Author Topic: 10 best RAM hardware modules for gaming on Windows PC  (Read 1502 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
10 best RAM hardware modules for gaming on Windows PC
« on: January 30, 2019, 09:28:57 AM »
10 best RAM hardware modules for gaming on Windows PC

You can load apps in seconds and play games on your PC without experiencing a choppy performance by increasing the speed of your memory and installing more of it. So, upgrading your system’s RAM appears to be an easy cure for a slow computer.  Ideally, 8GB of RAM (1.5 volt DDR3-1600 or 1.2 volts DDR-2133 memory sticks with CAS 15 timings) appears as a good start for most gamers. In most cases, DDR3 RAM will not be compatible with a motherboard that only supports DDR2. DDR4 is one of the best types of RAM since it provides the lowest operating voltage and highest transfer rate on the market right now. We have covered a list of 10 best RAM hardware modules for Windows 10 PC and gaming.

The good part is with just a screwdriver, your owner’s manual, and a few minutes of time, you can upgrade your PC’s memory with no computer skills required.

1] Crucial Ballistix Sport Series

It is highly recommended for those who often suffer in their gaming experience because of their slow laptop performance. Although not the fastest, or the largest, this memory kit is a great option for saving money without compromising the efficiency of your system.

2] Kingston Technology HyperX Predator Black Series

With over 30 years of expertise, Kingston has the knowledge and resources you need to choose memory with confidence. Kingston HyperX Predator Black Series is available in 4GB–16GB single modules and kits of 2, 4, and 8 with capacities of 8GB–128GB. It is optimized for Intel’s latest chipsets and compatible with most AMD’s latest chipsets.

3] Corsair Dominator Platinum Series

All RAM modules from Corsair offer world famous Corsair reliability and performance. The Corsair Dominator Platinum Series helps achieve extreme performance levels in demanding gaming environments. As such, it should operate quietly with optimal cooling efficiency. For this very reason, the memory module comes equipped with CORSAIR LINK software for customization and control. It’s included with some DOMINATOR PLATINUM kits and optional with others.

4] Transcend 8GB Series

The memory modules offered by Transcend promise a compelling combination of compatibility and reliability at an attractive price. These characteristics make Transcend a preferred upgrade memory choice. Its 8GB 1600Mhz Ram (2 X 4GB) module consumes less power and generates less heat than standard DIMs.

5] Night Hawk RGB 16GB Series

If you are not a hardcore gamer then, Night Hawk RGB 16GB (2X8GB) DDR4 might appear like a good deal for you. Apart from being available in different vibrant colors, it has software to boot, heatsinks on each side to better siphon off any heat when under extreme load.

6] G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series

Most of the customer comments approve, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series is really a good computer accessory. It’s also budget-friendly and offers optimal compatibility and superior quality. G. Skill Ripjaws feature XMP profiles and are dual-channel capable. This will even make your Intel and AMD systems run power-intensive games and programs!

7] ADATA XPG V1 Series

From gaming enthusiasts to power users, to system builders, ADATA XPG V1.0 appears to be the preferred choice of all. A special characteristic of this Ram is its Heat Sinks. The heat sinks on these ram sticks are very high quality, and they have a very sturdy feel to them. You’ll never experience the problem of heatsinks coming off because unlike other leading brands which choose to use thermal tape to hold their heat sinks together. ADATA uses a metal hinge. They are not super lightweight which really gives you an idea about the care and quality that goes into creating the overall product

All ADATA memory modules come with a lifetime limited warranty.

8] Mushkin Enhanced Redline Series

All Mushkin memory kits are covered by its lifetime-replacement limited warranty. Other advantages Mushkin Redline DDR4-2800 16GB Dual-Channel Kit offers include low voltage requirements, a shorter overall height that causes less conflict with aftermarket CPU coolers.

9] Viper Elite Series DDR4 16GB

If you’re looking for some decent RAM for your desktop computer to improve your gaming experience, the Viper Elite Series DDR4 memory modules provide improved performance and support for Intel X99 and 100 systems.

10] PNY Anarchy 16GB Kit

For gaming enthusiasts aiming to build their own gaming rig, the PNY Anarchy should find a place in the checklist. Its uniquely designed Anarchy heat spreaders dissipate heat to keep your rig chill and get the maximum performance even during high-stress, overclocked conditions.

Source: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/10-best-ram-hardware-modules-for-gaming-on-windows-pc
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: 10 best RAM hardware modules for gaming on Windows PC
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 09:33:04 AM »
Do note that DDR2/DDR3 and DDR4 are not interchangeable.  So whatever your motherboard has is what you will have to use, unless you upgrade that too.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 10:13:36 AM »
TheWindowsClub, right? They often have good information in an easy to digest form. However, this piece of information has been put up quite sloppily. Be cautious!

The information is valid to an extent and may help some. However, as Coogan pointed out, there's also room for some drastic misunderstanding. Less computer savvy people would easily fall for buying stuff that isn't suitable for their computers. This issue has popped up by AH forumites as well every once in a while.

I would have liked a more thorough explanation about what makes those models superior other than fancy heat spreaders. With the information provided I could sell my 8 GB kit of Crucial Ballistix DDR2 6400 to some laptop owner and make him very pissed: There's no way to fit the four 2 GB desktop size sticks into any laptop! Yet the list recommends the brand and model "for those who often suffer in their gaming experience because of their slow laptop performance". Not to mention that the Amazon link in the original article shows desktop modules.

Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 10:37:57 AM »
I am not a fan of these types of recommendations.  The best RAM will always be what works best with any given manufacturer's motherboard.  All of the motherboard manufacturers favor certain brands over others.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 11:03:23 AM »
Agreed Skuzzy, one part of it that stood out that kind of throwed me off was the following line:

We have covered a list of 10 best RAM hardware modules for Windows 10 PC and gaming

the title mentions for gaming on Windows PC, then they put this line in....they did somewhat of a fubared explanation talking about DDR3 not fitting in DDR2 slots, but then jump to DDR4 and don't explain enough nor explain properly the differences between all 3 : DDR2 / DDR3 / DDR4

I was going to post the following one also:

How to find and fix Memory Leaks in Windows 10/8/7

Source: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/memory-leaks-in-windows

This one had a bit more "Meat" to it, and stuff .... although the website I pull most of these from goes into detail further and has more information, etc, than what most of the Source pages provide... I normally skip that part and don't include any of it or maybe just a short paragraph from the website I originally get these from and then post the actual Source page....

maybe I should think about including the website that I get these topics from, or the link to the page/story at least....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 11:07:41 AM »
Wow! That article was from a different planet compared to the other! Gotta run to the library bus but definitely going to check the memory leak thing thoroughly. Looks like a valuable summary on the subject.
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Denniss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 04:10:07 AM »
For DDR4 the best buy seems to be GSkill Aegis DDR4-3000 CL16, at least in Europe. About 25% cheaper than most 3200 CL16 and less than half the price of the best DDR4 3200 CL14.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 08:41:04 AM »
You can find 3000 mhz cl15 2x8gb for <$100 pretty regularly now. Finally trending downwards.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2019, 08:54:15 AM »
Wow! That article was from a different planet compared to the other! Gotta run to the library bus but definitely going to check the memory leak thing thoroughly. Looks like a valuable summary on the subject.

Hey Bizman, have you had a chance to read/check out the "How to find and fix Memory Leaks in Windows 10/8/7" article yet?

I was only able to briefly scan over a small bit of it, as I have been busy working on my rudder pedals, for the last few days trying to get them fixed before today's event at 3pm est....

Was curious if there was any good information or if you might have come across any good information within the article?

Cheers

TC

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2019, 09:46:13 AM »
Thanks for reminding me of that. I just read it and to be honest, it looked more promising than what it actually was. The second comment after the article said it well: The first half was for programmers instead of end users and the rest is just a list of tricks for better performance. The trick list isn't even comprehensive, there's better ones out there. However, most of those I've found either advertise some "booster" or "optimizer" program or suggest tricks and hacks that may not work for everyone. Good media reading skills or humility to ask for another opinion is recommendable before executing a full set of such advice.

Kotisivuni

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2019, 10:44:06 AM »
Thanks for reminding me of that. I just read it and to be honest, it looked more promising than what it actually was. The second comment after the article said it well: The first half was for programmers instead of end users and the rest is just a list of tricks for better performance. The trick list isn't even comprehensive, there's better ones out there. However, most of those I've found either advertise some "booster" or "optimizer" program or suggest tricks and hacks that may not work for everyone. Good media reading skills or humility to ask for another opinion is recommendable before executing a full set of such advice.

rgr...  I'll just stick with my www.blackviper.com recommendations, heh

appreciate the heads up

~S~

TC

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2019, 12:22:26 PM »
Yep, Blackviper is a good source for tweaking guidance. Especially since he requires people
do a sanity check and “think before acting”

However, his recommendations for enabled/disabled services suit best to the advanced users who already have got the basics right. There's many people here on this forum not knowing how to do the basics right and experience tells me there's a dozen players for each questioner who don't care to ask, read or act according to the answers given. I sure wish it were the other way around, a dozen people asking for each one ignoring to take care of his gaming rig.

Kotisivuni