Author Topic: What to expect from War Online: Pacific.  (Read 37184 times)

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
Re: What to expect from War Online: Pacific.
« Reply #255 on: January 22, 2019, 07:12:57 AM »
Being a vr user, would like to see a lil more definition in the water. To me it’s a Lil harder to get depth perception to the water and being as this is all over water I may help.

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #256 on: January 22, 2019, 02:38:44 PM »
Funny how some folks are.... they all get on one side and purposely have no opposition. Silly.

this very same thing would happen in the MeLee arena if HiTech made Melee a 2 country war. I think that's why he won't do it.

we already close to having it now, with Bish and Rooks hitting Knights at same time, like yesterday and last night.
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #257 on: January 22, 2019, 02:46:17 PM »

this very same thing would happen in the MeLee arena if HiTech made Melee a 2 country war. I think that's why he won't do it.

we already close to having it now, with Bish and Rooks hitting Knights at same time, like yesterday and last night.

That's what I think would happen as well.  You'd essentially have 2 teams, one that may as be called "The Winners" and the other called "The Losers" and the people who like to horde roll would be on the one side, with the few people who enjoy defending would be on the other.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #258 on: January 23, 2019, 08:53:09 PM »
at round end  timer counter would like to see a quick battle summary before its reset .

Like Bruv119  50 kills   5 deaths 

etc etc

also ace status once your up to 5 kills put a little *  next to your name so others can come and kill you.   get ten  **   and so forth.   :airplane:
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #259 on: January 23, 2019, 09:02:45 PM »
The command .shownpc 1 works in the AH3 Matchplay arena and shows one AI in flight. If you don't want to see it .shownpc 0 turns it off.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #260 on: January 30, 2019, 11:16:40 AM »
How do I set the FOV for WOP?  (Or, can I set it?)  Trying to match the views I have set in AH.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #261 on: January 30, 2019, 02:53:10 PM »
How do I set the FOV for WOP?  (Or, can I set it?)  Trying to match the views I have set in AH.
It can not be set.

HiTech

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #262 on: January 30, 2019, 06:29:54 PM »
Having sides in free for all does not make sense to me. Forcing sides and limiting aircraft choice to the worst turner is likely turning people off.

I also wonder if the skin downloads are freaking some people out.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #263 on: January 31, 2019, 05:37:03 AM »
No more gaming the game!
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #264 on: January 31, 2019, 09:12:32 AM »
I placed this under the new trailer post but I figured I would place it here too..

After 2 hours in game I can say that this was an awful idea. Spent my first 20 mins trying to figure out what in the world was going on, got my controls set and was finally able to join a side after I figured out to double click on the side button. I have money from shooting planes but still can't buy planes in game so not sure if that's me or the game.

You put A6Ms against the P40s at 10K with random AI that spawn behind you that fight against all players regardless of sides and expect new players to learn the game, fight AI and fight players that drop in and out without you being aware. I see a map on some of your screen shots but whatever setting I put I have no map nor have I seen an option for one. I flew the P40E for most of my time today and I had forgotten how much of a dog that poor plane is. I fought a decent pilot and lost all fights with him in a A6M2 I killed him twice as he was fighting AI and I had alt he shot me down the 3 other times we met and knew I was there. Expecting a brand new person to jump the learning gap learn the UI and then fight zeros with a P40 is just bad.

I see this drawing you guys away from AH which is not good, you should have worked on the F2P aspect for AH ditch your ENY system and make a scaled payment system based on planes
rough idea would be 5 bucks gets you 30ENY planes and above 10 bucks gets you 15ENY and above and 15bucks get all, continue with perk points but make all aircraft perked to anyone below the 15 bucks per month that way if you want to hop in a 51 but you pay 5 bucks you can still do that but if you lose the plane you lose the points like normal. and for free you get like 5 aircraft maybe 1 tank 3 fighters and 2 bombers. all your hanger queens maybe although this may be too rough.

Anyhow I think this was well over a year that places a whole new game that could have been a part of what we currently have except that y'all burned yourself's when we got AH greenlit and it wasn't really F2P.

But anyway enjoyed the time I had in this game from 2001 to today. Well in AH proper not WOP.

My well more than 2 cents.
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #265 on: January 31, 2019, 09:58:18 AM »
Sounds like it's not for you. Maybe that's why it's a separate game from AH3, but your complaints are mostly about the update which changed free for all into two sides with AI shooting everyone.  I hope that changes back soon. Prior to that it was free for all and you could fight a P-40 in a P-40. You'd probably like that version. Keep in mind that the full AH3 flight model is an option, not yet available, in WO:P.

The plane purchase does not seem to be implemented yet but I think Hitech was in an F4u.  :noid

I haven't tried the matches yet because so far most players do not communicate with voice or text.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #266 on: January 31, 2019, 10:14:51 AM »
I placed this under the new trailer post but I figured I would place it here too..

After 2 hours in game I can say that this was an awful idea. Spent my first 20 mins trying to figure out what in the world was going on, got my controls set and was finally able to join a side after I figured out to double click on the side button. I have money from shooting planes but still can't buy planes in game so not sure if that's me or the game.

You put A6Ms against the P40s at 10K with random AI that spawn behind you that fight against all players regardless of sides and expect new players to learn the game, fight AI and fight players that drop in and out without you being aware. I see a map on some of your screen shots but whatever setting I put I have no map nor have I seen an option for one. I flew the P40E for most of my time today and I had forgotten how much of a dog that poor plane is. I fought a decent pilot and lost all fights with him in a A6M2 I killed him twice as he was fighting AI and I had alt he shot me down the 3 other times we met and knew I was there. Expecting a brand new person to jump the learning gap learn the UI and then fight zeros with a P40 is just bad.

I see this drawing you guys away from AH which is not good, you should have worked on the F2P aspect for AH ditch your ENY system and make a scaled payment system based on planes
rough idea would be 5 bucks gets you 30ENY planes and above 10 bucks gets you 15ENY and above and 15bucks get all, continue with perk points but make all aircraft perked to anyone below the 15 bucks per month that way if you want to hop in a 51 but you pay 5 bucks you can still do that but if you lose the plane you lose the points like normal. and for free you get like 5 aircraft maybe 1 tank 3 fighters and 2 bombers. all your hanger queens maybe although this may be too rough.

Anyhow I think this was well over a year that places a whole new game that could have been a part of what we currently have except that y'all burned yourself's when we got AH greenlit and it wasn't really F2P.

But anyway enjoyed the time I had in this game from 2001 to today. Well in AH proper not WOP.

My well more than 2 cents.

Did you copy your settings folder over? If so you messed up a bunch.

HiTech

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #267 on: January 31, 2019, 05:22:01 PM »

I agree in so far as i think the UI and menu system still need more work.  It's still early Beta.  The important thing it to get something in users hands as early as possible to start getting feedback.  It isn't written in stone yet. It will evolve.

You put A6Ms against the P40s at 10K with random AI that spawn behind you that fight against all players regardless of sides and expect new players to learn the game, fight AI and fight players that drop in and out without you being aware.
Expecting a brand new person to jump the learning gap learn the UI and then fight zeros with a P40 is just bad.

I agree in as much as the P-40 and F4F are poorly fitted to death-match fight against Zero's in a confined space.  I guess once the war cash system is fully engaged, you could make up for the mismatch by greatly rewarding the weaker planes.  The other thing that would mitigate that would be matches that are mini-scenarios where the setup and victory conditions could balance out the dissimilar aircraft. 

I wouldn't be surprised to someday see some version of F2P account level folded into AH.  But I'm sure they would wnat to gain lots of experience first in a separate title before risking changes in their main product.

Then keep on enjoying what you've been enjoying.   :D

:salute

« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 05:51:00 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #268 on: January 31, 2019, 11:29:17 PM »
I admit it took me a while to figure out how to buy allied planes, I complained on range or whatever the vox is called and somebody asked me if I knew how to buy planes. The problem I had was I didn't have the box for allied planes checked. Or something like that. It doesn't take much, just ten AI kills to get a wildcat, and the FM2 isn't too hard to get once you have that. Personally, maybe because of the fighting style, the constant spawning enemies or something but base model zero seems to be the easiest plane to get kills in period.

The free for all/country thing is unexplained so it isn't clear whether or not killing the purple people is ok or not. In my opinion everybody should be red with maybe something to indicate that it is a person not an AI. The flag that humans get on their icon kind of ads to the confusion as to whether you are supposed to be shooting at "foreigners" or everybody.

I don't know if the AI gets bettter the more you play but the dive bombers are becoming ridiculous.

I think its fun, I wish you could land, the AI seems to get landings.

I see that you started adding AI in the Match Play if you spawn out on a runway heading. They seem to take a long coffee break between launching and It might be nice to have more than one at a time, I'm also not sure why the WW1 planes are in rotation likewise the Mossie Bomber.

TLDR: Maybe a little work on the UI so people know what is going on and more obviously how to upgrade planes, Maybe start with the f4f instead of the P40.
Pies not kicks.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #269 on: February 01, 2019, 01:22:36 AM »
Expected to see the P-39 and P-38 to round out the USAAF portion of the US planeset.  Hopefully in a future update along with the Seafire.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song