Author Topic: 2v1 country ganging needs intervention from htc  (Read 15499 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: 2v1 country ganging needs intervention from htc
« Reply #120 on: March 01, 2019, 04:01:20 PM »
Terrains are designed, built and presented by players in the community. I have a great deal of respect for those who put time and effort in such (it takes a lot of both). I think anyone who complains about terrains should, at least, try their hand at creating and submitting one. (Even though I am not a terrain whiner, I tried. I ain't got the skill or the time.)

Buzzsaw came from Waffle didn't it?  That was the first terrain I've seen come from HTC since I've been here.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #121 on: March 01, 2019, 04:11:04 PM »
Buzzsaw came from Waffle didn't it?  That was the first terrain I've seen come from HTC since I've been here.

Wiley.

But that makes the point. The game required a terrain to be playable, period, so not having an in-house terrain would be weird. But players have been thoroughly encouraged and supported when it comes to terrain development and submission (no different than skin design). Comparing the addition of more aircraft or the fundamental design of the game (number of sides, etc.) to lack of new maps is comparing asparagus to hand grenades.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: March 01, 2019, 04:29:04 PM »
The answer is very clear though.  It is simply too much work to make it happen.

So, then next time the issue comes up we can shut it down quickly.

By extension of the reasoning I do not think we can look forward to any new terrains so same old same old for a while.

Pretty much.   Although some historic maps could be used in some form.   Surely it is easier to modify an existing map than creating one from scratch.  Then again, maybe not. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: March 04, 2019, 05:24:39 PM »
Hmmmmm,

Just imported this into the terrain editor. Based generally off Svalbard island, I imported the topo profile map for Svalbard and adjusted for the MA. I moved it south so I don't have to do snow and glaciers. Now I carve mountains and fjords.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #124 on: March 04, 2019, 06:02:14 PM »
Looks like a interesting map :aok

DutchVII
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: March 04, 2019, 06:45:49 PM »
Yeah, but if we stick with the standard three purely contiguous countries we will have the same problems as now.   On these bigger maps you need to break that into six so it becomes harder to ignore/isolate any single country.   

Overall Bustr has done a good job making fights accessible on his maps.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #126 on: March 04, 2019, 09:05:13 PM »
Right now I'm fixing a problem tank furballers have that is exactly like air furballers. On BowlMA I made the center crater too big with too many places to hide. The best adapted and got too good at ambushing, so people stopped tank furballing there. They want to go where there are a lot of tanks from their own country to hide with as a sardine school.

Two, three, four, six, sides it dosen't matter. Only a small number of players want to play air or ground samurai, the rest want numbers to hide in for their $14.95 evening of play time. Hitech's game is three sides, if you want to keep trying to prove something to the effect that you are smarter than him in the realm of his career, go at it. Mostly it makes you look foolish as someone grinding an ax while trying to get even with him dancing on the edge of the rule#'s to tell him you think he's a failure and stuck in the past.

Biggest complaint about tanking with the speedtree clutter and trees is not enough open space to see through before being ambushed like you could in AH2. So I've reduced the crater to one village inside of a 3mile dia area and the gallery is 1.5 miles out from the village center. I'm using a tile that has very sparse trees while using micro hills and gully's in place of small trees and bushes that everyone shuts down and goes invisible in. Any farther and some players are not setup to see other tanks and get nailed for not adjusting their graphics sliders. Air combat, all you need are airfields and the air combat players will do the rest.

First run at the center of the terrain doodling, it will be three 1x1mile vbases spaced 5 miles from the center of the village. The first airfields in each country are not populated for 1.5 sectors  away from these three vbases in the map center. I'll have to drop in a vbase and some spawns to make sure everyone can hide up on the gallery like on the AH2 craterMA and snipe each other without having to move. Only the best of the best tank fighters like the trees and bushes anymore. I've even had a serious request to build an MA terrain with only grass on it by a tank player..... :confused:

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #127 on: March 04, 2019, 11:25:21 PM »
Two, three, four, six, sides it dosen't matter. Only a small number of players want to play air or ground samurai, the rest want numbers to hide in for their $14.95 evening of play time.

Pure, abject, unfounded conjecture.

Three countries divided six ways where no side is ever isolated from the fight would matter. 

We see a glimpse of this on your map that was up Friday night. 

Besides...  Hiding isn’t the issue for those who seek avoidance of engagement (pretty easy to do on a mostly empty map).  It’s two sides having a fight while the third twiddles its thumbs that’s bleeding players.    Keep it up and you won’t have to worry about avoidance—you’ll be alone. 

——

(I’ll just ignore the ridiculous and false assertions in your post regarding axe grinding, getting even, edge dancing, and the like.   Stick to map making because you suck at mindreading, per par.) 

:rolleyes:
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 12:02:29 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #128 on: March 05, 2019, 11:12:09 AM »
What you want Hitech to do is force everyone to not have any way to avoid each other while playing the game their way for their $14.95. That is a back handed way of telling Hitech to force everyone for their $14.95 to play the game your way or Hitech is just too old and stupid to understand you are a genius at this.

So until you get what you want or Hitech in here banning you, you are using the forums to insult everyone cloaked as sage wisdom beyond their understanding and getting around the rule#'s as bonus points.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #129 on: March 05, 2019, 06:29:52 PM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 10:29:43 AM by hitech »
”KILLER V”
The Damned