for Nothing Moves, Nothing flies frame 1  (Read 1276 times)

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
AAR for Nothing Moves, Nothing flies frame 1
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2002, 07:21:41 PM »
Originally posted by aknimitz
Kraits did a great job on the SB's at 14, 19.

Were the Krait's in Mossies?  I wonder if Flossy was in the Mossie I shot down?  I always seem to end up knocking her down when we're in the same airspace... lol.

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2002, 07:45:02 PM »
I dunno, Mako. I killed you on Saturday.  And I got Midnight on both Friday and Saturday.  See you again soon!

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2002, 09:19:17 PM »
Do you have access to the logs Dinger?  Can you look up who I killed?  I had kill msgs for my first two Typhoons but I didn't get one for the Moosie.

BTW If we had been above your spits it would have been different. ;)

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2002, 09:51:10 PM »
Negative, I just have film of the engagement.  FunkedUp kills the first two 190s.  I'm flying his wing.  He calls the other elements in, but the 190s dive for the ack of the field.
We avoid the ack and climb West to the Channel, then S. We spot some dots low and go military again for the attack.  We figure out they're friendly.  Then we see some of them start to smoke.  They're under attack! chaaarge! Funked and I are the first on the scene.  We and the lead of the second element set up on the first guy, who's in the middle, to middle right of the idiotenreihe of Mossies.  He cuts left.  His buddie is 3000 yards off to the left.  As we close on the 190, funked calls out "look at the warps on this guy".  I didn't have so much of a problem, and gave him a spurt, taking off his wing.  He went in.
I went high to cover funked.  He switched to the remaining 190.  This guy bugged feet dry towards the coastal range.  Funked and the second element were in stern pursuit, and losing to the faster Wuerger.  I had the angle and dove in from above, screaming on Roger Wilco "I'm coming in from above you!" -- didn't like the  idea of a FF kill.  He was trying to use the historic superior rolling ability of the 190 to foil my shot.  Of course, the prediction code of AH aided him further.   Nevertheless, I fired off a volley.  A single hisso round hit the ailer.  No more ueberrolls.  He ran for a nearby factory.  Just as he got inside the ack umbrella, I landed another volley and took off his tail.

Offline Keez

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2002, 12:50:11 PM »
Originally posted by aknimitz
Keez, I assure you, it would have been a massacre anywhere, and at least NOE we had the element of surprise.  

(...)

Sorry your mission didnt go so well, I'm sure you cleared the way for others.  You are a brave, brave soul!

Nim :D

Oh it's no problem, I'm no sore loser, and I understand the problem the High Command faced with the planeset. All our planes were slower that the German planes, so there was no avoiding it.

Please dont take this as a negative comment, it's just something that crossed my mind. Wouldn't it be better if we took the Jabo's over the channel all at once at about 10K, with spitfires and typhoons Capping at 20K? Then once over the channel the group would split and hit their targets, then returning to the rallypoint OR they would be heading to areas where germans engaged other Jabo's? Well it's just a thought I had, but I'm not sure if it would have worked. I always prefered brute force :D