Author Topic: What we have been up to.  (Read 30078 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: What we have been up to.
« Reply #135 on: December 17, 2018, 04:37:48 PM »
It's like that Hitech guy knows everything.............    :O
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #136 on: December 17, 2018, 06:34:31 PM »
I hope he is close or has the beta up and running with some of you gents helping him work out the kinks. We may never know because he is not obligated to make it an open invitation. If it has the expected controller standard by the general Steam subscriber and easy to get into action and play. They will be exposed to the AH3 engine and graphics along with the physics. You gents will probably have to play it when it goes live to see if he includes something to point at AH3 as the full monti experience if they want more.

Too bad Capture the Sheep is not more popular, it's kind of like Fortnite crossed with AH3 to steal sheep. The He111 made a great sheep protection over watch while the jeep and M3 made great mobile forts when Hitech allowed them in the game. Hitech and Skuzzy were real mean to steal sheep from.
If you would have compared KOTH to Fortnite you wouldn't look like you have no clue what your talking about.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #137 on: December 17, 2018, 07:33:13 PM »
Fortnite has a communal game for groups who like contributing to a less ego bruising group effort and a KOTH game for ego bruisers. Capture the sheep is a communal game once you start jailing players planes with the He111 over watch or a jeep at the sheep pen. Or have the GV's been disabled along with bombers these days. Sheep stealing is a very cooperative game unless you like being jailed while two or three guys steal all your sheep unopposed. It does not work very well as a 1v1 dueling game either since it only takes one random ping to jail you and you need a countryman shooting you to free you. Everyone gets randomly pinged no matter how good they are in steal the sheep. One side wins but, it's not an ego bruiser like KOTH type of games since no one gets shot down from fights in steal the sheep. You cooperatively steal sheep to win.

Mr. Krabby had a horrible PC so he would orbit over the sheep pen in an He111 and spray everyone making it tough to free people from jail.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #138 on: December 18, 2018, 12:49:23 AM »
While it could feed some over. It is not a goal of the design.

HiTech

Interesting.  That seems like a missed opportunity to enhance AH.

Good luck with the War Online product line.
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #139 on: December 18, 2018, 06:27:17 AM »
Will this be accessed from the main arena selection screen of ah3 or will it be a seperate game altogether?
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #140 on: December 18, 2018, 06:31:36 AM »
Will this be accessed from the main arena selection screen of ah3 or will it be a seperate game altogether?

Looks like completely different. No ties.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #141 on: December 18, 2018, 06:40:50 AM »
I've never found the AH KOTH event to be an "ego bruising" type event

Just saying

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #142 on: December 18, 2018, 06:52:30 AM »
Looks like completely different. No ties.

I'll bet there will lots of "come over to ah3" spam in the text.

Offline JoBravo20

• Zinc Member
« Reply #143 on: December 18, 2018, 09:12:34 AM »
I’ll be damned. A fighter game? You have to fight in?  This might be great!
Mutual reaction....  :rock
Just JoBravo

Offline Timppa

• Zinc Member
« Reply #144 on: December 18, 2018, 09:26:06 AM »
Obvious requirements:
- F3 -view enabled
- Lead computing gunsight enabled
- Easy mouse control

:aok

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #145 on: December 18, 2018, 04:09:21 PM »
Obvious requirements:
- F3 -view enabled
- Easy mouse control

If that is what it takes to have a successful game, then I'd say go for it!

It doesn't affect any of us playing AH and I don't think HTC should provide or offer it to the AH3 crowd for free!

We are not owed any free ride just because we played a different product of HTC, no matter if it has been over 6 months or 29 years!  Typo error:  meant over 19 years for AH, I didn't have my first modem to modem (head to head) until late 1989...3 years before my first attempt at Air Warrior..

My thoughts

TC
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 04:14:25 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #146 on: December 18, 2018, 05:55:02 PM »
F3 views maybe, even though it doesn't teach very good mechanics. but definitely not lead computing sights. That would make it too easy.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #147 on: December 18, 2018, 06:00:29 PM »
Obvious requirements:
- F3 -view enabled
- Easy mouse control

I'm ok with easy mouse control for those who can't afford or don't like sticks, but I sure hope it's not f3 view with aimbots.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #148 on: December 18, 2018, 06:00:42 PM »
F3 views maybe, even though it doesn't teach very good mechanics. but definitely not lead computing sights. That would make it too easy.

Meh.  I think F3 is reasonable.  I have always thought it would be a good compromise for the awkward, goof 1980's key based, or joystick hat view systems.  That isn't realistic either and a lot more restrictive than you'd have in real life being able to turn your head in more than set angles continuously including looking out of the corner of your eye.  Of course, VR is the real solution.  :lol
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #149 on: December 18, 2018, 06:05:43 PM »

Whooot!  New trailer!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjUouTYGzbg

Oh, wait.  Maybe not. 

Man, those graphics don't look as good as I  remembered.   :rofl  Still a great game though.

(But didn't hold a candle to the original Dynamix Red Baron!  That game first got me interested in sims.)
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.