Author Topic: Its time to perk the Yak3 and La7  (Read 15241 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Its time to perk the Yak3 and La7
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2018, 09:28:21 AM »
the YAK 3 is not an Uber ride. Scale from 1-10

Firepower:  4
Speed:       7
Maneuverability:  6
Climb:       8
Ords:         2

Where's the Uber here?
If I'd put it in a category I'd not like to see in a co alt 1v1 while I'm flying a TA152, it would be the same as LA7, K4, and KI84.

I know people dislike my opinion but the Yak3, brewster and even the TU2 don't seem to be under the same affect of gravity in Aces High
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2018, 10:37:59 AM »
Uber, acceleration, speed firepower and all the blah blah is irrelevant.  Lusche's charts clearly show why the Dora and the Yak3 need an ENY adjustment and historically why HTC usually makes these adjustments.  A planes usage and it's impact on the melee arena.  Both are heavily used at their current ENY levels, and have comparable or better k/d ratios to planes with lower ENY settings. Time to adjust them to a lower ENY.  What is appropriate is up to the powers at HTC, but clearly they are having an impact on gameplay.  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2018, 11:44:17 AM »
the YAK 3 is not an Uber ride. Scale from 1-10

Firepower:  4
Speed:       7
Maneuverability:  6
Climb:       8
Ords:         2

Where's the Uber here?
But this is solely your opinion and has 0 actual data that makes this true.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2018, 11:53:07 AM »
:rofl

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2018, 12:55:27 PM »
You forgot acceleration, very important to the Yak - 9
Strength of plane too - 9

I'd increase maneuverability to 8. It rolls about as good as a 109K, and it's acceleration + manuevers +size  allows it to escape almost any plane that is chasing it.. these are very important to it's success.

Note the Yak9U doesn't have this ability as easily.

Common Planes that can out turn a YAK 3 = spit, hurry, Ki-84, N1k2, Zeke, Brewster, Ki-43, P-40, F4F, F6F, Ki-61 F4U.

For a fast plane the yak turns well, but not that well compared to the line up of Late war planes.  So I think the 6 rating on Maneuverability is fair.
Climb and acceleration are too similar to list them separately.  I don't think the yak is an 8 for strength but I don;t have any data myself on that. People have done damage test on planes. We'd have to dig further.
Who is John Galt?

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2018, 12:57:38 PM »

not true. It is based on plane performance ranking  :salute 
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 01:00:33 PM by Vinkman »
Who is John Galt?

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2018, 01:23:18 PM »
Why is the TA152 a 10 ENY when it has less affect in the MA then the Yak3?

How this is being approached may be the confusion. What is the Ta152's ability to destabilize a fight in the vein of a 262 or Tempest or F4u-4 or F4u-C or 163? The Ta152 is a nuisance like a 262 during a busy furball when it suddenly rips through out of nowhere. During that initial surprise some times a few players are blind sided and the 152 WEPs up and away to rinse and repeat. That changes the nature of the furball since everyone on the attacked side is throwing warnings about the 152, and hyping the lost players from that first pass and subsequent passes. There is a real effect on the nature of the activity in that localized area if the 152 driver is not a weenie with no skill. You can't just ignore the 152 and go back to your ACM state from just before when there was not a 152 loose to pick you off. That mental change costs players kills or, gets them killed worrying about the high ENY ride picking them out of nowhere. The average pool of customers who can be affected by this in a furball is larger than our Junky level players in the game. So that is a metric based on destabilization of localized activity and customer satisfaction.

What is the real potential destabilization impact to customer satisfaction by the Yak3? Is it equal to the current perked rides and low ENY rides or, has it become an overused nuisance like the Brewster was before the Yak3 took over the Brewster's role? And years ago the 4 hispano HurriC was used as that kind of nuisance before the Brewster was introduced. Everyone hated the HurriC becasue it could turn and the sissies flying it HO'd on every pass was the gripe against it's over use.

ENY and perking is related to destabilization of player activity in a localized area. How does the Yak3 measure at this point in time to that metric? It is incredibly irritating and seems to magically not get damaged more like shooting at bombers with 30cal. But, how destabilizing is it to localized combat activity? If anything the squirrely little things keep groups tied up wasting their ammo while someone in a perk or low number ENY ride blind sides them repeatedly. Having observed the evolution of their use, in the hands of the worst case scenario vets, they are competitive up to 20k. While they can perform relatively tight maneuvering at high speed becasue of their short wingspan. They are often flown like mini Ta152 to great effect by veteran players from 20k to the deck these days, versus originally as high speed irritating bottom pickers, vulchers and runners. In AH2 the La7 and it's WEP made it the king of that role.

Has everyone forgotten Hitech reduced the La7 top speed on WEP back in AH2 and the forums were sure that was the death of this game. A lot of players were using it back then exactly the same way the Yak3 is used today. With the exception the only thing on the deck that could catch it when it was on WEP was a 262 or a 51 on WEP dropping from 10k. But, it could be killed unlike the Yak3 today.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2018, 02:04:24 PM »
Uber, acceleration, speed firepower and all the blah blah is irrelevant.  Lusche's charts clearly show why the Dora and the Yak3 need an ENY adjustment and historically why HTC usually makes these adjustments.  A planes usage and it's impact on the melee arena.  Both are heavily used at their current ENY levels, and have comparable or better k/d ratios to planes with lower ENY settings. Time to adjust them to a lower ENY.  What is appropriate is up to the powers at HTC, but clearly they are having an impact on gameplay.  :aok

I mostly agree with this, and perhaps the Yak should have a lower ENY  :salute
However the objective capability of a plane should effect ENY.  There is risk in just basing it on player usage. For ex: the Yak3 with it's low power armament may not be very good against bombers, and is useless against structures and GVs.  A P-47 that can carry enough ords to drop a Fighter hangar on one pass, and Kill 8-9 Lancs on 1 ammo load. So air to air kills don't tell the whole story.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2018, 02:19:05 PM »

EX: the Yak3 is 68% Percentile Rank in Top speed from Brewester to 262. Hence the YAK is a 7 out of 10.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2018, 03:14:29 PM »
I mostly agree with this, and perhaps the Yak should have a lower ENY  :salute
However the objective capability of a plane should effect ENY.  There is risk in just basing it on player usage. For ex: the Yak3 with it's low power armament may not be very good against bombers, and is useless against structures and GVs.  A P-47 that can carry enough ords to drop a Fighter hangar on one pass, and Kill 8-9 Lancs on 1 ammo load. So air to air kills don't tell the whole story.  :salute
Do you remember when the F4U1D used to be more than 10 ENY bird?  This is a good example of what you and I are talking about.  It got used so much that the ENY was lowered. I think it's an 8 now.  Truth be told it's a dog in terms of choosing something to run down the high speed fast climb super turn planes everyone focuses on nowadays.  But it is a hella destructive bomb truck off the carrier that used to carry a 12-15 ENY.  Hitech adjusted it because of usage and impact.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2018, 03:25:52 PM »
Do you remember when the F4U1D used to be more than 10 ENY bird?  This is a good example of what you and I are talking about.  It got used so much that the ENY was lowered. I think it's an 8 now.  Truth be told it's a dog in terms of choosing something to run down the high speed fast climb super turn planes everyone focuses on nowadays.  But it is a hella destructive bomb truck off the carrier that used to carry a 12-15 ENY.  Hitech adjusted it because of usage and impact.

:aok   :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2018, 04:36:56 PM »

Mostly because the Yak3 don't die when you give it a treatment that would kill any other fighter.

I remind you it's a plane with almost no armor except a 7mm backrest shield and plywood wings.
Other planes with wood wings just fall apart when you hit them.
LA-7 and Yak3 both should be within the same range in taking damage, and they are not.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2018, 05:02:45 PM »
Mostly because the Yak3 don't die when you give it a treatment that would kill any other fighter.

I remind you it's a plane with almost no armor except a 7mm backrest shield and plywood wings.
Other planes with wood wings just fall apart when you hit them.
LA-7 and Yak3 both should be within the same range in taking damage, and they are not.
So how does this apply to the usage and effect on arena and it's k/d versus other planes with a lower or higher ENY?  We can come up with personal experiences or opinions all day long, but this simply not a quantifiable thing to make a decision on the Yak3 or Dora's ENY change.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2018, 05:09:48 PM »
So how does this apply to the usage and effect on arena and it's k/d versus other planes with a lower or higher ENY?  We can come up with personal experiences or opinions all day long, but this simply not a quantifiable thing to make a decision on the Yak3 or Dora's ENY change.
It's given it a higher K/D but is used by scrubtastic players...example GP5
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2018, 05:58:28 PM »
Same scenario with the La7 in AH2 as the dweeb-N-HO ride until Hitech toned down the top speed on WEP. Then the spit16 started becoming the dweeb-N-HO ride while the Brewster was an almost impossible to kill bottom picking wonder plane. Then the Yak3 came along and combined the best irritating attributes of both into this current complaint with the added insult of Magic Copper Chef none stick skin. So now instead of La7 everywhere zipping along at WARP12 HOing everyone, we have Yak3 being incredibly maneuverable at low and medium alts with a Copper Chef skin that nothing sticks to from our ammo menus. Flying one you have a very high probability the hoard chasing you will use up all of it's ammo and you can HO most of them off a sudden reversal and run away leaving half pilot wounded or oiled.

I've watched this from players with the point of view of why up to use up all of my ammo in furballs most of the red guys are flying the Yak3 in. Just to be immune to being hit by guys 200 on their tail holding down on the trigger praying something might connect before they run out of rounds. I've regularly listened to the 56th grouse about how much of their ammo from 8 50cal at 200 it took just to oil one Yak3, then receive a one shot HO pilot wound as it reversed and left the area. This has become a standard complaint both with rook players and knight players over the last two years as my squad spends time in both countries. And some players talk about why up when everyone on the other side seems to be flying Yak3 to avoid being shot down just to get magically pilot wounded.

You want the Yak3 use toned down, make the skin sticker to attracting bullets at 200. It's flown purposely as a get out of being hit by bullets card plane to avoid being towered. It's guns are not what makes it so popular.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.