Author Topic: New Installer Test  (Read 4967 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: New Installer Test
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2018, 01:51:09 PM »
If you have custom gunsights or have associated the existing gunsights differently than how I originally set them up for AH3. Before you run any of these patches updating to 3.04, save off your sights directory. Then copy over all the .txt files after the update because they hold what you mapped to each aircraft or ride in the game for an optical gunsight. It's a good idea to back up your game directories occasionally anyway just in case.

These are the most important in general to backup from time to time or, just before you blow away your install to run a new full install. The sub directory of the "settings" folder called "planes", holds the head position files (hps) for each ride that you custom adjusted your views for.

ah3terr
chconfig
maps
settings
         |___planes
sights
skins
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2018, 03:12:55 PM »
Fixed my gunsight issue by pasting my backup sight-folder into the game folder.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2018, 09:20:43 AM »
ok I have downloaded AH# 4 times 48 minutes each which is better than the 3 hours it took before-but when it gets to the (stdshape.res it pops up at 4 hours and times out and stops down load-----any help?
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2018, 09:39:14 AM »
keep running the install over again. Instead of packaging the stdshapes file WITH the initial download they are calling it during the installation. For some reason that server is running a slow download, but you can hit it where it moves quicker. The first couple of times I did mine it would slow real bad on that file, but then the last time it ran off in 20 minutes...... third time was a charm   :D

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2018, 10:04:39 AM »
keep running the install over again. Instead of packaging the stdshapes file WITH the initial download they are calling it during the installation. For some reason that server is running a slow download, but you can hit it where it moves quicker. The first couple of times I did mine it would slow real bad on that file, but then the last time it ran off in 20 minutes...... third time was a charm   :D

Yep.
I cancelled my first attempt after about 2 hours and tried again.  Worked fine on the second try.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Rebel28

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2018, 10:10:36 AM »
The stdshapes stopped at 80% and into a 2 hour download and dumped out. Had to reinstall a 2nd time and stdshapes did not pick up where it left off had to start all over with a 2 hour download.

Total time for this update then totaled 4 hours.
4th Fighter Group
~ The Gunslingers ~

Online AKQwik

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2018, 10:33:05 AM »
I've had no problems nor slowdowns with the download or install, but the momentary freezes haven't changed for me.

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2018, 12:42:28 PM »
I've had no problems nor slowdowns with the download or install, but the momentary freezes haven't changed for me.

This is true.....I am also still getting the occasional freeze...... :old:

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2018, 01:21:00 PM »
If you have custom gunsights or have associated the existing gunsights differently than how I originally set them up for AH3. Before you run any of these patches updating to 3.04, save off your sights directory. Then copy over all the .txt files after the update because they hold what you mapped to each aircraft or ride in the game for an optical gunsight. It's a good idea to back up your game directories occasionally anyway just in case.

These are the most important in general to backup from time to time or, just before you blow away your install to run a new full install. The sub directory of the "settings" folder called "planes", holds the head position files (hps) for each ride that you custom adjusted your views for.

ah3terr
chconfig
maps
settings
         |___planes
sights
skins

Bustr, are you saying we can customize the Hat switch positions for each aircraft?
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2018, 04:07:15 PM »
My track IR5 doesnt seem to work in the patch 11 version. Still works in 9.... :old:

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2018, 07:06:22 PM »
well I got the game to download, but had to go thru STEAM to do it-I didn't want to.  it means opening in account with steam and using a new call sign. I don't want to close my AH3 account with HTC and lose my achievements but if I want to play the game that's what I have to do.

trying HTC download/update 1 last time.
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2018, 09:23:43 PM »
well it didn't work, the installer downloader keeps timing out.  maybe it's my internet

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2018, 09:27:06 PM »
well it didn't work, the installer downloader keeps timing out.  maybe it's my internet

You don't have to download AH more than once. Just re-run the same download. Try off hours when it's not so busy and don't download anything else, like movies, at the same time.

My track IR5 doesnt seem to work in the patch 11 version. Still works in 9.... :old:

Check your VR settings.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2018, 01:47:25 AM »
Same with me! It had been awhile since I had any longer than normal freezes/stutters. Download was about 10 min. Other than the FREEZES...works great. Got used to them before..I know what to do and expect.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2018, 01:48:52 AM »
Bustr, are you saying we can customize the Hat switch positions for each aircraft?
YUP! Salvo settings are even plane by plane also
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain