Author Topic: What to expect from War Online: Pacific.  (Read 37586 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: What to expect from War Online: Pacific.
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2019, 12:07:33 PM »
It's all on an SSD, I've tried swapping the game from SSD to HDD to even a hybrid SSD/HDD it doesn't make a difference.

Edit: if you have tried using all those different types of storage devices and you still experiencing the same thing regardless, then it shines a light more strongly at your Windows 10

When you are coming out of another game or video intensive program and try to start up AH3 or possibly WO:P, it looks like your "White Screen" might be happening because the SSD is still using/loaded up with the previous game's video information/DX9 or DX11 information, to where the SSD cache hasn't flushed/cleared itself yet...so that the GPU/Video & DX requirements are clear for use by AH3 or WO:P

Rebooting/logging out of Windows, is allowing your SSD to clean/clear it's cache and depending on the particular SSD, could also have some other features like trash collection, etc....

So, if you were to just go straight to the computer and boot it up, you are saying that you have no trouble if you log in straight to AH3 first time / first thing, correct?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 12:12:34 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2019, 12:16:46 PM »
Yeah if I open AH/WO:P first thing I have no issues, I don't understand how it could be an issue on my end because I have absolutely zero issues with any other programs/games.. it's only this.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2019, 12:24:33 PM »
Yeah if I open AH/WO:P first thing I have no issues, I don't understand how it could be an issue on my end because I have absolutely zero issues with any other programs/games.. it's only this.

Which means other players could run into this too.  maybe a certain percentage of new players trying the game. 

I would post this in the bugs forum so that can help you debug it.

:salute
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2019, 12:33:16 PM »
OK, I checked it out.  First, I found that someone else had already claimed my handle.  :frown:

Use your same login ID as aces high.

Yep, that was it.  I forgot that my login and my call sign are different.  Thanks.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2019, 12:56:56 PM »
Well with all this jibber jabber I thought I should have a look at downloading.... took about 7 mins to download and about the same to install... talk about a pain in the butt...having to do the settings thing but even that was easy ..... had a little play around.... reminds me of a game I had on my phone...in fact it was a P40 also hahaha and had to work your way up to better planes...hmmm   should go see who the app developer was hahaha .... you can now see where the testing of the game interface was done.... We were the guinea pigs people....never got to fight as it is what it is at the moment and I live in a wonderful place that is not in many peoples play time.... 
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 01:02:20 PM by SPKmes »

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2019, 03:26:39 PM »
I really wish they would update the GUI for a better look and a  streamlined end user experience. As it stands now, it reminds of a game graphically (GUI) stuck in the early mid 90's. The layout is terribad as well..
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2019, 04:00:11 PM »
Was the 90's a long time ago? Asking for a friend.

Game is set in the 40's, split the difference and you get the 90's.  :devil

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2019, 05:01:25 PM »
I think there is a flaw with the game as it is. I tried it but there was no one there. With todays attention span I doubt many people are going to hang around waiting for someone to show up. Needs AI.
Pies not kicks.

Offline DLXIRON

• Copper Member
« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2019, 05:50:49 PM »
I think there is a flaw with the game as it is. I tried it but there was no one there. With todays attention span I doubt many people are going to hang around waiting for someone to show up. Needs AI.

it does not officially get released to the public until the 7th.

Dougie

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2019, 06:17:39 PM »
Where do we give feed back on this...………   
Ludere Vincere

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2019, 06:45:22 PM »
it does not officially get released to the public until the 7th.

Dougie

good point

still, I would be worried given how all the thousands that tried steam AH bailed after a minimal try.
Pies not kicks.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: January 05, 2019, 06:58:50 PM »
Where do we give feed back on this...………   

I've been using this thread Tilt...or guess you could pm HiTech or Skuzzy directly, but probably be sure to put something like "WarOnline:Pacific Beta testing Feedback" or something similar in the subject / topic title....

Then again, they more than likely already get too many/enough PMs as it is.... So do what you think might work better....

Hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #102 on: January 05, 2019, 08:01:58 PM »
good point

still, I would be worried given how all the thousands that tried steam AH bailed after a minimal try.

LOL I have no idea how many steam kids tried it.... from what I am reading they want instant action, easy mode. The new game is aimed at those types without ruining a game like AH.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: January 05, 2019, 08:28:52 PM »

Need to remember this has been given to us early... not officially open for play...

possibly one thing to look for  would be a basic controller set up from the get go... tab box for choice of  controller... mouse, Stick, gamepad and have a basic default... jumping in for quick fun and finding you have to spend another few minutes could be detrimental hahahaha.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: January 05, 2019, 09:36:01 PM »
Tongs,
Have you opened the stick(controller) folder in either WarOnline:Pacific or AH3 lately and noticed all the added controllers that both games recognize and support these days?

I would think that HTC took the time to include some type of default configuration for each individual one, including the mouse and different types of Xbox gamepads (controllers)

About the only thing that is not in there is the WartHog, the VKB stick series and not sure if I remember seeing the tm1600? Then again, maybe it's there and I just don't remember.....

The list has really grown over the years....

TC