Author Topic: The Worst FSO that has ever came to be  (Read 6190 times)

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
Re: The Worst FSO that has ever came to be
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2018, 07:10:33 AM »
I think c-hogs need to be enabled for frame three, the buffs got within a sector of target last night, thats too close for comfort.  :D
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline KCDitto

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2018, 08:37:22 AM »
 :rofl
Ditto  "WHITE 11"
"Masters of the Air" Scenario -JG54

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2018, 08:54:59 AM »
I think c-hogs need to be enabled for frame three, the buffs got within a sector of target last night, thats too close for comfort.  :D

By Frame 3 we might be able to drop some bombs!
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2018, 08:59:11 AM »
I believe logs will show a slightly different story than Frame 1. The addition of players certainly helped, but the crux of the issue persists. Seven sectors is just too far in slow aircraft such as the G4M. It can be rectified with more time allotted tp drop, but that makes for a long night.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2018, 09:05:23 AM »
The Pigs and Unforgiven got most of our bombers into the target. Problem was getting home. As the bombers were leaving and looking at our fuel state the remaining Pig A6s decided to fight to the end rather than fly for 55 minutes at 200 mph to land safely. Closer launch or droppers for the incoming attackers would help. Not interested in extra bombers. 12 is enough.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 10:14:30 AM by waystin2 »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2018, 10:00:57 AM »
Perhaps moving the targets North to A54, A2, V77 would help.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2018, 06:18:29 PM »
I think the lesson here for designers is simple. If you don't have a terrain to match the historical location then stop. It will be a disaster.
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2018, 06:23:03 PM »
Well there are closer targets?

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2018, 08:09:12 PM »
Use of the wind by the CM setup could solve a lot of the timing issues.

Setting some strong southerly layers and some strong northerly layers (with a couple of zero wind in between) could easily remove one of the bugbears.  Even a very slight updraft could be looked at below 10k just to help.  (updrafts have to be slow or they rip formations to shreds).

3 hangars went down and complete trios flew away from the target zone frame 2.  A couple of arena settings and a tactical change or two and it could get quite competitive.
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline FBDragon

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2018, 06:46:23 PM »

Then give us Ki61's and Ki84's plus N1K2's so we have a slight chance!!!! lmfao   JK!!! :cheers:
Kommando Nowotny
XO
To Win The Winter Sky
Gl 1/Jg 11

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2018, 09:19:23 PM »
If I was an evil thinking Design/Setup CM for Frame 3, then I would contact all the Axis squads.  Since your side is in the overwhelming majority, then let's have some fun with the small fledgling Allied side.  Everyone gets to have all Betty bombers with formations.  There will be over 250 bombers in the air.  You can arrive in all directions, altitudes and some within T + 60 and the rest after T + 60.

Will some get shot down? Yes, but not all of them.
Will the target get hit? Absolutely.

Allied scouts would report the first large group of bombers and get defenders moving that direction.  Then, other scouts would report more bombers in another area away from first group.  Reports of more bombers at NOE, high altitude, from the west, north, east and south.  Confusion, mass hysteria, cats and dogs living together.  What a horrible scenario. 

We shouldn't do that.  That would be the worst FSO Frame ever.  Players would smash their monitors in frustration.  Squads would break apart.  Memories of your 3rd grade teachers saying, "I told you so" would resurface.

I am sure clear thinking heads will prevail for Frame 3 and we will have an excellent turnout and combat for all. 
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2018, 09:23:45 PM »
If I was an evil thinking Design/Setup CM for Frame 3, then I would contact all the Axis squads.  Since your side is in the overwhelming majority, then let's have some fun with the small fledgling Allied side.  Everyone gets to have all Betty bombers with formations.  There will be over 250 bombers in the air.  You can arrive in all directions, altitudes and some within T + 60 and the rest after T + 60.

Will some get shot down? Yes, but not all of them.
Will the target get hit? Absolutely.

Allied scouts would report the first large group of bombers and get defenders moving that direction.  Then, other scouts would report more bombers in another area away from first group.  Reports of more bombers at NOE, high altitude, from the west, north, east and south.  Confusion, mass hysteria, cats and dogs living together.  What a horrible scenario. 

We shouldn't do that.  That would be the worst FSO Frame ever.  Players would smash their monitors in frustration.  Squads would break apart.  Memories of your 3rd grade teachers saying, "I told you so" would resurface.

I am sure clear thinking heads will prevail for Frame 3 and we will have an excellent turnout and combat for all. 
That would also be overwhelmingly against the rules in multiple aspects.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2018, 05:37:48 AM »
I know.  No matter what you do.  There is someone who complains about something.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2018, 07:42:36 AM »

3 hangars went down and complete trios flew away from the target zone frame 2.  A couple of arena settings and a tactical change or two and it could get quite competitive.

Yep... three bomber hangers down and a good chunk of the town.  Landed nine out of fifteen of our bombers, after losing one group to a disco.  I'll take 50% when flying Betties any day.   :salute
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2018, 11:52:39 AM »
Yep... three bomber hangers down and a good chunk of the town.  Landed nine out of fifteen of our bombers, after losing one group to a disco.  I'll take 50% when flying Betties any day.   :salute
WTG!  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!