Author Topic: This game is not dead....  (Read 1669 times)

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
This game is not dead....
« on: December 12, 2018, 06:43:56 PM »
I'm just going to say it. The game is, has, and always will be what you make of it.

All the complaints over the years took their toll. Now devs shift focus for greater revenue generation thru an entirely different game.

This will kill AH3 as the new model shifts to the player base HTC has always catered to the most. I'm good with that I guess. It's not my pet.

Aces High presented an avenue no other game presented. RTS in a CFS environment where time invested was the ultimate requirement and the slightest mistake made that time wasted. Yes there have always been gaps but the time it took to master them to the player who dedicated themselves to it on such a scale, when this was all a part of the show, meant something to those who dedicated that time to be good.

AH was never a fighter sim. It is a full scale RTS WW2 CFS. The only one of it's kind in the world.

I look forward to keep coming back when I want. Throwing up sets of buffs at the enemy, presenting 6-9 kills if they are earned(each kill is earned believe that), and learning this new game if it presents a bomber element to rain terror and destruction both in the skies above and on the dirt we call territory.

Swear to God if this is simply mission based and not tactical RTS I'm gonna be disappointed... But who cares what Finetime ever had to say.

Even if he did call this very thing 2 years ago in a banned thread most of y'all cool folks couldn't handle at the time....
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 06:49:10 PM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: This game is not dead....
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 06:54:20 PM »
Think harder.

WO:P could be the life-line that keeps AHIII afloat for years to come.

:salute
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 06:55:06 PM »
Well 17 years ago when I started playing this game it was VERY MUCH so a "fighter game". The game has changed dramatically through the years.

"The game is, has, and always will be what you make of it." LOL!!! It is tough to make the game a fight game these days as most players run away, or completely ignore you in favor of lawndarting their target.

I'm hoping HTC new game shows what HTC can put out as a combat game. I hope very much this leads to players that try/play the new game to AH3 looking for a more full and rounded game.

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 07:06:42 PM »
Well 17 years ago when I started playing this game it was VERY MUCH so a "fighter game". The game has changed dramatically through the years.

"The game is, has, and always will be what you make of it." LOL!!! It is tough to make the game a fight game these days as most players run away, or completely ignore you in favor of lawndarting their target.

I'm hoping HTC new game shows what HTC can put out as a combat game. I hope very much this leads to players that try/play the new game to AH3 looking for a more full and rounded game.

Fugi, I've flown with you. You can banter all you want bud. You look for the same advantage as every other player. Yes, you do not run like some. Complaining about runners is not a majority problem in this game though. It is a personal problem where you find yourself at an advantage and smart players say nope he has more E, more backup, more advantage.

Not saying your the problem... Rule #4 is a biter :)

Look at it like this, imagine yourself as an apex predator in a tiny environment. If you want to feed you're going to have to sacrifice that score that you hold so dear. Anybody who sticks around ain't stupid. Your voice along with mine steer this game into the direction that it's headed. For you you have hope for me it's very sad.
I
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 07:11:18 PM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 07:12:47 PM »
Think harder.

WO:P could be the life-line that keeps AHIII afloat for years to come.

:salute
when numbers is the number one issue.....

And we are going to draw the numbers that aces high 3 has a way to fill in the new game.....

I'm sorry sir I am thinking very hard on this matter and I do not agree but I appreciate your enthusiasm and wish the new game the best.

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 07:16:21 PM »
Anybody ever invested 45 minutes into a base take and had to earn it? Not a sneak but a base earned. That is why I played.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 07:56:20 PM »
I'm beginning to wonder if a 5x5 MA terrain type and all of the multiplied gaminess due to the small venue wouldn't solve some of the constant moaning about the running away and unwillingness to fight. Scale wise, a 5x5 and our current average max of about 170 would be an equivalent to a 10x10 with about 250-275 players. No field would be deeper than about 2 sectors from the center, and all three countries furball fans could easily get at each others fights. And into everyone's best attempts to have out of the way field grabs or bomber missions.

For all of those who fly FSO, during prime time it would be a lot like when all the target feilds and RTB feilds get covered with fighters just after the bomber strikes finish. After that window during low numbers, it would be easier to get at people during the slow time.

I've been lurking Oceania this week looking at it from a 5x5 perspective. I think it would work from the bored player perspective and it would concentrate player density which psychologically may help players to initiate more than sit back and be tentative like is today's norm. Numbers = More Possibilities even if it's a purpose created illusion by manipulating scale. I manipulated scale with shorter field placements on my three terrains and they generate a lot of activity during prime time. In a 5x5 even 120 players and the resulting darbars would give an illusion of numbers and multiple activities to take part in. Numbers has always been the key to the tipping point that fires up players. It may even cause the prime time window to last a bit longer. I guess being HO'd for 4 hours is better than only being HO'd for 2hours.... :O

From the stand point of our unique venue, 20x20 and 10x10 are a signature feature, while a 5x5 is conceding to the low numbers reality. It would be a fair Titanic Tuesday kind of change to feel out the low numbers proportional to when we had too many players and split into two MA arenas with Titanic Tuesday.

I think today the 5x5 is doable, while in the end The AH identity is Hitech's dream to guide into the future.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 08:37:43 PM by bustr »
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 09:05:17 PM »
Anybody ever invested 45 minutes into a base take and had to earn it? Not a sneak but a base earned. That is why I played.

I have spent HOURS building plans, training players to execute that plan as well as back up plans to cover the failures of our plan.

Your "X" amount of accounts is nothing but trying to cut the corners of a base take.... cant get others to join, do it your self.... cant get enough skill from other to hit the assigned targets, do it your self. You never really played the game, all you have ever done is go for the be all of winning the war. The game never was nor is it now, all about "winning the war". Its always been about the FIGHT to win the war. Combat!

I rarely fly above 10K, dont like wasting the time to climb. Most of my fights are when Im at a disadvantage. Yet I still find more players running away from me, avoiding fights. This game is dying more everyday. If new players dont join up it will continue its slow decline.

The new game HTC is looking to release will have little effect on the population of AH3. However the new players/gamers that try the new game may find they enjoy "War Online: Pacific" to the point that they may look for other games "like" it and low and behold they will find AH3. It could bring new players to AH.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2018, 01:53:28 PM »
Fugi, you should edit that "HOURS" to "YEARS"

:D

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Online Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2018, 01:32:47 AM »
Nobody beats the WIZ  :banana:

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2018, 12:54:52 AM »

Swear to God if this is simply mission based and not tactical RTS I'm gonna be disappointed... But who cares what Finetime ever had to say.

Even if he did call this very thing 2 years ago in a banned thread most of y'all cool folks couldn't handle at the time....

Finetime was a fun guy to run OP's with, and taking bases deep behind enemy lines was one of his strong points, and the 49er's would capitalize on that and unleash GV's to raise havoc and draw players off the furball to deal with us. But that has changed because the rule of thumb now is ....."Don't mess with the Furball"  my 2¢

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2018, 08:55:36 AM »
Finetime was a fun guy to run OP's with, and taking bases deep behind enemy lines was one of his strong points, and the 49er's would capitalize on that and unleash GV's to raise havoc and draw players off the furball to deal with us. But that has changed because the rule of thumb now is ....."Don't mess with the Furball"  my 2¢

Too bad you feel you have to limit yourself.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2018, 04:11:35 PM »
Too bad you feel you have to limit yourself.

Hey the folks who made the game are the one’s setting the limits

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2018, 04:23:43 PM »
I think the something turned when Midway left.  He livened up the arena for everyone and now that he was bullied, mocked and put out on his ear there is no light entertainment.   :(
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2018, 04:52:22 PM »
I think the something turned when Midway left.  He livened up the arena for everyone and now that he was bullied, mocked and put out on his ear there is no light entertainment.   :(

You just enjoyed the flattery from him   :D
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com