Author Topic: 2018 Tournament Of Champions Results  (Read 2642 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: 2018 Tournament Of Champions Results
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2019, 10:06:09 PM »
Forgot to mention that the KOTH TOC event rounds with just the 5 invitees that showed, was not a bunch of one vs one, then on to the next closest fight....we actually had several rounds where it was an all out furballing down and dirty dogfighting dance among all 5 in the same fight....

I think I enjoyed those rounds the most because all of us threw caution to the wind, and went for it.... Have not seen much of that in KOTH events for a while, except a few times in 2018 and was good to see in the TOC event....felt like it was 2004 through 2010 KOTH events!

I hope all of us can encourage more to come....as I said before, KOTH helps those who want to be or get better by dogfighting more skillful/knowledgeable players....a player has to make their own decision to make it a point to find dogfighting with those people they think are hard to beat, if you really want to climb to the best you can do or be....

I've watched JeffN over the years, mainly the past two and told him during the TOC, how much enjoyment I've gotten seeing how much improvement he has gained and admire his wanting to fly KOTH events and watching him grow...

I watched many of those who have kept coming back each time, better than the last time....for 15+ years... I still think KOTH event is the best thing for players who want to learn how to lay it all out there and learn from it and come back next event even better than before....kinda makes my day to watch players grow like that...

And most all of us are willing to help anyone who ask for help to go to the MPA/DA arena or Training Arena to help you get past any plateau they might find themselves leveled off on and feel kinda stuck, to help them get passed it and move forward with gaining more experience and competence...

~S~

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2019, 12:29:38 PM »
Forgot to mention that the KOTH TOC event rounds with just the 5 invitees that showed, was not a bunch of one vs one, then on to the next closest fight....we actually had several rounds where it was an all out furballing down and dirty dogfighting dance among all 5 in the same fight....

I think I enjoyed those rounds the most because all of us threw caution to the wind, and went for it.... Have not seen much of that in KOTH events for a while, except a few times in 2018 and was good to see in the TOC event....felt like it was 2004 through 2010 KOTH events!

I chalked it up in large part to the participants understanding how important wabbit hunting is.  In many of the KOTHs I've been in, I've watched people ignore the wabbits time and again and I just don't understand why.

The one that made me laugh hardest was I think it was the FM2 round where TC shot Violator, Jeff shot TC, and I shot Jeff within the space of about 4 seconds, with Doc hanging over us all waiting to finish off the last man standing.

It was good fun for sure.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2019, 06:08:52 PM »
 :) So much easier on the desktop, although I'll still go slow to avoid typos
I remember that one Wiley. Sometimes I think I jinx people when I call Last # and then a guy gets shot down. I was like last 4, 3, 2 ....
Wabbit hunting is no where where it should be that's for sure but it was on display in TOC, so it's not a lost art. The guys IN the wabbit fight really need to hammer him only. Sometimes two guys out in the sticks wabbit hunting come across each other and have to fight it out before proceeding though.

I chalked it up in large part to the participants understanding how important wabbit hunting is.  In many of the KOTHs I've been in, I've watched people ignore the wabbits time and again and I just don't understand why.
The one that made me laugh hardest was I think it was the FM2 round where TC shot Violator, Jeff shot TC, and I shot Jeff within the space of about 4 seconds, with Doc hanging over us all waiting to finish off the last man standing.
It was good fun for sure.
Wiley.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2019, 02:35:50 PM »
<S> Violator
Sorry I was out of town and missed it.
Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2019, 11:16:47 AM »
<S> Violator
Sorry I was out of town and missed it.
Eagler

<S> Eagler. Missed you out there man. Hope to see ya around this year in the MA and Koth.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion