Author Topic: What to expect from War Online: Pacific.  (Read 37169 times)

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
Re: What to expect from War Online: Pacific.
« Reply #210 on: January 18, 2019, 09:23:24 AM »
War cash vs. price:
The ki43 is listed to a price of 100, which I have collected in war cash. Also, the text is changed to white instead of red indicating its unlocked (I figure).
However, when I try to buy it, the cost is fluctuating between way higher prices?

Is it a beta thing or is there some variable exchange rate between war cash and price?

Just happened to me also. Try to buy and it gives error and says it costs $400 now. The old bait and switch  :headscratch:

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #211 on: January 18, 2019, 10:37:23 AM »
Just happened to me also. Try to buy and it gives error and says it costs $400 now. The old bait and switch  :headscratch:

This would be a bug. Ill take a look

HiTech

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #212 on: January 18, 2019, 01:54:31 PM »
This would be a bug. Ill take a look

HiTech

Axis side seems fixed, Allied side is doing it also. F4f showing as 10 then tries charging 14

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #213 on: January 18, 2019, 02:05:12 PM »
Just got the needed $14 to buy and now its up to 27.78.  :headscratch:

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #214 on: January 18, 2019, 05:02:46 PM »
Think I may know what it is. Simple host setting dealing with perk mods.

HiTech

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #215 on: January 18, 2019, 05:11:52 PM »
Fairly sure it's fixed. Please test and respond here for me.

HiTech

Offline lengro

• Silver Member
« Reply #216 on: January 18, 2019, 06:00:31 PM »

HiTech

Yep, it's fixed. Thank you.
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!" Tuco - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #217 on: January 18, 2019, 09:15:47 PM »

HiTech

It is fixed now  :aok

The FSO announcement came through to WOP also. That will probably confuse a lot of new players.

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #218 on: January 18, 2019, 09:16:49 PM »
Another bug: When I click on buy aircraft for Allied the P-38 doesn't show up.  :frown:

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #219 on: January 18, 2019, 11:01:30 PM »
but....but...but.... what about spittys!
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #220 on: January 18, 2019, 11:30:16 PM »
Is the user interface gong to stay that way or is it that just for the Beta?  It is seriously 1980's and will IMO set a very poor first impression.

I played for maybe 30 minutes to an hour against AI.  They are very clinical.  I loved it and hated it in equal measure.  The flight model feel odd but that is probably just a learning curve thing

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #221 on: January 19, 2019, 12:34:16 AM »
Fess, the flight model currently during beta has "Tweaked Stall Limiter" engaged

HiTech posted about  several posts back and said that it would change once WO:P is out of beta

Hope This Helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #222 on: January 19, 2019, 01:31:25 AM »
I unchecked stall limiter but the flight is still very 'soft'

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #223 on: January 19, 2019, 01:38:58 AM »
Yep, Hitech posted that even though we uncheck the Stall Limiter, he has it turned on manually for the time being

WOP Has 2 different flight models, 1 the same as AH and the 2nd an Easy mode. It can be set to user configurable, or host selected on a per batttle type bases.
Right now all battles are set to Easy mode only.

Also there are now drones in the WOP free for all battle. They are in there own country so they will attack anyone in the free for all area. The next front end release list them as drones in the battle selection. But the current FE can still be played.

There is also a dot command .shownpc 1 that has been in AH for a long time to list the AI in the roster.

HiTech

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #224 on: January 19, 2019, 02:33:49 AM »
A few things I noticed. At first I was unable to buy American. I bought Japanese but none of the American planes would show up. Didn't matter what country I was on or anything, then it suddenly worked. I wish I could recreate it because the P40 vs zero sort of sucked when everybody spawns above you. I tried F3 mode for the first time in a fighter and I kind of get why people say it is too easy, thats fine and all for this game but it doesn't really make sense to have oil on the windscreen if you can just pop into F3 mode. I don't know if the flight model has overload damage but if it does than maybe you should be able to hear the wind and creaking in F3 mode just like you do in F1. I don't know if the flight model accumulates damage without losing control surfaces but it almost seems like the already mush handling gets worse if you have been pinged. In my opinion (everybody has one) if this is the case I would get rid of it as if somebody is trying to learn an aircraft It is confusing if it flys different ways while it still has all of its control surfaces.  Also I am confused as to why it seems like there are mixed nation aircraft on one side for the drones but players have to switch to use Japan or US.
Pies not kicks.