Author Topic: ENY (one more time)  (Read 9825 times)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
Re: ENY (one more time)
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2018, 09:50:01 AM »
ENY is a great idea.  The problem is it simply stops people from having fun in their ride of choice.  When that happens enough they move on

ENY is a great idea?   :rofl
Who is John Galt?

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2018, 09:49:17 AM »
Disagree. Hoarding is gonna happen regardless. Double teaming will happen as well. Cant stop that but it evens out for the most part. ENY helps control it from getting too stupid.

This morning eny is the only thing that prevented the joker horde from getting too out of hand and actuallt made for some fun fights.

yes the double team is very apparent in this game.  so how does that help lets say there 25 bish on and 15 each of the others. lets say we get sacked with 10 eny.  well now its 12.5 to 15 while being sacked with eny? how does that help, it don't like I said every one runs to gvs instead, no spawn get in a man gun or log off.  the only ones that seem to prevail or profit is the guys that have played a while and are able to stay on top of the fight and pick and vulch in those situations. 

now before this stupid "change countries" for eny purposes.  what does that help in the scenario above? lessens the eny by hair but adds yet another person banging on one side. 

maybe there is no fixing it?  maybe the creator of the game does not want to fix it?  but I can tell you that the couple years I have been here I have seen no growth in the game.  only a steadily decline of the numbers and the fighters that were in the game while other games seem to strive and grow by numbers every day.  I guess I am the minority here as I really care less about wining a map as much as having an 8 min fight with a con you run across in a open field and no matter how the out come, who doesn't make you chase him to the field ack or several of his friends.  those are rare, very rare in here.

and again as said some where else I under stand nerfing bombers on eny but killing planes is killing the game for many.  along with the horde mentality and the stupid huge boats they have added (again another tool to hide in guns and no fight).

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2018, 11:32:21 AM »
Typically its the undermanned country that gets double teamed... as much as it sucks being the country with the most players with eny (usually close to winning the map and therefore encountering more resistance), its much worse when you are the undermanned country getting double teamed. Removing ENY will only increase the temptation to rape the undermanned country.

Your example occurs far less frequently that the low sided country being hoarded. There are still plenty of very good 15+ eny planes to choose from. 51b,  38j, 109g14, 109a5 etc.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 11:37:13 AM by atlau »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2018, 01:50:16 PM »
ENY has been whined over since it was instituted as a mechanic to give outnumbered sides less of a disadvantage practically since the game began. While it is regrettable that the code cannot practically deal with players that tower sit while their side enjoys numerical superiority, I'll never completely understand players who will stubbornly refuse to either switch sides or fly one of the many early or mid war planes that can still manage to win a fight against a late war plane when flown skillfully (especially when those planes have, again, numerical superiority). Those options don't exist just to hair-lip ya'll. Besides .... it's been revealed that HT coded it to disable when numbers are low.

I'm not seeing a valid complaint but that doesn't mean said complaint won't be played like a broken record for all the days of AH. 

Guess we all have our own 'boredom habits.'  :old:
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 02:25:32 PM by Arlo »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2018, 02:24:12 PM »
ENY has been whined over since it was instituted as a mechanic to give outnumbered sides less of a disadvantage practically since the game began. While it is regrettable that the code cannot practically deal with players that tower sit while their side enjoys numerical superiority, I'll never completely understand players who will stubbornly refuse to either switch sides of fly one of the many early or mid war planes that can still manage to win a fight against a late war plane when flown skillfully (especially when those planes have, again, numerical superiority). Those options don't exist just to hair-lip ya'll. Besides .... it's been revealed that HT coded it to disable when numbers are low.

I'm not seeing a valid complaint but that doesn't mean said complaint won't be played like a broken record for all the days of AH. 

Guess we all have our own 'boredom habits.'  :old:

You don't understand it because you are refusing to listen to the arguments.

I would side switch plenty--I even had "shades" so I could do it--but not to get stuck on the wrong side for six hours when things swing.   Side switching timers work in opposition to ENY.   

I'll never completely understand players who will stubbornly refuse to acknowledge this point.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2018, 02:30:35 PM »
You don't understand it because you are refusing to listen to the arguments.

That appears to be an oddly presumptive and quite counter-intuitive statement. I've listened to this argument since long before you played AH and, again, it has no true substance.

I'll never completely understand players who will stubbornly refuse to acknowledge this point.

Pardon me but there first has to be a valid point worth acknowledging.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2018, 02:31:55 PM »
That appears to be an oddly presumptive and quite counter-intuitive statement. I've listened to this argument since long before you played AH and, again, it has no true substance.

Pardon me but there first has to be a valid point worth acknowledging.

You have no idea how long I've played AH (or any other game like this).

Once again you are intentionally avoiding the issues raised.    I made the point.   You swatted it aside with an ad hominem.  *THAT* is why you'll never understand.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2018, 02:43:52 PM »
No, it's not.   All it does is cause the people fighting a horde to be outnumbered *AND* outgunned, like we were tonight.  Fighting too full dar bars of enemy planes with a handful of guys and we had ENY.

up a 26 a sector back, fly in at about 8k and shred them as the try to jump you. that seems to ease the pressure on those trying to get airborne.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2018, 02:44:17 PM »

up a 26 a sector back, fly in at about 8k and shred them as the try to jump you. that seems to ease the pressure on those trying to get airborne.

A Deuce or a B-26?
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2018, 02:46:26 PM »
B-26

10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2018, 02:48:56 PM »
Once again you are intentionally avoiding the issues raised.    I made the point.   You swatted it aside with an ad hominem.  *THAT* is why you'll never understand.

(Edited out distractions or excuses for)

Everything I've stated has legs to stand on. This complaint is practically as old as the game. It is comprised of three parts: 'I don't want to switch sides', 'I don't want to fly anything other than my favorite late war plane(s)', and 'This is completely unworkable with low numbers.' The last argument was rendered moot by HT. The other two arguments are merely complete stubbornness.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 03:20:50 PM by Arlo »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2018, 03:34:15 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 08:59:38 AM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2018, 03:56:30 PM »
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 08:59:57 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2018, 03:57:45 PM »
A lot of the perceived "double teaming" is simply perception.

Next time someone says "double teaming" they should first check the stats to see if an enemy switched to attacking your team because they already have 20% of the other enemy territory.   

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2018, 04:06:55 PM »
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 09:00:24 AM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
The Damned