Author Topic: Special Events in Aces High - Come Play With Us - I Dare You To Have Fun  (Read 574 times)

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
To all you newer players (and seasoned players alike). 

There is so much more to Aces High than the Main Arena.

Start your new adventures with us in Special Events. 

We host a variety of additional aspects to the game to include things such as FSO (Friday Squad Operations), Scenarios, KOTH (King Of The Hill), and Combat Challenge.

I have a few things I am scheming up to add to the Special Events World such as Jeep Races, World War I Engagements, and full scale Pacific Theater Invasions (which we will eventually expand on).

Check us out.  Review the calendar.  Come play with us. 

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/board,62.0.html

I dare you to have fun!!!

:rock

AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
Re: Special Events in Aces High - Come Play With Us - I Dare You To Have Fun
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 10:54:34 AM »
Yes!    :banana:   Next scenario frame is this coming Saturday.  Walk-ons always welcome.  Or if you're feeling real sporty you can still sign up for one of those hot little Italian Macchis.  I personally saw Zimme tearing up a B-26 in one last Frame!   :cheers:

:airplane: :airplane: :airplane:

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 03:10:57 PM »
Hello Fellers,

I love special events and feel like it's a hidden gem in this world. These events are top notch and have you riding on the edge shaking with the thrill of excitement.

The special events are missing marketing and it's a real shame. People don't even know they exist. I'd really like to see the events marketed on more than just the Forum. People need to be able to plan for this stuff.

Here are a couple of things to reach more people:

1. Post upcoming special events on the front page. This would help the main page stay updated with exciting things. It makes the events more exciting to attend when they are more well known and popularized on the main website. It will help people plan for these things. New players will see more of the game than just the MA experience. It will be great for players who are thinking about resubscribing.

2. Post all of the upcoming events on the Arena Message Board. This will show players events that are upcoming. Not every one checks the forums or the website. This keeps them in the loop so that they can plan and see all of the events.

3. Update the special events website. I know turn KoTH hasn't been updated after looking at it the other day. The website is not marketed enough. It's a great place for people to learn about the events but will not have a clue about it as it's not very well known. It hasn't been updated and looks dead. Yet another opportunity to go by the way side.

Forum marketing just isnt enough and I feel like it's the only way the word is getting out about events. I just don't understand why other marketing tactics are not implemented when it's such a great part of the game that goes almost unnoticed until the day of the event or if you check the boards on a regular basis. I feel like marketing these events on the Main page website would go a long way and also show that the website is being updated with exciting events in the future. If people see that these events are a big deal. More people will be inclinned to join the game to try them.

Thanks to all of the CMs who make events happen.

:salute
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 04:39:13 PM »
Hello Fellers,

I love special events and feel like it's a hidden gem in this world. These events are top notch and have you riding on the edge shaking with the thrill of excitement.

The special events are missing marketing and it's a real shame. People don't even know they exist. I'd really like to see the events marketed on more than just the Forum. People need to be able to plan for this stuff.

1. Post upcoming special events on the front page. This would help the main page stay updated with exciting things. It makes the events more exciting to attend when they are more well known and popularized on the main website. It will help people plan for these things. New players will see more of the game than just the MA experience. It will be great for players who are thinking about resubscribing.

2. Post all of the upcoming events on the Arena Message Board. This will show players events that are upcoming. Not every one checks the forums or the website. This keeps them in the loop so that they can plan and see all of the events.

3. Update the special events website. I know turn KoTH hasn't been updated after looking at it the other day. The website is not marketed enough. It's a great place for people to learn about the events but will not have a clue about it as it's not very well known. It hasn't been updated and looks dead. Yet another opportunity to go by the way side.

Forum marketing just isnt enough and I feel like it's the only way the word is getting out about events. I just don't understand why other marketing tactics are not implemented when it's such a great part of the game that goes almost unnoticed until the day of the event or if you check the boards on a regular basis. I feel like marketing these events on the Main page website would go a long way and also show that the website is being updated with exciting events in the future. If people see that these events are a big deal. More people will be inclinned to join the game to try them.

All good points, Brother and I really appreciate your input. 

Ultimately, the responsibility for getting the word out on the calender and in the forums falls on my shoulders.  I am still new to this aspect of eh CM Team and am working to correct it. 

If you, or anyone for that matter, sees that I may be missing something, I appreciate feedback thru PM.  I may not answer them all but am trying my best to find a way to enhance the special event world for all.  It is an outstanding feature to the game.     

Thanks again for your post.
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 11:57:56 PM »

+1836377949494727

Put up a calendar in the MA which players can't get around.

Put up a timer on the middle top of the home page with all the upcoming events. And make a clock count down.

This kinda stuff keeps players hooked.

We already have put up a discord for the MPA which could use some official marketing (but it's already doing well)

DutchVII
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.