Author Topic: Aces High Default Tile sets.  (Read 9123 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Aces High Default Tile sets.
« Reply #120 on: May 30, 2019, 06:45:05 PM »
All that to clean up the backside of a mountain.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: May 31, 2019, 04:11:24 PM »
Insane 101.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: May 31, 2019, 06:39:59 PM »
Couldn't take it anymore and wanted to look at the work up to this point. Still have to finish the west side of the mountain.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: June 02, 2019, 02:30:20 PM »
It was pretty while it lasted, now back to the grind.

A little coastal cliff action. When I lived on Hokkiado island japan, much of the coast was cliffs or a small coastal plain backed by erosion cliffs like this spot.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: June 02, 2019, 03:52:34 PM »
Terrains are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you will get until you get there.......

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: June 02, 2019, 07:27:09 PM »
All that to clean up the backside of a mountain.

What a mountain back side it is.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2019, 05:45:19 PM »
Now it's all collective backends of the backsides of mountains....

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #127 on: June 03, 2019, 07:15:36 PM »
Back to that coastal cliff action.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #128 on: June 05, 2019, 07:29:14 PM »
After awhile, palm leaves, branch bifurcation, feathers, fur, mold cultures, frost growth, water trickles, molecule chains all look the same. And your brain just wants to unconsciously help.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #129 on: June 06, 2019, 12:13:40 PM »
Just had to look at it painted.....still have those 3 valley's on the west side.

Then I still have those eastern sections....

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #130 on: June 06, 2019, 02:26:44 PM »
The arrrrrgghhhhs have it, still have those eastern sections.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #131 on: June 06, 2019, 04:22:30 PM »
Once more into the breach....

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #132 on: June 06, 2019, 06:14:01 PM »
Geeezzz, forgot until now I needed a way to keep the CV's out from behind the SW HQ and a place for the strats......Douh!!

Gotta leave it half finished until I'm laying down this country's strats. Have to account for rail tracks. Yes to the right is a 5ft high 1mile wide picture frame boarder outside of the CBM view port area to keep the task groups in the arena.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: June 07, 2019, 12:39:02 PM »
That thar be some fine whatsis pulling.................... :O

The disks are 8,000ft and about 4-6 miles in diameter so I have generous extra mass to carve and shape. The hardest thing about this is limiting myself to the vertical limitations I preset. The tan valley bottom guides are graded from the top coming off the side of a 5,000ft on average mountain ridge and peak. Then graded down to the water with the sides of the ridge runs graded down to the tan line along the whole run. The cross section would be like an ice cream scoop pulled across the top of a tub of ice cream. Then I start at the top and add on side ridges or cut in further water cuts down the sides. After the 3 previous terrains I've come up with a reasonably fast technique for creating all of that. It's rather simple once you realize how to do it. And you can see that by all the mountains I've put onto this terrain so far. 

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #134 on: June 07, 2019, 06:19:14 PM »
It always amazes me how little vertical room I have to work with once I finish the valley central grade and start working in the side channels.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing