Author Topic: Kills per sortie / hour  (Read 12671 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Kills per sortie / hour
« Reply #180 on: September 10, 2018, 10:51:04 PM »
I'll just leave this one 4 Skuzzy...     :aok

what does this mean?

was I talking to you directly? I am sure I did not quote anyone in this thread...

but seriously, has anyone seen my "Shadow", lately? hehe
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #181 on: September 11, 2018, 12:03:26 AM »
(And yes, there's a point hidden in this post... ;))

I see what you did there.

It's interesting that my OP about context / effectiveness / representation of skill versus game-unto-itslef has mutated into two people debating who was 'better' and using the score to prove it.

My poor thread (which made a reasonable point I think) is going to get locked!  :old:

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #182 on: September 11, 2018, 12:26:51 AM »
I don't see anything wrong to cause your thread to get locked.....not yet anyway

Castles Made of Sand
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #183 on: September 11, 2018, 12:42:22 AM »
Skyyr still doesn't come anywhere close to my #s in fighter score, metrics that actually matter when comparing skill by #s during the time played where we were both playing the game competitively in a measured scoring contest. Though I'll admit I had few outliar months where I didn't score well because I hardly played. (I don't always try for #1 unless I'm doing well that month). I even posted a 2.3 2016 entire year average fighter rank. One of my best personal achievements in Ah.  "Full time #s" are meaningless. I'll just leave it at that. Hope you guys feel good about yourselves though. I know I do.  :cheers:

#Excuses

Skyyr > Violator

But you are both my friends.    :cheers:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #184 on: September 11, 2018, 12:43:18 AM »
what does this mean?

You'll find out 4 sure.

”KILLER V”
The Damned

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #185 on: September 11, 2018, 12:44:30 AM »

It's interesting that my OP about context / effectiveness / representation of skill versus game-unto-itslef has mutated into two people debating who was 'better' and using the score to prove it.

My poor thread (which made a reasonable point I think) is going to get locked!  :old:

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :salute :cheers:
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #186 on: September 11, 2018, 12:58:02 AM »
You'll find out 4 sure.

If you are going to quote me, please include the complete post......

Now this might be a Rule#4 flame bait post, but why don't all of you ankle humping lemmings take your high jacking side fight to personal message, so nrshida's thread don't get locked......now there! I've called all of you ankle humpers...

I was not personally attacking, singling you out, Vraciu..... I only do things like that when I think it's truly warranted...
(regardless of the person whoever it might be)

Have a Good evening, past my bedtime

Cheers

TC

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #187 on: September 11, 2018, 01:58:53 AM »

NOW dang it, fellers! I missed the ole days...this seems like an inside joke to me? Like meaning of IN..when used in posts? I must have missed something...other than time I could have been playing AH. DANG kids and responsibilities  :devil
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #188 on: September 11, 2018, 02:05:05 AM »
If you are going to quote me, please include the complete post......

No need when I am only responding to a single portion of it.   If the rest is chaff there's no need to quote it.   :devil

See what I did there?    :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #189 on: September 11, 2018, 02:52:40 AM »
Yayyy, a score measuring contest!  :banana: :banana: :banana:

My K/Ds in all those planes are much better than those of these guys. Does that mean I have won AH?  :x :joystick: :rofl

(And yes, there's a point hidden in this post... ;))

The point being that the game will soon cease to exist, so something like an overall winner can finally be determined?

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #190 on: September 11, 2018, 04:11:33 AM »
That's it I quit trying to make reasonable observations. I'm going back to my own qualitative scoring system where you know if you're flying well or not with feel. A far more reliable measure than loosely-associated variables. Also applies when you fight someone better than youself which I have no problem with by-the-way, because I've found it has always been more useful to my development than counting how many kills I've got.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #191 on: September 11, 2018, 06:21:15 AM »
This thread is a train wreck.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com