Author Topic: RTX  (Read 3196 times)

Offline Rebel28

• Copper Member
Re: RTX
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2018, 03:15:30 PM »
With NVIDA forcing its vendors to take all the surplus 10 chips and from what I have read it is huge number that is being dumped on them.  The price of a 1080ti should be falling very soon. I shall hold out till then.
4th Fighter Group
~ The Gunslingers ~

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2018, 01:07:57 AM »
With NVIDA forcing its vendors to take all the surplus 10 chips and from what I have read it is huge number that is being dumped on them.  The price of a 1080ti should be falling very soon. I shall hold out till then.

This sounds promising!

As for the new Graphics Engine HTC built for Aces High 3, from what I can remember, Hitech hasn't even scratched the "NEW" off of it yet..... ( think of it like this: the new AH3 Graphics Engine is capable of performing at SR-71 Mach 3.5+ yet Dale has to dial it back to perform at around A6m2 speeds, ....is that a fair synopsis?)

I was under the impression that it can do / can generates some freakishly outstanding graphics, the drawback is not going "Full Bore" and causing the majority of the player base to not be able to play the game with a maintainable decent frame rate

Also, how much is a player losing by using a newer pci-e 3.0 slot graphics card on an older pci-e 2.0 slot MB? and does the lose grow even larger as the Newer Graphics Cards come out?

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline wrench

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2018, 05:27:51 PM »
Some YouTube videos showing performance difference between PCI-E 2.0 and 3.0.

This video shows basic difference between PCE-E 1.0 2.0 3.0.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSSHuMHbCWo

2nd video compares PCI-E 3.0 16x and 8x. This is nearly the same as comparing PCI-E 3.0 16x versus PCI-E 2.0 16x.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJuj16gRoBI

3rd video shows where PCI-E 3.0 can begin to get bottlenecked with 2 Titan V video cards in SLI.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8iE_sQBFXk
Leave that thing alone!
Relax said the Knight, man, we are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2018, 05:33:15 PM »
I had a fairly interesting development recently. I had bought two of these 2080 Ti's for testing and eventual gifting to my older brother (for some reason he thinks he needs a 2080 for a VR game he plays, and pinball). I noticed that the stuttering in AH3 (the little pauses) got to be shorter, but more frequent when I was running the NVlink. The scaling is more interesting, because I think the pauses will be eliminated when using only one card. The scaling is just over 50% and that's with everything on and running at 4k resolution.

I was running a benchmark when I ran into a problem that brought everything to a halt. The UPS I was using with my gaming system had a battery leak that ate completely through the UPS casing, the battery joiner, and the internal circuit board. That's a first. Worse, though, is that Windows 10 was surreptitiously installing an update (that I don't want yet) and when the system came to a halt it became unbootable. Restoring from a backup was pretty quick, but I had just never seen a UPS act like that. Fortunately, the UPS sits on a wooden floor. I can only imagine what synthetic carpet mixed with battery acid would do.

Anyway, I like the 2080 cards. I don't like the price. Nvidia has done away with SLI in favor of the NVlink system, which runs $79 just for the connector (not the $700 reported on YouTube). There are some combo deals that include the connector, but the performance improvements even with the latest driver change is not enough to warrant the upgrade. I may change my mind if the 980s I use give up, but for now they're just fine.

From what I am seeing the problems some of us, not all, are having with AH3 and the graphic pauses is related to DX11. I get the same thing in another game I play, which has DX11 and DX12 version, and it doesn't have pauses in 12 (and crashes) but it does with 11.

PCIe 4.0 is already hitting the streets, while PCIe 5.0 will be out next year. That will be interesting once the 3080 cards are out in two years. Until then, I'm happy with what I have.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2018, 10:35:03 PM »
Is RTX something that HTC can incorporate into their graphics engine or would it require a completely new engine? Ie AH4

Offline Denniss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2018, 06:20:18 AM »
probably by far too much work just for some cosmetic effects

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2018, 06:24:13 AM »
Is RTX something that HTC can incorporate into their graphics engine or would it require a completely new engine? Ie AH4

It is a 'Windows 10 only' feature requiring an update to Windows 10, which Microsoft has recalled three times, so far, due to severe problems with the update.

So, that would be a "No, not at this time." answer.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2019, 12:12:54 AM »
Interesting Nvidia Ray Tracing examination:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39D4nsKcbUk
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown