Author Topic: Free for All  (Read 4040 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Free for All
« on: February 09, 2019, 09:50:38 PM »
For those who are as ignorant as I was (and there must be at least one or two), the Match Play arena now gives you the option of Free for All.  Some things of note:

- Unlike the head-to-head options, you don't simply sit in the tower.  You have to take off, just as you do in the MA.  Took me awhile before I figured this out.

- There are drones.  And they are very good.  One of the best fights I've had in recent memory was against the AI4 Avenger.  The drones aren't the super-drones we used to see in the AvA experiments; these can be beaten.  But it's a great challenge.

- Result is that there's no harm in logging into Match Play.  You can fuss with the drones until a human appears (if ever; didn't happen to me this night) (and possibly I got better fights for that).

- Confession:  Not knowing about the AI, I was handing out salutes to the drones when they got me.  "Rude," I thought, "they don't even say 'Good fight, Oldman.'  Kids today have no grace."

- - oldman

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: Free for All
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 02:45:44 AM »
AI4 is the only drone that flies there. I wouldn't say he's good but can out-sustained turn pretty much anything in anything and also zoom up ridiculously after such sustained turning where normally you'd have drained a human opponent. I suspect he's not subjected to the same flight model we are. Does make him slightly dangerous.

He will pick as well so interpose any human players and he'll go for them first  :rofl  Also beware there is a human player named AI9.

Probably the best fights are bombers which also fly like fighters but his off-bore gunning is pretty good. Ki-67 is lethal with the top-mounted 20-mm. Best dogfights I've had against him are Lancaster, Ki-67 and Tempest the latter cleanly out-flat turned my Ki-84.

The two best things I think is the arial gunnery practice, which is far closer to what you need against a human opponent than anything we've had so far and the fact there's something to do when you'd otherwise be alone and forced to sit in the tower. Ask me how I know.

I'd like that you could add more AI and they'd even raise their game if you consistently beat them.

- Confession:  Not knowing about the AI, I was handing out salutes to the drones when they got me.  "Rude," I thought, "they don't even say 'Good fight, Oldman.'  Kids today have no grace."

:rofl :aok

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 06:55:29 AM »
Are your new?

Dan carlin podcast - supernova in the east - what i always suspected :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 07:21:17 AM »
Bruh! :banana:

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 10:02:26 AM »
Bruh! :banana:

Bruh! Hope you are well  :salute

Are your new?

Don't you think the days of new things around here a bit limited?  :rofl

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 01:40:34 PM »
Played for a few minutes today in there. Fought against AI4. Pretty much kicked its butt  :devil. Wasn't sure how to increase its difficulty. So weird fighting an AI. Thought he was going to respawn after the first fight, flew around for like 3 minutes thinking another one was going to spawn... I could only fight the same one and had to restart the fight every time. Needs to be some directions in the arena message. Would like to have more enter the fight without having to end the sortie every time. I do think this is a good idea with the AI if you are bored in the MA.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 01:55:08 PM »
Bruh! Hope you are well  :salute

Don't you think the days of new things around here a bit limited?  :rofl

You smell of the EU parliament :rofl

Your not having your 39 billion  :rofl

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 03:48:44 PM »
Played for a few minutes today in there. Fought against AI4. Pretty much kicked its butt  :devil. Wasn't sure how to increase its difficulty. So weird fighting an AI. Thought he was going to respawn after the first fight, flew around for like 3 minutes thinking another one was going to spawn... I could only fight the same one and had to restart the fight every time. Needs to be some directions in the arena message. Would like to have more enter the fight without having to end the sortie every time. I do think this is a good idea with the AI if you are bored in the MA.

The AI don't appear to use flaps so if you want a better fight give yourself the same limitation.

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2019, 07:16:45 PM »
I spent some time in here - good fun - can more AI drones be added - they never run or complain!.
I notice f3 is enabled which is a bummer for hose who don't use it.
good work.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2019, 08:40:41 PM »
AI4 is the only drone that flies there. I wouldn't say he's good but can out-sustained turn pretty much anything in anything and also zoom up ridiculously after such sustained turning where normally you'd have drained a human opponent. I suspect he's not subjected to the same flight model we are. Does make him slightly dangerous.
 :rofl :aok

So he is just another Yak3 ?  :D
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2019, 09:16:24 PM »
I had a go at it today.  A14 upped a lone B17 in dogfight mode and could out turn my P47M.  I gave it a few goes but got bored.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2019, 01:19:34 AM »
I had a go at it today.  A14 upped a lone B17 in dogfight mode and could out turn my P47M.  I gave it a few goes but got bored.

Sounds realistic.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2019, 03:15:19 AM »
You smell of the EU parliament :rofl

Your not having your 39 billion  :rofl

Zack's just bitter because after Brexit the only pie he'll be eating is Woolton Pie under the new ration scheme in the mid-Atlantic 1950s theme park version of the UK.   :rofl

The AI don't appear to use flaps so if you want a better fight give yourself the same limitation.

The AIs don't appear to need their flaps to out-perform even the best turners.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2019, 08:28:29 AM »
The numbers of drones and their difficulty are simple host settings.

I set the number to 4(only 2 will attack any 1 person at a time) and raised there difficultly.

HiTech

Offline gflyer

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2019, 08:48:15 AM »
Thanks for the addition, the drones do not seem to attack at all now other than the bomber gunners.