Author Topic: Packet Loss Trace Route  (Read 633 times)

Offline DktrEvil

• Copper Member
      • TheFunZone.com
Packet Loss Trace Route
« on: February 16, 2019, 01:53:04 PM »

I show a packet loss of 76 PL% from 4.68.71.73 as per attached PNG file.
+Dr Evil's Death Squadron+

Let this be a lesson to you all that this organization will not tolerate .......... F-a-i-l-u-r-e!

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Packet Loss Trace Route
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 02:43:00 PM »
Last time I replied to one of these I completely missed the main thing, not again :aok
You are pinging the website hitechcreations.com, off to find the good ones[ if I can ]
"Updated:August 24, 2018

In this post, I will try to give you helpful information on how to interpret your connection to the various servers that HiTech Creations deploys.

First, the server IP addresses, to be used for traces/ping plots.

Axis vs Allies, Melee, Special Events 1, Training, World War I: 71.252.137.153
Lobby, Special Events 2: 71.252.137.154
Custom Arenas: 71.252.137.155
Dueling, Missions: 71.252.137.158"
per Skuzzy

This is from  https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,68316.0.html

I see level3 in there and that's generally not a good thing.

I show a packet loss of 76 PL% from 4.68.71.73 as per attached PNG file.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline DktrEvil

• Copper Member
      • TheFunZone.com
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 02:58:56 PM »
Thanks for the information.

I pinged HiTech Creations because that is what the instructions say to do here:   https://www.hitechcreations.com/support/support-faq

"Trace to www.hitechcreations.com.  Ideally, your connection should have no more than 250ms ping times to this server.  Also, MAKE SURE there is NO packet loss whatsoever.  If you do see packet loss, post your traceroute to the technical support forum and let HTC contact the appropriate networks."

Might be a good idea to add the information you provided to the Technical FAQ page.

Also, attached is the trace route for 71.252.137.153. Same Packet Loss.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 03:04:47 PM by DktrEvil »
+Dr Evil's Death Squadron+

Let this be a lesson to you all that this organization will not tolerate .......... F-a-i-l-u-r-e!

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 03:45:39 AM »
Yep. Level3. Again... And since it's in the middle of the route there's nothing anyone can do.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 05:52:24 AM »
www.hitechcreations.com used to be on the same network as the game servers but got moved a long time ago.  I'll check the FAQ out and correct it.

In the meantime, here is a more accurate bit of information for you to use. https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,68316.0.html

Although it might show something similar.  The packet loss you noted is at one of Comcast's gateways to the Internet which is being run by Level3 Communications.  They are notorious for over selling their bandwidth, but ISP's use them as they are cheap.  Level3 also is the hosting company for Netflix.  It makes the Level3 network almost useless for anything else during prime time U.S. hours as it is saturated with Netflix traffic.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com