Author Topic: Another F-106 Active Air Scramble  (Read 1962 times)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Re: Another F-106 Active Air Scramble
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2018, 12:56:18 AM »
Did a precautionary landing at a bush strip once because of a seat belt hanging out. Scared the crap out of me @ 120Knots.

Thanks for sharing Puma, great story.

You’re welcome.  I can only imagine how a seat belt with a metal end would sound.  The only thing that’s made my bud’s thumping tolerable was the lack of any metal at the end of the harness.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2018, 09:56:55 AM »
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Online 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2018, 02:35:30 PM »
You’re right, I missed it.  All the crap i had to wear in order to have some of the most fun on the planet gets me distracted at times.  Good catch!
No problem :aok OH! Rub it on IN..."Most fun on the planet"..Ya ya ..we know...and LOVE hearing about it!  :rock NOPE..NOT jealous...much :uhoh :rofl
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2018, 02:48:59 PM »
 :rofl

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2018, 11:01:07 PM »
Oh it's loud.   

I had it happen when going out to the practice area for some "under the hood" instruction and the instructor thought the engine was about to expire because the rhythm changed with prop speed.

I remembered a guy had called an emergency landing on the same plane about six months earlier and landed at Andrews air force base but the cause wasn't discovered and he flew it back without incident other than a lot of paperwork and unwanted attention.    It was coming up for another annual so it was inspected and nothing found amiss.

I pushed open my door and pulled the belt in and that was it.

The next time I went out for a pleasure flight, I found brake rotors on the floor behind the seats when I got in and quietly handed them to my friend who worked there and he said "I had thrown them away".     It turned out that the previous "renter" had seen the rotors, deemed them still usable for something and forgot to take them out at his destination.

N4599L, a full IFR cessna 152 was later flipped over at W10.     

I liked that plane.