Author Topic: Low Level Bombinggroups  (Read 1067 times)

Offline Captain Hook

• Zinc Member
Low Level Bombinggroups
« on: November 03, 2018, 06:53:43 AM »
My question is on low level bombing:
At 50' above water I notice my two drones are significantly higher then 100'. Will I still be available on enemy radar?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Low Level Bombinggroups
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 08:12:22 AM »
No, only the lead is counted. And that is in everything.

....and you do know that all bombs must travel 500 feet to arm. That is in any direction.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 11:15:24 AM »

....and you do know that all bombs must travel 500 feet to arm. That is in any direction.

I thought it was 1000 ft.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 12:31:56 PM »

Likewise.   :headscratch:

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 12:31:59 PM »

Correct.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2018, 03:04:37 PM »
 :furious M - O - M---They are gonna be explaining MATH AGAIN...SOON    :devil YUP 1000 Angles and Speed matter...but 1000ft in total(have even heard 800) but the  :uhoh Math I used was set on 1000ft :uhoh  Then again...I am from Tenn, just North of Bama...so.. :D.I am also  South of Kentucky...known for their WINDAGE... :devil
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 03:07:14 PM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2018, 06:15:57 PM »

I thunk it was a thousand feet-they must have change it when I wasn't looking
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2018, 06:17:44 PM »
:furious M - O - M---They are gonna be explaining MATH AGAIN...SOON    :devil YUP 1000 Angles and Speed matter...but 1000ft in total(have even heard 800) but the  :uhoh Math I used was set on 1000ft :uhoh  Then again...I am from Tenn, just North of Bama...so.. :D.I am also  South of Kentucky...known for their WINDAGE... :devil

yes I was born in Kentucky-my windage is very good :D
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2018, 06:20:22 PM »
500ft will get you killed by you're own bomb.
the bomb has to travel 1000fy straight down or at an angle like slinging it :old:

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2018, 09:58:05 PM »
 I know you werent asking this, per say....but since it was mentioned.   :uhoh Pythagoreas...figured it out...that Hypotenuse thing you learned in school. Altitude and Range and Speed all figure in. When I bomb Gvs or hangers. Usually its 35 degree above 300mph drop when I see icon. Dont miss much :uhoh Hangers you can come in Higher/Steeper then again my set up, is to fire Rockets AND Bombs same pass! Level bombing will be just simple Pythagorean Geometry...once speed is stable. Most guys I see doing this are just CARPET Bombing Towns or possible GVS...not much skill involved IMO :uhoh If you want to kill GVS practice dive bombing OffLine. You can enable the Dive Bomb Precision aid.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain