Author Topic: What to expect from War Online: Pacific.  (Read 37175 times)

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
Re: What to expect from War Online: Pacific.
« Reply #240 on: January 20, 2019, 02:28:28 PM »
WOP is ganging, the drones are all hostile, the humans are the icons with either an American or Japanese flag. The humans who are flying airplanes from the same country as yours come from are purple and show up as green on the dar. Killshooter is off with the idea being that it is a free for all although some people are inhibited at shooting at purple. It is confusing. Everyone is trying to get you and each other, the drones shoot at each other. I assume part of the reason for killshooter being off is that if you are flying a p40 and want to shoot at a human player in a p40 that is the only way to do it as if your flying a p40 there will be no red p40 that isn't a drone.
Pies not kicks.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #241 on: January 20, 2019, 02:53:47 PM »
This game is ridiculous. 4 restarts before it "saw" my CH gear. At least now it sees it.

I'm trying to set up my joystick buttons and the "default" setting for the global command to fire all guns is "hat switch forward mode 1"? How do I figure out which button the game sees as my trigger? I can't just double click the command and then pull the trigger to map the button like most games so we need a better way.

Looking at this further, I don't see how to change from "hat switch forward" to the trigger even if I knew which button the trigger was. And since I just

The yaw and pitch axis are both set up correctly in the "map controllers" window and yet I can only roll to my left and dive into the ground once I airstart. I have calibrated the throttle and joystick in the game and out of it.

I can't even communicate with those on my team because I don't know which command opens the chat and since clicking on "help" causes me to CTD...I can't find out that way either.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #242 on: January 20, 2019, 03:02:41 PM »

It might be nice to eventually see a "Party" concept in WarOP similar to Battlefield. 

A player invites a couple of friends into a "Party" and then the party leader can join a battle and all the party members get pulled in at the same time on the same side and either all get in or none.   Squads, friends who like to wing together.

$0.02.

:salute
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #243 on: January 20, 2019, 03:23:09 PM »
Now that I have been able to reset all my controls and finally figured out how to get my TrackIR to work in game,I am having some fun....it is like the duelling lake in AH1 and 2 basically a free for all......the drones that give me the most trouble are the ones with a rear gunner.....they rarely seem to miss and i am constantly getting pilot wounded by them.
You are definitely going to get picked by the other players.......especially when you are low fighting a drone or two or three....doesn't really bother me.....when the game goes live, I might just stay with the free aircraft and build war cash.

The best thing about it.....no gvs.......just air combat. 

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #244 on: January 21, 2019, 02:30:12 AM »
Could you have made it an early access game? The people over on steam leaving reviews don't seem to understand what open beta means.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #245 on: January 21, 2019, 03:51:53 AM »
This game is ridiculous. 4 restarts before it "saw" my CH gear. At least now it sees it.

I'm trying to set up my joystick buttons and the "default" setting for the global command to fire all guns is "hat switch forward mode 1"? How do I figure out which button the game sees as my trigger? I can't just double click the command and then pull the trigger to map the button like most games so we need a better way.

Looking at this further, I don't see how to change from "hat switch forward" to the trigger even if I knew which button the trigger was. And since I just

The yaw and pitch axis are both set up correctly in the "map controllers" window and yet I can only roll to my left and dive into the ground once I airstart. I have calibrated the throttle and joystick in the game and out of it.

I can't even communicate with those on my team because I don't know which command opens the chat and since clicking on "help" causes me to CTD...I can't find out that way either.

Same as AH. double click the button on the conrtoller that you want to be modified and it will highlight. Also same as AH, open radio with / key. Controller and key mapping is exactly the same as AH1, AH2 and AH3.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 03:54:50 AM by FLOOB »
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #246 on: January 21, 2019, 03:53:34 AM »
Now that I have been able to reset all my controls and finally figured out how to get my TrackIR to work in game,I am having some fun....it is like the duelling lake in AH1 and 2 basically a free for all......the drones that give me the most trouble are the ones with a rear gunner.....they rarely seem to miss and i am constantly getting pilot wounded by them.
You are definitely going to get picked by the other players.......especially when you are low fighting a drone or two or three....doesn't really bother me.....when the game goes live, I might just stay with the free aircraft and build war cash.

Killing drones in wop is definitely more fun than capturing bases unopposed with the 12 guys in the melee arena at 3am.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #247 on: January 21, 2019, 09:01:17 AM »
Killing drones in wop is definitely more fun than capturing bases unopposed with the 12 guys in the melee arena at 3am.

Funny how some folks are.... they all get on one side and purposely have no opposition. Silly.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline lengro

• Silver Member
« Reply #248 on: January 21, 2019, 10:41:40 AM »
I do enjoy WOP, plenty of targets in my time zone  :aok

The humans who are flying airplanes from the same country as yours come from are purple and show up as green on the dar. Killshooter is off with the idea being that it is a free for all although some people are inhibited at shooting at purple. It is confusing.

Agreed.
in free_for_all I would expect everyone to show up as enemy, and the concept of country is in the way.
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!" Tuco - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Offline pallero

• Copper Member
« Reply #249 on: January 21, 2019, 03:23:42 PM »

Well, no tanks, no thanks.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #250 on: January 21, 2019, 03:48:15 PM »

Were you in the free for all arena? There are no sides or teams there but people might play that way. You can fly either plane and shoot at everybody.

Controls, radio, text, etc all work the same as AH3. Check all your controller mappings or just copy the jsm files over from AH3.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #251 on: January 21, 2019, 04:50:02 PM »
Were you in the free for all arena? There are no sides or teams there but people might play that way. You can fly either plane and shoot at everybody.

Controls, radio, text, etc all work the same as AH3. Check all your controller mappings or just copy the jsm files over from AH3.

Copying jsm and key map files is no issue, although nothing will be broken if you copy your all your settings. Some new options will be turned off from their default if you copy other files. Things like Auto Target Lock with the lead sight.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #252 on: January 21, 2019, 06:10:45 PM »
WOP is ganging, the drones are all hostile, the humans are the icons with either an American or Japanese flag. The humans who are flying airplanes from the same country as yours come from are purple and show up as green on the dar.

There's dar? What button?

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #253 on: January 21, 2019, 08:17:24 PM »
I don't know what button, don't know if there is a button, it is the circle down at the bottom right of the screen. If it requires a button I pressed it by accident.
Pies not kicks.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #254 on: January 21, 2019, 11:13:14 PM »
oh I had all the hud stuff turned off cause I'm not lame and all. it turns on randomly when you start turning hud features on and off, doesn't seem to be linked to any one of them. Weird AF.