« on: August 17, 2018, 04:11:20 PM »
1. make it so people in man guns cant shut down a field without it flashing

Chuikov

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: BB guns
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 04:54:17 PM »
+1

Expand that to any damage from any source on any facility be it Strat Town Field whatever.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 02:13:53 PM »
Subject "BB Guns" is strange.

Should be "Improved "Base is under attack"" message:

- Trigger flashing of fields when anything at a field is damaged, not only when anything is near.
- The message should not just say "something is under attack somewhere by someone". That did work nicely when maps had a 2 or 3 dozen fields, and everything was under attack anyway. Today with 100 fields per side, and 20 fields flashing, message tells you to guess which is the 21st field that just started flashing?

Add some sufficiently detailed message to the text buffer when something is under attack. Which field, by what, seen where? "Enemy radar contact at field xx!", "I hear some tanks at XX and they are not ours!", "Our ammo bunkers at XX have been hit by 75mm shells!" or something like that.

"Defend my sheep to the death!" - I would try to, but can't find any. Someone said he thought it was ships not sheep. If it really were that message would actually make sense. But somehow, i doubt that it is anything but Baaaa! Baaah!

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 02:57:46 PM »
PS: Or maybe not. It removes alternative options. With all options removed, the fight for every field becomes a deadlock. And also pretty boring, because the deadlock will always be the same (heavy fighting over a field rarely ends - at least not with a capture).

Removing alternative options reduces possibilities, makes what remains all the same, boring due to lack of diversity - and reduces player numbers.

So maybe, although its somewhat stupid, it should stay as it is?