Author Topic: Auto-Pilot turns itself off  (Read 2536 times)

Offline AirFool

• Zinc Member
Re: Auto-Pilot turns itself off
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2018, 07:31:42 PM »
Thanks, I'll probably  buy another.  Was only a month or so ago I could not find a new one, even on EBay for under $50.

I'm newly returning to this game, but I played AHI and II for 8 years using mostly this model stick.  So, my problem might be with this actual stick, but the model works for fine for me.

Thanks!

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2018, 11:28:56 PM »
They recently changed THE AUTO PILOT settings in AH. Reduced the imput required to turn it off.About same time they added the AUTO ON AUTO PILOT  :aok Dead band a bit more than normal will fix this...may want to SCALE your inputs as well. Heard some folk didnt like how the stick reacted to higher deadband...but this should fix it
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2018, 01:20:03 AM »
They recently changed THE AUTO PILOT settings in AH. Reduced the imput required to turn it off.About same time they added the AUTO ON AUTO PILOT  :aok Dead band a bit more than normal will fix this...may want to SCALE your inputs as well. Heard some folk didnt like how the stick reacted to higher deadband...but this should fix it
Found this from the changelog for v3. 03:

2. Made a change to auto pilot so if you engage manually, there is still a 2 second disengage timer allowing stick to be put to the center,and the dead band to knock off is back to 10%.
   If auto engaged there is no disengage timer, and dead band is 1%.

Doesn't sound related to what he's describing.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Force using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2018, 01:51:41 AM »
Found this from the changelog for v3. 03:

2. Made a change to auto pilot so if you engage manually, there is still a 2 second disengage timer allowing stick to be put to the center,and the dead band to knock off is back to 10%.
   If auto engaged there is no disengage timer, and dead band is 1%.

Doesn't sound related to what he's describing.

? This (op's) issue was posted as well. Wish I could find it..I looked but no dice. I absolutely know I saw a post about this! 1% deadband was a reduction from the old settings. 1% is hard not to reach with 50% deadband. Of coarse, this depends on IF Auto Engaged AP has the same 1% deadband, once it has engaged. I am still searching...just dont remember where I saw it..but know I did :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2018, 02:04:17 AM »
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,392600.0.html  Found this one...but it wasnt EXACTLY what I was looking for. As I understand it in HT's explanation...1% is deadband WHEN Auto Pilot modes are NOT manually selected? Still searching..I know I saw it :uhoh

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2018, 07:45:36 AM »
But the problem is something in your stick that's kicking you out of auto. You aren't moving the stick and you're getting kicked out of auto. Increasing deadband might stop it. A lot of deadband would be annoying I'd think as it would put a big dead spot in the center of travel. If the input coming from your stick is extreme you might not be able to put enough deadband to stop it kicking auto. That test program will show you.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2018, 02:09:30 PM »
May be a issue with SOFTWARE...I had to remove Saitechs programming app some time back and go to Windows drivers ONLY. I know CH has some issues with there software on some machines as well. So check that as well...if not that and deadband doesnt fix it...see if MANUAL applied AP states fix it, instead of AUTO applied AP? OR get a new stick :frown: Most I have come across with AP issues were fixed with the "Deadband" applied fix.   The Deadband is easily adjusted for,so as to not leave a STARK HOLE in center of range of motion. A bit of scaling fixes it right up. You WILL need to tweak it a bit, but will be less noticeable after the scaling :cheers: 

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2018, 10:24:28 PM »
Is there any way you can try this joystick on a different computer?
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2018, 10:55:45 AM »
Is there any way you can try this joystick on a different computer?

Excellent suggestion! Definitely try that!
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"