Author Topic: x-52 throttle recognized, but stops flight control input  (Read 991 times)

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
x-52 throttle recognized, but stops flight control input
« on: January 31, 2019, 08:13:39 PM »
Just started happening today. Throttle is being seen in AH. However several times it has stopped input to flight controls during sorties over several hours. Powered 4 slot USB hub with a saitek throttle quad. and CH stick and pedals no problem with them. Pulled x-52 from hub and tried it in computer usb port, and similar event occurred after awhile. I don't use saiteks software, any ideas on cause. Hardware or software issue? Well flew for awhile, then lost all inputs, going to try some contact cleaner on USB. Hasn't been used for a time.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 10:02:10 PM by potsNpans »

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
Re: x-52 throttle recognized, but stops flight control input
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 10:56:53 PM »
Just to make it clear:

You are running the X-52 throttle and a single flight stick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 10:49:32 AM »
X 52 throttle and CH stick. Never liked the x 52 stick.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 11:10:52 AM »
A DxDiag output might help some.

But, assuming you have Windows10 and got some major update recently, I'd check all the power saving settings. First in Device Manager for the throttle itself, if there's been a driver update by Windows which would have reset the check mark for power saving, then also the same for all HID devices, USB ports and whatnot. After that the usual stuff in Power Management as per https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,71591.msg5141230.html#msg5141230.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 11:11:27 AM »
What Bizman said.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 12:04:14 PM »
I experienced something like this a few months ago.

I had  my X-52Pro rudders, throttle and flight stick and a Logitech G13 hooked up. For months this set up worked and there were no conflicts. One day I logged in to fly a bit and my throttle stopped working.  I simply unplugged my G13 and everything with my X-52 rig went back to acting normal. I Checked all of my power settings prior to disconnecting the G-13 and all was where it needed to be.

10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2019, 02:50:32 PM »
Now that you mentioned it, every once in a while my rudder doesn't work after some days of not playing. Usually I notice it while taxiing. Nevertheless, since I'm using an extension cord I simply un- and replug the pedals from the extension during the taxiing and everything is fine again unless I manage to hit an ack.

However, the symptoms don't quite fit to the OP's situation: "stopped input to flight controls during sorties over several hours" which I understand happens after having been playing for quite a while, during the game. That sounds more like Windows is putting something to sleep because it thinks there's nothing going on.
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2019, 07:04:59 PM »
Thank you gentlemen for your time and effort to help.
   Throttle is 12 years plus and pots(not me) are laggy as heck. Tried USB in different ports on hub and computer, same results. Reads for a little while then stops sending input control. Already had power management set up as link. If anything is askew on dxdiag file please let my know. However, Not worry though. I sent for another X52. I only like the darn throttle for the 2 rotary axis dials on the top. Never cared for the control stick.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2019, 05:32:37 AM »
Powered hub you freaks
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2019, 09:01:07 AM »
Powered hub you freaks

--- Powered 4 slot USB hub ---

@ potsNpans: 12 years plus? Wow! That can explain some. Might be due to hardened cables or rotten soldering. My old record player used to lose one channel every few years due to the RCA cable being bent to a tight S curve inside the case. Something similar might be going inside your controller.

You may want to disable the Realtek audio in the BIOS just in case since you seem to use the Sound Blaster. Also check for motherboard drivers, there's a few system devices with a Standard driver despite being manufactured by Intel. If I read right, here's the download site for the latest drivers for your motherboard: https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z170A-GAMING-M5.html#down-driver&Win7%2064
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 09:11:52 AM by Bizman »

Kotisivuni