Author Topic: AXIS AAR HERE  (Read 1535 times)

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
AXIS AAR HERE
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2001, 03:04:00 PM »
puke jv44 and 13th were vectored to p34 then a7.

We spotted f6fs n a7 at 23k or so. That first flight of 5 or 6 was jv44, 13th tas were a bit behind and came in and finished yas.

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
AXIS AAR HERE
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2001, 03:19:00 PM »
It was a blast. I managed to explode 1 F6F in the fist engagement N of A7 after a long chase down to the deck and my whole ammo load  :) Looked back and realized I was all alone  :) Joined up with Toad's 3 guys and patrolled to the east. Spotted 4 F6Fs and couldn't wait for backup, so dove in. Wounded one, started a shallow climbout. Thought I had enough room to type out a quick report, but about halfway thru my sentence I heard pings and started spinning around really fast  :)

Daddog...if you need a replacement squad, I think LJK could muster up 5-6 pilots.

Offline Steven

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
AXIS AAR HERE
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2001, 03:51:00 PM »
Wotan,

Thanks.  We were flying seven F6Fs ((maybe only six, with 2 down to a previous engagement and I think one of us losing his connect and getting locked out.))  I counted at least five enemy dots before we engaged...though it could've been six.  So the engagement was tipped slightly in our balance at first, but that explains how all of a sudden out of the blue I was seeing Ki's all over the place.  All of a sudden, like dominoes falling, I could hear us going down one by one.  A couple of the dogs hung on for a little bit though.

Again, it was quite exciting and I had a blast.  Pinged two Tonys but never could stay on anyone's six long enough before I'd have to dodge someone else.  

(Anyone's films working from the Special Engagements Arena lately?)

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: Steven ]

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
AXIS AAR HERE
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2001, 04:03:00 PM »
my film doesn't work and all the guys in my flight that were on rw had terrible screen freezes when we pulled the trigger....

was good fun thought

S!

Offline GA

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.no
AXIS AAR HERE
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2001, 04:36:00 PM »

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
AXIS AAR HERE
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2001, 06:04:00 PM »
Puke,

TAS only put up a three ship flight of Ki. You guys were already whirling and swirling around at about 20-21k when we got into dot range. We were about 18-19k when we jumped in.

Don't know how many Ki JV44 put up.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
AXIS AAR HERE
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2001, 06:01:00 PM »
The 412th was flying Corsairs from a cv group, running ground attack missions against P24 and P28.  On our first mission we ran into a 6 strong flight of Ki61s.

Who were that flight of ki's?

Tango and I were assigned to engage the ki's and give our other squaddies a break to attack.  It was the 2 of us vs all the ki's so it made for a few heart stopping moments...

Would like to hear the axis side of this engagement.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
AXIS AAR HERE
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2001, 10:23:00 PM »
Just looked at the scores page for the first round. I don't feel so bad now.

The Allies put up a whopping 82 aircraft against the Axis' 48.

After the smoke cleared, the Allies lost 64 aircraft while the Axis lost 37.

Not too shabby, given the odds I think.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
AXIS AAR HERE
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2001, 10:41:00 PM »
Actually Toad I dont think the numbers were that lopsided.  We are looking into some stuff at the moment concerning some folks who re-upped after a ditch, etc that may be skewing the numbers that you are seeing referring to planes launched.  As soon as our investigation is through there may be a change in the score.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
AXIS AAR HERE
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2001, 11:25:00 PM »
Right around launch IIRC the roster said 67 Allies, 52 Axis.  Not ideal but not as lopsided as the scoring page would suggest.  

The main problem is that the 15 pilots we were short were mostly no-show torpedo pilots, which crippled our main point-scoring unit.  But these pilot shortages happen, and they usually seem to even out in the long run.

[ 11-11-2001: Message edited by: funkedup ]

Offline mason22

• Gold Member
AXIS AAR HERE
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2001, 01:09:00 PM »
dont' pick on our skernsky dernit!!

i will keel u if u do   :D

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
AXIS AAR HERE
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2001, 01:52:00 PM »
Sling, just looked at individual scores for 13th TAS.

I'll admit I don't understand the variations but Beemer and I did exactly the same thing in the second sortie. Took off, killed one F6F each and got shot down. Yet he got 7.5 and I get 3.75.

Now I don't give a hoot for score but it seems those two instances should score the same? Is there a bug in the score computer?

Wouldn't want the Allies to win on a bug.   ;)