Author Topic: Aces High Default Tile sets.  (Read 9792 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Aces High Default Tile sets.
« Reply #135 on: June 08, 2019, 05:35:35 PM »
I'm wearing out my shoe horn.................

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #136 on: June 09, 2019, 08:42:40 PM »
Took a weekend and many pots of coffee to get the NE corner finished.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #137 on: June 10, 2019, 01:41:56 PM »
Back into the mountain range stuff.....at least this is the last time on this terrain..weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeee..... :rolleyes:

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #138 on: June 11, 2019, 02:38:31 PM »
Mountain prep = scoop it all out like water would.

There really is a grade all the way to the water. You set it up with the bulldozer tool and descending dots of raised surface along the tan lines in the pictures set to gradually lowering elevation. Then you roughly fill out from the ridge lines down to meet it and run a smoothing tool back over to set in the scallop in each ridge line side. Simple, just time consuming as preparation for laying on or cutting in all the side runoffs. I've reached the point where the side runoffs are like freehand adding floral decorations to a cake after it's been prepped and frosted. For me that takes minutes compared to the time spent prepping each valley.

Frankly terrain build is exactly like creating a theme based cake or a giant wedding cake after the foundation is out of the oven and cooled down.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #139 on: June 11, 2019, 04:27:35 PM »
Prep all done and now for the decorations and sprinkles....

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #140 on: June 12, 2019, 05:38:50 PM »
Right when I was patting myself on the back for getting half way thru the last bit, I realized I needed to add two glacier cut valleys to make spanning the side cuts easier.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #141 on: June 13, 2019, 04:28:30 PM »
Finally that's done.......

Almost 3 months to the day I imported the RAW file and popped up the base land mass.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #142 on: June 14, 2019, 04:23:04 PM »
Now I get to have some fun.

Building the world is a PintheA and burns you out. It's repetitious, mind numbing, and frustrating becasue the limits of the polygon size makes you constantly compromise on your imagination. It's one giant shoe horn it in and hope you can do something later when you paint it. Now that it is, what it is, I get to lay down all the feilds, play with the micro terrain for the GVs, and doodle on it. And I get to drive around and fly around on it "a lot"....derp.... :rolleyes:

I forgot the HTC crew is the 6 drones in knight land, what a shock when I pulled up on that rise and zoomed in on my target....oopsies Hitech.

The tank town pit on fjordma.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2019, 04:27:42 PM »
More of the Pit....

And why did I paint all those dry washes with that stone tile? So tanks get to drive on rocks....

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #144 on: June 16, 2019, 03:55:43 PM »
I know what I'm doing for a few days now.....

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #145 on: June 17, 2019, 05:25:00 PM »
A country a day.....

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #146 on: June 19, 2019, 01:08:19 AM »
Some of my fun shoe horning in the feilds and towns since the glacier cut valley's are where they are..........

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #147 on: June 20, 2019, 01:09:29 AM »
Laying down bases and strats thankfully doesn't take near as long as creating the world to set them down on.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #148 on: June 20, 2019, 08:40:12 AM »
I just want to say really nice work.  :aok
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #149 on: June 20, 2019, 08:13:03 PM »
The next step is where I get to spawn to every single field and visually inspect the local area for "whatever"......weeeeeeeeeee.    :O

Since I've been listening to GVers now for three terrains over three years, this is a new feature for my terrains. Almost all feilds have two inbound spawns, a few only one. I'm setting a spawn from the local field out to meet those inbound spawns to get people at each other sooner so they don't spend up to 30 minutes wandering around missing each other in a 3 square mile area. Even with GVDAR they can't find each other... At least with this tile set and the trees tiles I limited this build to, a player will have to work overtime to get hung up in a tree........ :rolleyes:

bustr - POTW 1st Wing