Author Topic: What to expect from War Online: Pacific.  (Read 37320 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: What to expect from War Online: Pacific.
« Reply #165 on: January 09, 2019, 10:09:29 PM »
What does this mean?

My take is you can buy the ability to pull more Gs. That sort of thing. Maybe your plane rolls quicker, climbs better..... etc.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #166 on: January 09, 2019, 11:53:39 PM »
My take is you can buy the ability to pull more Gs. That sort of thing. Maybe your plane rolls quicker, climbs better..... etc.
Probably! That would be nice. Almost like as you advance you unlock the "Historical" updates to plane models. I.E. start with Spit MK1 and after so much you get the next design and so on.  OK, I forgot....bad example(Its a Trainer) but you get it. Oh shut up and make another Margarita  :rofl  :neener:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #167 on: January 10, 2019, 12:12:15 AM »
Probably! That would be nice. Almost like as you advance you unlock the "Historical" updates to plane models. I.E. start with Spit MK1 and after so much you get the next design and so on.  OK, I forgot....bad example(Its a Trainer) but you get it. Oh shut up and make another Margarita  :rofl  :neener:

LOL

Actually it buys experience (my description). The plane is not getting better but the pilot is. In game I guess the plane gets easier and more forgiving.

This is my estimation. Only Hitech himself can actually tell us for sure.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #168 on: January 10, 2019, 01:30:53 AM »
I am already working on it  :aok

Got me a PS3 Eye from ebay yesterday and am now picking up the other parts. But I'm not sure if I get this all together before the month is over. Crafting is not exactly one of my strongest skills...  :uhoh
However, it will still be invaluable to have it for DCS, ROF and Elite:Dangerous  :joystick:
What's wrong with your trackir? Mine stopped working this weekend but it was only a short in the usb cable. Fixed it with some electrical tape, working fine now.

Always check the cables. I just spent a lot of money this year trying to figure out what was wrong with my computer. Turns out the HDMI cable to my monitor had gone kaput. Took me weeks and too much $ to find the problem.
Always check the cables.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 10, 2019, 05:37:44 AM »
What's wrong with your trackir? Mine stopped working this weekend but it was only a short in the usb cable. Fixed it with some electrical tape, working fine now.

Before it went totally unresponsive for good, I would get all thick red horizontal lines over the camera view display, even in a dark room. Which, according to the naturalpoint forums, indicates the sensor going south.
But I really got my worth out of it, it lasted way longer than anyone could reasonably expect.  :aok
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline DLXIRON

• Copper Member
« Reply #170 on: January 10, 2019, 05:34:16 PM »

I say in order to start this game out on the right foot that the feature of the SYSTEM telling you who you shot down or got shot down by be changed to only tell you the type of plane and not the call sign.
It makes it very difficult to be "toxic" towards someone if you do not know their callsign!
Also if we do get personal plane skins it will add a bit intrigue and mystery to outstanding pilots with original skins when you dont know their names.
Disabling the feature of cross country communications would probably be a good idea in the toxicity department also.

Dougie

Offline Airchill

• Zinc Member
« Reply #171 on: January 11, 2019, 02:14:35 PM »
I think this is a good move, and may surprise. Also could you change the damage modeling for collisions? I think would lower the HO shots a little, and make turning a quick n then out turn into an actual fight when, if you collide, both planes go down. Probably an old discussion but I have not played that long and didn't get to see the outcome of this opinion.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #172 on: January 11, 2019, 04:29:02 PM »
I think this is a good move, and may surprise. Also could you change the damage modeling for collisions? I think would lower the HO shots a little, and make turning a quick n then out turn into an actual fight when, if you collide, both planes go down. Probably an old discussion but I have not played that long and didn't get to see the outcome of this opinion.

If both collide they both will get damage.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #173 on: January 11, 2019, 04:32:24 PM »
If both collide they both will get damage.
Yes..its that "BOTH" issue that rubs me wrong. Its hard to see how "lag" enough not for both to get collided, and still be stable enough not to lose connection,maybe. I still dont fully understand how it all works. It just sucks when you get run into from behind and you are the one going down. :uhoh Had a guy last night, openly bragging about taking down bombers by rubbing off their rudders and elevators with his collision modeling :confused:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 04:34:17 PM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #174 on: January 11, 2019, 05:16:34 PM »
You don't understand that the guy that hit you didn't hit you? Two computers, 2 sets of aircraft positions, 2 different outcomes.

If you have a question about player behavior please email support, do not post it here.  :aok

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #175 on: January 11, 2019, 11:49:40 PM »
You don't understand that the guy that hit you didn't hit you? Two computers, 2 sets of aircraft positions, 2 different outcomes.

If you have a question about player behavior please email support, do not post it here.  :aok
No i get that part...just hard to see how it works some times. I never get the good end of a collision. I guess I understand..iy the physics that throw me off. I lost a collision in a Wirb the other day LOL That is what I dont understand :rofl   Didnt mean to come off as Griping about player behavior, it was just something that happened. Was just confused, sorry about that :salute

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #176 on: January 12, 2019, 12:12:34 AM »
No i get that part...just hard to see how it works some times. I never get the good end of a collision. I guess I understand..iy the physics that throw me off. I lost a collision in a Wirb the other day LOL That is what I dont understand :rofl   Didnt mean to come off as Griping about player behavior, it was just something that happened. Was just confused, sorry about that :salute
You don't get the good end? The good end is when you don't collide. When he collides he gets damage.  :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #177 on: January 12, 2019, 12:17:02 AM »

You need to read up on latency/variance and the difference

Hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #178 on: January 12, 2019, 02:23:13 AM »

Sounds like you just need to work on avoiding collisions.    :aok

You don't win or lose collisions, you either collide or you don't. The other guy doesn't win a collision he doesn't have, he just doesn't have a collision. Granted sometimes you both have collisions and still have disparate damage but it's still because it wasn't the same exact collision.

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #179 on: January 12, 2019, 05:01:22 AM »
Had a guy last night, openly bragging about taking down bombers by rubbing off their rudders and elevators with his collision modeling :confused:

With guns in the tail that's pretty high risk to do. The traditional way is the Vinkman-Maneuvre, as demonstrated here: https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,387995.msg5163686.html#msg5163686.

It only really feels not fair for bombers that shouldn't need to evade. Fighter-to-fighter it's never really any kind of issue. And WOP is going to be fighter-vs-fighter?