Author Topic: Sound Muting Option  (Read 796 times)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Sound Muting Option
« on: August 29, 2018, 10:45:59 AM »
Would like to see a select-able option to either mute or turn down the game sounds when ever VOX is used by another player. Now when ever  you are defending  base, or in a mission, with all aircraft close to each other it is almost impossible to hear any VOX communications.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
Re: Sound Muting Option
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 10:54:53 AM »
as it would have been IRL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 11:03:01 AM »
Already a feature and has been for quite some time. Go to Preferences>Voice then turn down the "Plackback Effects Volume".
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 11:19:00 AM »
Pretty sure you can adjust vox independently of everything else in the sound preferences.  If memory serves I run master 100, vox 100, and everything else less than that to be able to hear them.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 11:51:12 AM »
Muting range would be extremely nice in the tower. However, I think an easier fix is to make the OÇlub at each field a separate area for vox. I.E. if you are in the OÇlub, you only hear those in the OÇlub.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 12:14:30 PM »
Already a feature and has been for quite some time. Go to Preferences>Voice then turn down the "Plackback Effects Volume".

This.. there is also record effects volume so you dont feel like you need to yell above the environmental sounds.

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2018, 09:01:51 PM »
as it would have been IRL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've flown a B-17 as close as 10' in formation with a B-24 and we couldn't hear the B-24.  The noise of your aircraft covers other aircraft noise.   They are horribly noisy, the B-24 is around 120 db.  Even with noise cancelling headsets it is wise to also wear earplugs.  Something that can be heard is the waist guns firing blanks.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2018, 10:30:02 PM »
I've flown a B-17 as close as 10' in formation with a B-24 and we couldn't hear the B-24.  The noise of your aircraft covers other aircraft noise.   They are horribly noisy, the B-24 is around 120 db.  Even with noise cancelling headsets it is wise to also wear earplugs.  Something that can be heard is the waist guns firing blanks.

You were able to hear ATC?  Intercom?

Hey, you're our connection with real life WWII bombers.

- oldman

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2018, 11:43:31 PM »
You were able to hear ATC?  Intercom?

Hey, you're our connection with real life WWII bombers.

- oldman

Well using modern headsets we could hear intercom and radio comms.  During takeoff we used "hot mics", same as using voice activated in game, so there was considerable background noise and we had to talk loudly but we were able to communicate.  Once the power was reduced intercom/radio comms were no issue.

On a flight into Tampa one morning we lost electrical power to the nav/comm gear which disabled the intercom system.  Cockpit comms then became loud commands and hand motions for gear and flaps.  Having crew that knew the drill was helpful. This was shortly after 9-11 so we were on an IFR flight plan with specific procedures for loss of comms, etc.  That eased our stress since the President had landed shortly ahead of us and we really didn't want to be shot down...the green light from the tower was a happy sight.  :D

I would have liked to have flown with a WWII vintage helmet/headset to compare to modern gear but hadn't managed to buy all the gear yet.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2018, 01:30:14 PM »
I remember flying a T-28 and thinking my teeth were going to rattle loose on takeoff.  Can't imagine four radials!
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)