Author Topic: Thursday Night AvA Suggestion  (Read 475 times)

Offline VanceVP

• Zinc Member
Thursday Night AvA Suggestion
« on: October 20, 2018, 08:23:07 PM »
I gotta tell ya, if you like to gv and have a good time doing it, you owe it to yourself to check out the AvA on Thursday night starting at 8 pm EST.

Aside from all the fun I have been having in the AvA, I would like to suggest that maybe Thursday night isn't the best night for this. Considering that it's football season, Sunday and Monday nights probably aren't good nights either. Neither would Saturday with all the college ball. I am wondering if the fun got moved to another night, like maybe Wednesday night, if it might help encourage others to visit and try it out?

I don't know about the other regulars to the AvA, but I would love to have some fresh meat. It gets a little boring killing everybody all the time. Right Jaeger?

This is just a suggestion to try to tempt others to try this out. Thursday night when we get a butt load of people in there is a total blast and I personally would like to see more people joining us.

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
Re: Thursday Night AvA Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 02:07:59 PM »
I always have a great time when I remember to attend.  It's also fun when everyone is on the same vox channel.  The distance to the fight is always short and there is constant action.  The AvA staff does a great job.

One-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline DLXIRON

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 04:44:49 PM »

i have always wanted to attend but that is 5oclock on the west coast and I am usually well involved in real life still at the time.

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 05:43:47 PM »
It may start at 8 EST but we are usually still in by the 6 and 7 PST !  Come in when you can!
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline VanceVP

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 06:24:01 PM »
Maybe the starting time needs to be changed so the West Coast guys can get in on the action. It sounds like the way things are right now, only the really old farts that are retired and have no life can make the AvA. While the idea of starting later does not appeal to me personally, I would go along with it if changing the start time brings in fresh meat for the Master Blaster (and that would be me - just FYI). I am willing to go alone with whatever it takes to bring more players. And yes! The AvA staff does one hell of a job and they make sure that everything is aimed at having fun.

Just another of my limited thoughts,
Vance

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 11:25:02 PM »
That’s an idea Vance. I’ll bring it up and see what can be done.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2018, 10:18:02 AM »
Yeah, maybe slide the start time back by an hour.  That’ll require Jaeger to stay up a little later but, the old fart can handle it. 😂

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2018, 02:00:38 PM »
Or maybe he will be tired and fall asleep at the controls and stick out in plain sight!! You know,,! TARGET!!!

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 02:11:29 PM »
Vance I agree with you on your initial post.
Monday night madness sounds like a cool name, but it's also the same day as Monday night football. Thursday night is the same thing.

It's hard to make Monday night after playing on the weekends.

I think Tuesday + Wednesday would be better nights, to have them back to back. Or having air combat night Friday night before FSO might be a good idea as more players log in early Friday for FSO and will want to warm up.

Tuesdays and Wednesdays are very boring nights for most people.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline VanceVP

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2018, 07:36:27 PM »
Yeah, maybe slide the start time back by an hour.  That’ll require Jaeger to stay up a little later but, the old fart can handle it. 😂

Are you sure about that Puma?

Offline VanceVP

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2018, 07:38:14 PM »
Or maybe he will be tired and fall asleep at the controls and stick out in plain sight!! You know,,! TARGET!!!

He does that most of the time and he claims to be wide awake   :x

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2018, 09:04:14 PM »
 :rofl

All gave some, Some gave all