Author Topic: Fresh Download of Game vs. Old Version that As Been Updated  (Read 613 times)

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
Fresh Download of Game vs. Old Version that As Been Updated
« on: January 15, 2019, 03:03:10 PM »
I haven't done a complete new download of the game since a couple of years before the move to AH III. I have kept up with the updates but just learned of a couple of changes that are minor but wonder if there may be other changes/improvements I'm not aware of that are only available in a fresh installation. For example, I use F12 for range radio and just discovered that it has been changed to F11 but F12 still works for me. I learned that Shift F4 changes the color of the gunsight but in my installation it is something like "ground range vis" which I don't have enabled. These don't matter much to me but I'm wondering if there are other issues that effect response to controllers and game play that will improve if I do a fresh installation. I've just assumed that all the updates and patches would incorporate all changes but apparently they don't. Suggestions will be appreciated. I don't want to spend a lot of time fixing what ain't broken.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 03:07:34 PM by Condor »
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Fresh Gownload of Game vs. Old Version that As Been Updated
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 03:08:05 PM »
Updates do not reprogram settings that were created by an earlier version of the game. It does not impact what is or is not available in the game.

If you want it to act like a new install, then re-program the old defaults to the new defaults, or remove the key map files and the game will revert to new defaults.

You are not going to gain any functionality by re-installing the game over the existing one.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
Re: Fresh Download of Game vs. Old Version that As Been Updated
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 03:11:28 PM »
Thanks, Skuzzy.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL