Author Topic: What to expect from War Online: Pacific.  (Read 37177 times)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Re: What to expect from War Online: Pacific.
« Reply #195 on: January 16, 2019, 10:32:03 AM »
While getting used to the arena, I tried stalling the P-40.  It was very docile and wouldn’t really break into the stall.  Same with trying to coax it into a spin.  Has anyone else noticed this? Is the flight model accurate?

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #196 on: January 16, 2019, 10:39:52 AM »
While getting used to the arena, I tried stalling the P-40.  It was very docile and wouldn’t really break into the stall.  Same with trying to coax it into a spin.  Has anyone else noticed this? Is the flight model accurate?

WOP Has 2 different flight models, 1 the same as AH and the 2nd an Easy mode. It can be set to user configurable, or host selected on a per batttle type bases.
Right now all battles are set to Easy mode only.

Also there are now drones in the WOP free for all battle. They are in there own country so they will attack anyone in the free for all area. The next front end release list them as drones in the battle selection. But the current FE can still be played.

There is also a dot command .shownpc 1 that has been in AH for a long time to list the AI in the roster.

HiTech

« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 10:43:11 AM by hitech »

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #197 on: January 16, 2019, 11:02:52 AM »
WOP Has 2 different flight models, 1 the same as AH and the 2nd an Easy mode. It can be set to user configurable, or host selected on a per batttle type bases.
Right now all battles are set to Easy mode only.

Also there are now drones in the WOP free for all battle. They are in there own country so they will attack anyone in the free for all area. The next front end release list them as drones in the battle selection. But the current FE can still be played.

There is also a dot command .shownpc 1 that has been in AH for a long time to list the AI in the roster.

HiTech

Thanks HiTech!  I had deselected the stall option in settings and was surprised at the stall reaction.  Now it makes sense.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #198 on: January 16, 2019, 11:17:53 AM »
Thanks HiTech!  I had deselected the stall option in settings and was surprised at the stall reaction.  Now it makes sense.

I thought it seemed like a reasonable compromise to help noobs get up to speed.  It is docile, but not stupidly dumbed down.  In fact, current AH players might not even notice if they are not in the habit of pushing it beyond the stall point.

Maybe the battles with full model will have higher cash awards thus creating an incentive to kick things up a notch.

:salute

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #199 on: January 16, 2019, 12:12:09 PM »
Have you looked into getting the game listed on Steam's Early Access?

https://store.steampowered.com/search/?sort_by=Released_DESC&tags=599&genre=Early%20Access

I don't know what the process is.

:salute
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline DLXIRON

• Copper Member
« Reply #200 on: January 16, 2019, 03:36:55 PM »

There are several “arenas” right now to choose from.  So that is where you might find you phantom players.

Dougie

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #201 on: January 17, 2019, 05:55:57 AM »
There are several “arenas” right now to choose from.  So that is where you might find you phantom players.

Dougie

HiTech posted regarding the drones, even posting the dot command to type/enter if you want to see them show in the roster

The "battle arenas" you have referred to, actually shows how many are playing on either side

Hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #202 on: January 17, 2019, 02:17:06 PM »
Just got a release notification on Steam.

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #203 on: January 17, 2019, 02:42:46 PM »
Just got a release notification on Steam.
Me to. I geuss I go there and help some Noobs..
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #204 on: January 17, 2019, 03:56:04 PM »
Me to. I geuss I go there and help some Noobs..

I forwarded it to a bunch of friends who have show vague interest in AH.

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #205 on: January 17, 2019, 04:25:51 PM »
I see a bunch of problems still but it's being a lot of fun so far (been fighting 15 guys or so =D)  :x

I will later post my issues or improvements that i would like to see..

DutchVII
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 05:20:11 PM by TWCAxew »
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline DLXIRON

• Copper Member
« Reply #206 on: January 17, 2019, 06:40:09 PM »

It is pretty damn fun! and the drones can be pretty aggressive!

Dougie

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #207 on: January 18, 2019, 07:34:06 AM »
AI drones seem to still be able to maneuver and fight for about 10 to 15 seconds after the wings have come off the plane.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #208 on: January 18, 2019, 09:05:43 AM »
http://www.waronline.com/

War Online: Pacific is now available for beta testing.

HiTech

I don't have "Steam" on my computers nor have I registered ever for an account/whatever like username to post on games there...

Is the above stand alone website, once it is completed going to be tied to the Steam version as far as the "WarOnline:Pacific" community goes?

For reasons like DutchVII posted above, that he noticed some things (might be possible bugs?) that he was going to follow up on later....

Or are we to continue to post anything/bugs/issues that we see or find, here to this thread?

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline lengro

• Silver Member
« Reply #209 on: January 18, 2019, 09:21:05 AM »
War cash vs. price:
The ki43 is listed to a price of 100, which I have collected in war cash. Also, the text is changed to white instead of red indicating its unlocked (I figure).
However, when I try to buy it, the cost is fluctuating between way higher prices?

Is it a beta thing or is there some variable exchange rate between war cash and price?
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!" Tuco - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.