Author Topic: 2018 Tournament Of Champions Results  (Read 2695 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
2018 Tournament Of Champions Results
« on: January 12, 2019, 10:27:17 PM »
KOTH's 2018 TOC was packed with good dog fights and getting to the point, Congratulations to Violator for the victory {S}. He was the wascallyist    :confused:  , er most wascally   :eek:  , of the three wabbits we had after one hour and fifty minutes of fighting. Wabbit hunting was on display as once we had one he was also the first plane shot down the next two rounds which evidently made him hungry as he was the winner. We did only have 5 people at most but that seems usual now days and we flew 8 different rides. I have to say ride selection helped provide some great fights also. After much cogitation, the P-47D11 was settled upon as the 2019 TOC first plane.

Results:
1} Violator in a Bf 109F-4
2} TC in a P-40E
3} Violator in a C.202   {Wabbit}
4} Doc4 in a FM2
5} JeffN in a Yak-9U
6} TC in a Bf 109E-4   {Wabbit}
7} JeffN in a F4U-1   {Wabbit}
8} Violator wins in a Hurricane Mk. I

Top five killers were: Violator - 12, TC - 8, JeffN - 6, Doc4 - 3, Wiley - 1; which coincidentally is everyone who attended and flew.
Logs can be found  http://ahevents.net/index.php/event-logs .

We now clean the slate and have at least 25 open reservations for the 2019 TOC, make that 24 now   :lol
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: 2018 Tournament Of Champions Results
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 11:29:17 PM »
Congrats on winning your 2nd KOTH TOC event, Violator!

Even though only 5 showed (actually 6 because fuzeman had an invitation himself, but wouldn't fly)

Every fight between each other across the rounds was great...

JeffN, Violator fuzeman and maybe even me, should give whoever is good at making videos our film(s) especially the film where JeffN and Violator were the last 2 up in that F4U-1 round...oh my that was some funny epic stuff right there....( and Doc4's and Wiley's films too) need some PR stuff for the KOTH events..

I enjoyed it and hope the rest of y'all did as well

Some great dogfighting all around

Thanks for hosting the KOTH TOC event, fuzeman...much appreciated as always

~S~

TC
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 11:33:07 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 12:27:00 AM »
Very nice job violator.

Imagine creating a huge stink about an invite and not coming  :noid :bolt:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 02:23:33 AM »
well done violator congrats.  :cheers:

apologies I couldn't make it was working. 
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 09:31:37 AM »
Imagine having a reservation for the Tournament and not showing up at all?   :rolleyes:

How about this- People who had a reservation for the past TOC and didn't use it have to earn two reservations to get back in?   :evil:

I was augering so much in practice I didn't want to waste everyone else's time and ammo.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 10:56:48 AM »
Imagine having a reservation for the Tournament and not showing up at all?   :rolleyes:

How about this- People who had a reservation for the past TOC and didn't use it have to earn two reservations to get back in?   :evil:

I was augering so much in practice I didn't want to waste everyone else's time and ammo.
Imagine being being in college and going on vacation the week of the tournament.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 10:58:40 AM »
Imagine being being in college and going on vacation the week of the tournament.
Just the pot calling the kettle black then. :)
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2019, 11:30:43 AM »
Thanks you guys! The 2 win club, woot woot!!! It was some great fights and furballs though. Definitely a shame more couldnt show up. Y'all definitely missed out on some great fights. Between JeffN, Doc4, Wiley, TC, man we had some good ones!

I know, all of this drama on the BBS and they didn't even show...LOL.TC didn't target anyone or anything, you can remain calm Fess lol. Seemed kind of tattletailish to go off on TC like that.

I definitely think next year we should send out PMs to players who have a BBS account to let them know about the date n stuff.. I actually didn't know about the event until Friday. Forgot to check this part of the forum. Only found out when TC was talking about it on Friday.

Anyway anyone can update the AH events board in the Koth section? At least will the TOC winners. Doesn't look like anything has happened there since 2014. Just wondering.

Until next year!!

Thanks for hosting Fuzeman

:salute

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2019, 12:01:43 PM »
Thanks you guys! The 2 win club, woot woot!!! It was some great fights and furballs though. Definitely a shame more couldnt show up. Y'all definitely missed out on some great fights. Between JeffN, Doc4, Wiley, TC, man we had some good ones!

I know, all of this drama on the BBS and they didn't even show...LOL.TC didn't target anyone or anything, you can remain calm Fess lol. Seemed kind of tattletailish to go off on TC like that.

I definitely think next year we should send out PMs to players who have a BBS account to let them know about the date n stuff.. I actually didn't know about the event until Friday. Forgot to check this part of the forum. Only found out when TC was talking about it on Friday.

Anyway anyone can update the AH events board in the Koth section? At least will the TOC winners. Doesn't look like anything has happened there since 2014. Just wondering.

Until next year!!

Thanks for hosting Fuzeman

:salute

For a guy that changes his name for being harassed in game, that guy sure dishes it out.  I played most of the evening yesterday, and knew who the shade was just based on how he interacted with people who wouldnt play his way.  If some of these guys have this much drama surrounding them in a game, I find it hard to understand why they continue to play.

Congrats on your win by the way.  I wish TOC invites carried year to year.  You guys would have had 1 more with ya yesterday.

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2019, 12:24:30 PM »
For a guy that changes his name for being harassed in game, that guy sure dishes it out.  I played most of the evening yesterday, and knew who the shade was just based on how he interacted with people who wouldnt play his way.  If some of these guys have this much drama surrounding them in a game, I find it hard to understand wh3y they continue to play.

Congrats on your win by the way.  I wish TOC invites carried year to year.  You guys would have had 1 more with ya yesterday.

^^^^^Some people apparently don't like it when a serve is returned with interest.   Ahem.  Ahem.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2019, 12:33:20 PM »

^^^^^Some people apparently don't like it when a serve is returned with interest.   Ahem.  Ahem.
A what with what? 

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2019, 01:49:35 PM »
Just the pot calling the kettle black then. :)
Indeed

But I wasnt trying to derail the whole event over my invite.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 02:08:15 PM by JOACH1M »
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2019, 03:29:05 PM »
Wish i could of made it. I was busy. Congrats violator  :cheers:
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2019, 03:29:58 PM »
I did get edjumicated at an official institution!! Went to two, graduated from one  :rolleyes:  Deans List but that was before my coconut atrophied   :old:
Best grade of the whole class on one calculus test   :aok  Then again it was calculus for Bio majors  :confused:

I sure do have a feeling Skuzzy will have pain in his lower right abdomen tomorrow.   :(  Looks like it will be a Moanday.   :uhoh

My thinking on the TOC date is close to beginning of new year to finish off the old one and start fresh with next years events. I always say if KOTHers want to try something we can, it's YOUR event.
If you would like the TOC later on so more can attend that is certainly an option. Opinions?
If you want reservations to last longer, talk about that. Opinions?  We could,   DUCK   fuzeman has smoke coming out of his ears  DANGER WILL ROBINSON   DANGER!!!

You win three KOTHs in that year, you qualify for the next three TOCs. That could get complicated after a while though, even with my edjumication.
TOC winner qualifies for next two or three TOCs. Opinions?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 03:36:29 PM by fuzeman »

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2019, 05:09:52 PM »
Wish i could of made it. I was busy. Congrats violator  :cheers:

Thanks Rud3!! Definitely missed ya out there!
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion