Author Topic: The New MPA CM Tools...  (Read 1285 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
The New MPA CM Tools...
« on: February 16, 2019, 02:45:34 AM »
...can't be saved after changes. When you close and re-open the window they are the default settings.

I presume the 'Free For All' button allows all the AI to attack at will? Six on 1 is a bit much to do anything useful regarding ACM and gunnery. Also this sort of gameplay is already available at any J0ker's Jokers base capture in the MA  :)   I think 2 attacking at once was ideal.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: The New MPA CM Tools...
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 10:03:09 AM »
Where are you testing them, they are not new settings, most are already in the Arena Settings Varibles. .save vars saves them

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 02:40:06 AM »
Where are you testing them, they are not new settings, most are already in the Arena Settings Varibles. .save vars saves them

I've tried every permutation the user-interface allows. Although there are no warning messages like trying to save / upload configurations for a player-hosted arena, they seem equally ineffective.

When you say 'where' I have to ask what is the intention of the functionality? Happy to test if I know what it's supposed to do.

In the meantime is it possible to reduce the gangtard variable of the AI back to maximum 2-on-1?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 01:06:43 PM »
I've tried every permutation the user-interface allows. Although there are no warning messages like trying to save / upload configurations for a player-hosted arena, they seem equally ineffective.

When you say 'where' I have to ask what is the intention of the functionality? Happy to test if I know what it's supposed to do.

In the meantime is it possible to reduce the gangtard variable of the AI back to maximum 2-on-1?
I need a better description of what you are trying to set up in A custom arena.

HiTech

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 08:53:47 AM »
We are now at three issues very quickly.

1. The drones now attack regardless of how many you are engaged with and not limitted to 2-on-1 which was the case before the last patch. It's a bit much, in my educated opinion. Could you please restore their 2-v-1 limit as it was before the patch.

Which leads me to 2:

2. Since the latest patch there appears a new <> under Options -> Arena Setup -> CM Tools -> Match Play. There's a Match Play Settins window, including a Save Vars and Apply button. They don't work. Well they work, but don't do anything useful. Much the same as traffic wardens. What I mean is, you can't actually make changes to the arena. I don't know if that's intended for privately hosted arenas only. I don't know what your intention was.* Which raises point 3:

3. Even when hosting a player-initiated arena I had tremendous trouble configuring the arena and saving changes. I had help from other players who had also limitted success. There, there were two pop up messages reading unable to save config / vars, whatever. There was a trick someone found involving configuring online, then initiating the online but I couldn't get it to work. I used to have configure planes at fields and other preferences each time I started the arena.

* we can have a talk about private arenas. I did try to host one on and off in the Euro Timezone for about three months. In my experience they don't really function well or function the way everything is presently configured. In the end I just gave up on the endeavour as it wasn't productive to continue. I'd make suggestions but don't know if your server space is more limited since your recent changes.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 11:38:27 AM »
We are now at three issues very quickly.

1. The drones now attack regardless of how many you are engaged with and not limitted to 2-on-1 which was the case before the last patch. It's a bit much, in my educated opinion. Could you please restore their 2-v-1 limit as it was before the patch.

Which leads me to 2:

2. Since the latest patch there appears a new <> under Options -> Arena Setup -> CM Tools -> Match Play. There's a Match Play Settins window, including a Save Vars and Apply button. They don't work. Well they work, but don't do anything useful. Much the same as traffic wardens. What I mean is, you can't actually make changes to the arena. I don't know if that's intended for privately hosted arenas only. I don't know what your intention was.* Which raises point 3:

3. Even when hosting a player-initiated arena I had tremendous trouble configuring the arena and saving changes. I had help from other players who had also limitted success. There, there were two pop up messages reading unable to save config / vars, whatever. There was a trick someone found involving configuring online, then initiating the online but I couldn't get it to work. I used to have configure planes at fields and other preferences each time I started the arena.

* we can have a talk about private arenas. I did try to host one on and off in the Euro Timezone for about three months. In my experience they don't really function well or function the way everything is presently configured. In the end I just gave up on the endeavour as it wasn't productive to continue. I'd make suggestions but don't know if your server space is more limited since your recent changes.

Drones were increased to 3 not unlimited as you suggest. I changed it back to 2 today.

Of course you can not change match play settings in the match play arena. But you should be able to use them all in a custom arena or off line.

But you also need to .sgt 3 (Set game type 3 match play) before any of the settings will have any effect.

And as I asked before with out you stating what you are trying to accomplish I have no way of either fixing an issue or helping you set up an arena how you wish.

HiTech

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 02:05:58 PM »
Drones were increased to 3 not unlimited as you suggest. I changed it back to 2 today.

Thank you for setting that back. Only now there is a definite problem. Popped in to test and the drones started literally winking out of existence. I don't know if prompted by proximity or duration. I made a film but it's on my other computer, I can send it tomorrow.

I will address your other points later.  :salute

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2019, 07:53:51 AM »
Please see attached film. AI mysterious disappearances at 1.11, 1.41, 3.11. I don't know what's up with my views in this film. I've never had that happen before with any other recordings.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2019, 08:11:40 AM »
But you also need to .sgt 3 (Set game type 3 match play) before any of the settings will have any effect.

You need to type this into the console before saving but after you have made the changes?

And as I asked before with out you stating what you are trying to accomplish I have no way of either fixing an issue or helping you set up an arena how you wish.

I was always unable to save alterations to the environment, aircraft availability at fields etcetera. I had contact with three other players when I was hosting who also acknowledged difficulty. One had a workaround by first configuring offline and then initiating the arena, but I couldn't get that to work either despite him being kind enough to produce a Word document with instructions.

Whenever I tried to save, two identical pop up windows would appear which said something like: "Unable to save / upload changes" I can't remember exactly which. I could only successfully upload the MoD file. In the end I just manually set the custom arena which was a PIA, especially running through airfields to enable disable planes / vehicles.

I didn't find any official instructions or anything written by an official CM. IMHO it's way too complex, unintuitive and unwieldy for ordinary players to use. It's not a massive problem. Like I said after my experiences I don't have faith in privately-hosted arenas ever being a viable, playable alternative.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-