Author Topic: Suggestion: Unpaying accounts - not free planes  (Read 4169 times)

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
Re: Suggestion: Unpaying accounts - not free planes
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2019, 08:56:20 AM »
a former squaddie of mine took up a set of bombers and had a new player join him, the 1st thing the guy did was start firing all the guns until they were empty, he had to bail and start over. said he would never have a new guy join him again
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2019, 12:56:01 PM »
a former squaddie of mine took up a set of bombers and had a new player join him, the 1st thing the guy did was start firing all the guns until they were empty, he had to bail and start over. said he would never have a new guy join him again

In a bomber you have different issues.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline GrandpaChaps

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2019, 05:40:14 PM »
1)
While a free account with limited plane selection is not something that will be right for this game, HTC must allow some free access to the main game - players expect to taste the full game before they put money into it - and the 2weeks trial is not good enough for this.

HTC should have “free events” that allow unpaying accounts to play in all arenas during these limited-time reoccurring events.

Now, if they do that 1 weekend every month this will not create a population of freeloaders that play 1 or 2 evenings per month. Players that are willing to put money into a game will want to be able to play at least once a week, and likely much more. That big free weekend will serve as a taste that will make eager players want to play more and not wait another month for the next session. Those undecided can try play again in a couple of weeks and then decide - no pressure.

This free weekend will be an opportunity for the community to arrange special events to showcase that aspect of AH and contribute to recruiting + getting enough players to run large walk-on events like we used to, to the enjoyment of the paying subscribers.

When creating a free account, players should be able to ask to be reminded via email (or sms also?) that a free weekend is starting, so they don’t miss it.

2)
Allow unpaying accounts to enter the main arena and observe the game - without the ability to spawn. Lets them see the game!
They should be able to send “.join” requests. Text and Vox privileges may be considered, but this could be problematic.

I know that this opens the door for easy spying, but we have enough of that already, and I am not a fan of stealth game tactics anyway.

I thought they already did with a trial account?

But, interesting idea to draw my interesting.

Free account gets same trial period. 

After that, they can still use the game and join all arenas except, if they are killed "x" times, they have to wait 24, 48, xyz hours until they can rejoin the "live" arenas.

:joystick:
Uncle Fred