Author Topic: Map rooms...  (Read 1305 times)

Reaper

Map rooms...
« on: September 20, 2000, 05:50:00 PM »
Hi all  

I´ve been working on a map on western europe lately, and I´m going nuts over the 'map-room' creation procedure...I do exactly the same as described in the manual, but when I finally click 'map' in the tower, I don´t see the map table ? Could someone explain this to me, please, real slow  

Also, I´m experiencing quite bad clipping effects on my airfields, although they´re not on gridlines and the ground seems to be flat...

Well, if someone could please help me out, thanks  

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
Map rooms...
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2000, 07:37:00 AM »
Here is a quick and easy cheat  

Add one of the default arena fields, and within the editor, "select" the maproom and everything within it by dragging the selection box over the entire maproom.

Then "Save Object Group" to a name like Maproom.

Then you can delete the airfield you werent' using.

Now when you want to add a maproom, just add the maproom object group.

Easiest way.

PS: I haven't seen the clipping problems, could you describe how and where your seeing them?

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure

Reaper

Map rooms...
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2000, 09:38:00 AM »
Hey thanks for the tip  

Found out I didn´t build a new terrain after moving my airfield off the grid line..fixed it now, and there´s no more clipped scenery - duh!  

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
Map rooms...
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2000, 03:35:00 PM »
Another way to do it if your not using the genitic fields and making them on your own, is to assign function to each object. Each object starts out as void its up to you to go up and find the function for that object.

To fix your airfields go into the terrain side and highlight the square the field sits in. Hit the second button down (forgot what its called) this drops the square down to sea-level. Use ctrl-right click for 100 foot increments to bring the square back up to the surrounding terrain. You'll see your field is now nice and flat. If your using either Orge's or Wabbit's program, there might be a slight incline you can't see with your eyes. Even if the incline is say, 50 feet from one side of field to the other, it could corrupt the video.
10Bears

Reaper

Map rooms...
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2000, 03:42:00 PM »
Thanks again  

I just wonder about the field assignments...1st and 4th go to bishops, 2nd and 5th to knights 3rd and 6th to rooks ?? (and so on..)

I´m in no need for a 3rd party in my theater...I mean USAAF, RAF, LW would be nice, but the brits would shoot at the americams...

Hmmm maybe I should add the eastern front ?  

Reaper

Map rooms...
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2000, 02:46:00 PM »
Okay, as far as I see now, all the fields are _equally_ distributed...1/3 to bishops, 1/3rd to rooks and so on...BUT I place only 6 airfields, 2 go to each party...so you have to place ALL the airfields of one party in a row...so you have to think _before_ placing the airfields how much you want in the end...might be a good idea to include in the readme-file, right ?

BTW I like the coastline in the new version  

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Map rooms...
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2000, 06:22:00 PM »
Repear just go int setup/field settings and change ownership how you want the default to be before building the res file.

HiTech

Reaper

Map rooms...
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2000, 03:22:00 AM »
Many thanks Hitech, you spared me having 2 'types' of Luftwaffe in my map