Author Topic: What to expect from War Online: Pacific.  (Read 37173 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: What to expect from War Online: Pacific.
« Reply #225 on: January 19, 2019, 04:19:54 PM »
In free for all you're not picking a side you're just picking your plane.

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #226 on: January 19, 2019, 08:21:12 PM »
But when you pick axis or allied aircraft you end up on one side or the other. Only the drones seem multinational or un national. I assume that when I see an icon with a flag that it is a human not a bot. It would be nice if in the match play arena there was an arena like this free for all with bots.
Pies not kicks.

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #227 on: January 20, 2019, 12:34:44 AM »
 I just left WOP after a couple hours there and I agree with you about putting something like this in the Melee Arena with the AI bots. The forced stall limiter should be an option though.
 It was fun and hopefully it will draw players into Aces High III.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #228 on: January 20, 2019, 01:13:36 AM »
I just left WOP after a couple hours there and I agree with you about putting something like this in the Melee Arena with the AI bots. The forced stall limiter should be an option though.
ABSOLUTELY agree! It would stop the ole Icant find a fight.having AI in Melee would be NO JOKE, unless they retard the AI's aggressiveness as they are tough and not easy to fight against.   
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #229 on: January 20, 2019, 02:56:05 AM »
When I play WOP the manifold pressure just seems to do what it wants to do, is that normal?
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #230 on: January 20, 2019, 05:36:57 AM »
nm got it sorted, rpm axis was reversed
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #231 on: January 20, 2019, 09:41:41 AM »
 Oops...I meant to say "Match Play Arena" not the Melee Arena. But on second thought, maybe a separate arena like the  Melee Arena using the same maps with the AI bots.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #232 on: January 20, 2019, 10:11:57 AM »

Seeing the thread is about WO:P, this is a bit off topic, but here it goes. Why would you want AI in the MA, or Match arenas? Yo can already set this up but creating "Staged Missions". Personally I PAY to fly and fight with/against other players. What is needed is More players in AH.

Back on topic, Hitech has said that he doesnt expect anything to transfer over from WO:P. I hope it stays that way. If I wanted to play a War Thunder type of game I would have done that long ago, and Im sure there are many who feel the same way. AH is a different game from WO:P and a better game in my opinion.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #233 on: January 20, 2019, 10:54:57 AM »
Seeing the thread is about WO:P, this is a bit off topic, but here it goes. Why would you want AI in the MA, or Match arenas? Yo can already set this up but creating "Staged Missions". Personally I PAY to fly and fight with/against other players. What is needed is More players in AH.

Well, since we are diverging off-topic...  ;)

I had suggested something similar in a Wishlist post: https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,394769.0.html

I could see it working well in the WWI arena and maybe AvA during less popular times.  It might even make an early/mid-war arena viable again.  In the Main, maybe only AI bomber streams/ goon runs, stuff that players are less likely to take the time to do nowadays.  AI should probably have a different map/icon look so you can know it is AI and decide if you want to bother with it. EU guys playing with 20 players online might like having some 10 plane bombers stream to play with when action is slow. 

One benefit is to solve the Chicken and the Egg problem in less traveled arenas.  No one goes in when they see no one in there. And hanging out in an empty arena with nothing to do, hoping someone might join, gets old fast.  So loners don't stay long, which means others, most often, will not see anyone in there.

Yes, everyone could create their own Staged Missions, but that is not everyone's bag.  That's like saying everyone should just make their own skins.  They technically could, but many prefer to use the ones that others who are much better at it have created for their enjoyment than try to only use ones they have made themselves.

Ideally these AI are off pursuing objectives and missions, doing interesting stuff, not just orbiting in a circle.

[Edit]  Oh, and I would assume that both killing or being killed by AI would be excluded from scores and stats.  It's just filler.

:salute

[Cue the Usual Suspects in 3...2...1...:  "Hey!  You kids get off my lawn! Don't you dare change anything from the way it was in 1999!  Where is my Geritol?? Why is it always so cold in here???" ] :rolleyes:

« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 01:40:15 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #234 on: January 20, 2019, 01:30:31 PM »

Back on topic, Hitech has said that he doesnt expect anything to transfer over from WO:P.

I only stated I did not expect many players to transfer from WOP to AH. I stated nothing about the software development across platforms.

HiTech

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #235 on: January 20, 2019, 01:42:30 PM »
I only stated I did not expect many players to transfer from WOP to AH. I stated nothing about the software development across platforms.

HiTech

Glad to read that..  i think AH needs to change a bit to keep with the times, while still keeping its foundation. (Open world, great flight model)

Also, i was trying to get my password for my AH3 acct to log in and try WOP, and it seems something is wrong with the password recovery system.  Never recieved an email with the info.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 01:44:10 PM by Lazerr »

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #236 on: January 20, 2019, 02:10:31 PM »
To answer Fugi's question of "why would you want AI in the Match Play" (not the main arena) the answer is that very rarely is anyone in there without prior arrangement as there is no point going there if no one is there, if it had drones there would be something to do and also it would be IMMENSELY helpful to new players. There is really no comparison between the self deploying robots in WOP and staged missions.

If I was Hitech I would make an arena that is highlighted and call it Practice Arena and in there I would put the terrain from Match Play that has the mountains, add an aircraft carrier in the water and a small landing field. I would put the drones and radar from WOP there, have killshooter turned on, get rid of the boundary fence, and have all the fighters available along with the ability to land but not take off, and the same airspawn as WOP.Make this practice arena free with the option to unlock the other arenas with subscription. This way a new player would be able to get a handle on the basics of air combat before a 2 week trial runs out, at some point they would get bored with drones and want to compete against humans and see what is on the other side of the door labeled.......whatever the main arena is called these days. The flight model would be the same as AH3. The free trial for the rest of the game would be 10 hours of game time. The boot up screen would be a changing piece of marketing about AH3, scenarios, stats I don't know, something.
Pies not kicks.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #237 on: January 20, 2019, 02:17:12 PM »
My CH gear doesn't work in War Online and flying with a mouse is ludicrous at best.

Gameplay from what I've seen is no better than in AH. Nothing but gang-tards and it was all one sided. I started in an A6M and in 4 airstarts saw 2 other Japanese planes and had 6-7 opponents on me immediately each time.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #238 on: January 20, 2019, 02:21:19 PM »
Every time I try to click on "help" the game crashes to the desktop.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #239 on: January 20, 2019, 02:21:53 PM »
My CH gear doesn't work in War Online and flying with a mouse is ludicrous at best.

Gameplay from what I've seen is no better than in AH. Nothing but gang-tards and it was all one sided. I started in an A6M and in 4 airstarts saw 2 other Japanese planes and had 6-7 opponents on me immediately each time.

I copied over all my settings from AHIII and everything worked fine.

When there is sufficient population to fill the 2v2, 4v4, 16v16 battles, then ganging won't be a problem.  Well unless you have a teammate that sucks like me and gets killed quickly, but at least it would have started out evenly.    ;)
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.