Author Topic: Delay before ending mission if fired recently  (Read 7543 times)

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
Re: Delay before ending mission if fired recently
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2019, 05:35:57 PM »
I'm looking at this in my mind again---ok I'm shooting a a plane and I miss-so I see the plane get to the bomb****ing angle. so you say I shouldn't be able to tower for 3 seconds when you  are already at the angle to drop an egg and kill me.. so you think just because I shot at you with by warble even though I missed you have a right to reciprocate and drop a bomb and kill me, but see thing is you don't have the right to kill me---I am defending my base-I have the right to stay alive by any means possible. it's up to you to avoid my fire. and it's up to me to avoid you're bomb.. the way you're thinking is like, panzer's and T34-85's are attacking my base, the attacking GV'rs say it is wrong for me to use a Tiger2 to defend it, that I should defend with the same kind of vehicle the enemy are attacking with.

I have been complained to, in the game text players complaining about to me having a bigger tank then them.

but I'm not worried-I'm 99.99% sure HiTech won't remove the Manned 88's--after all hgow long you all been complaining about them and they still here.if you going to wish/complain about what we do have, how about complaining/wishing for what we don't have--different planes  gvs etc.

Thats exactly what im saying, you shouldnt be able to tower for another 3 seconds.   The same goes for the Tiger II sitting on a pad, if he wasnt able to tower for 3 seconds after firing we'd see these gimmicks a bit less.  You have every right to use a big tank, but there should be some risk in losing it if you suck.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2019, 12:11:36 PM »
And you guys still haven't figured out how to do a clear overlay taped on your screen to give you a direct fire reticle for the manned 88 shooting AP...... A white\black thread with ink marks hanging down the center works just as well. After I tested it, just too lazy to wax on wax off every time I need it. Should set it up like a plumb bob....Gets in the way of the fighter gunsight, dry erase marker works I hear from at least one tank guru who shoots from commander mode becasue he can see over things and use zoom.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2019, 12:15:36 PM »
Personally I'd like to see a delay on both aircraft and vehicles ending sortie, regardless of having fired.  I think something on the order of 10 seconds or so would eliminate a lot of dweebery for both planes and tanks.

If it were me, I'd also have the tank gun point randomly somewhere inside the circle when you move the turret from the commander seat.  It would force people to actually gun from the gunsight.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2019, 02:31:17 PM »
World War II Online has a 10 Second Delay before despawning and it works fine you have to make sure you have the all clear and can't just despawn in the middle of combat +1 for me
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2019, 07:57:26 AM »
Make it so you can only land safely inside the vehicle hangar and this addresses concrete queens.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2019, 09:34:22 AM »
Make it so you can only land safely inside the vehicle hangar and this addresses concrete queens.

This !  :aok
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2019, 11:54:05 AM »
This !  :aok
The problem is that folks want the best of both.  They like to sit on concrete and be able to fire at and hit enemy vehicles/planes and when damaged or endangered end sortie to deny the other fella a kill.  Hangar landing requirement would destroy some concrete queens game and some folks scores. 
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2020, 10:05:13 PM »
Combat logging still a major issue with vehicles.  The trolls just tower to eat up your bombs, but are happy to not tower if they land hits on your attack run.  Let wirbles tower for all I care, but leave their sprite there for 3 seconds so that the game is fair to both parties.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2020, 08:33:54 AM »
Combat logging still a major issue with vehicles.  The trolls just tower to eat up your bombs, but are happy to not tower if they land hits on your attack run.  Let wirbles tower for all I care, but leave their sprite there for 3 seconds so that the game is fair to both parties.
World War II Online has 10 second delay I would think that could here as well
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2020, 09:50:35 PM »
Great idea!! GVs already have the Romulan cloaking device where you cant see their icon from the air and can barely see the GV from above 500ft.
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2020, 10:45:39 PM »
Great idea!! GVs already have the Romulan cloaking device where you cant see their icon from the air and can barely see the GV from above 500ft.

and it was given to them because before they were easy to kill, you could see their icon from 6k away.  as a tradeoff the gv dar was created.

as for given a 10 second delay, why not give buff pilots the oportunity to get a kill if they damage a pilot enough to where he goes and lands.

life aint faire, fare, cant spell it.  love stinks, yeah, yeah

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2020, 01:54:28 AM »
and it was given to them because before they were easy to kill, you could see their icon from 6k away.  as a tradeoff the gv dar was created.

as for given a 10 second delay, why not give buff pilots the oportunity to get a kill if they damage a pilot enough to where he goes and lands.

life aint faire, fare, cant spell it.  love stinks, yeah, yeah

semp

Those arent nearly the same in comparison.  The buff pilot does have opportunity to shoot the fighter down, the fighter doesn't get a free out, he still has to limp home.  The wirbles get to be gunners and then decide to end mission if they are going to get hit.  If the fighter bails, its a kill to the buff or wirble.
A better comparison to buffs is taking a kill away from a fighter if you end your mission while missing a wing.

And im not even asking for 10 seconds.  3 seconds is plenty of time to deter the cheese.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 02:06:13 AM by haggerty »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2020, 02:27:37 AM »
if they bail not on the proper place you get s kill.

semp

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2020, 02:35:09 AM »
if they bail not on the proper place you get s kill.

semp

If enemy tank abandons vehicle I still destroy it, should be credited.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2020, 12:37:56 AM »
If enemy tank abandons vehicle I still destroy it, should be credited.

you get a proxy, same as a fighter who bail when he knows he cant escape. not a difference.

semp