Author Topic: TM Warthog Drivers  (Read 1314 times)

Offline TheFox

• Copper Member
      • http://www.fox-photography.co.uk
TM Warthog Drivers
« on: February 27, 2019, 11:00:35 AM »
Going through a problem with my Warthog Throttle and thought as part of the process I would update the drivers ........ !!

So having uninstalled the previous drivers, I can't now get the latest drivers to install at all - a double click on the .exe file, or 'open as an Administrator' do nothing - just a quick whirl of the cursor then zilch.

Any ideas? - I'm running the latest version of WIN 10.

Many thanks

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: TM Warthog Drivers
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 11:48:01 AM »
Did you reboot Win10?  Anytime I have a problem it's usually Win10 needing to reboot after a background update.

Why do you use the drivers? You don't need them if you map everything in Aces High.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 11:51:33 AM »
You may already have found this thread, but the instructions look valid: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=190965.

You may also want to check for hidden devices, the throttle may lurk there as a non-functioning device which you can safely remove: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/ff553955%28v=vs.96%29. If you want to temporarily show the nonpresent hidden devices, unzip and run the attached patch as an administrator. Note that you still have to select Show Hidden Devices.

Also, as FLS said, start with a reboot. More than that, shut down by pressing Shift while clicking Shut Down. That will force the system to start from scratch at the next boot.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline TheFox

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 11:54:43 AM »
Thanks for your speedy replies guys - I will get on these this evening. Much appreciated and I will let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 12:07:17 PM »
If it's still not working post the original throttle problem in case that's a clue.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 02:15:28 PM »
Also, a DxDiag output might help seeing if there's other missing drivers. If you have the generic motherboard drivers from installing Windows, that alone can cause your problem.
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline TheFox

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2019, 03:19:11 AM »
Thanks again guys for all the input - I have worked my way through all your suggestions and am now pretty convinced that the PCB in the throttle has blown.

I plugged it into a different USB slot and this time the lights flashed once and that was it - nothing apart from a new entry in the 'Game Controllers' Panel which now shows Joystick - Hotas Warthog, and 4 axis 4 button Joystick (which I assume is the throttle in its most basic form). Nothing triggers any reaction on the 4 axis 4 button joystick when buttons etc are pressed in properties, so I guess its fried.

Its also interesting that I now have a non working USB Input device in Device Manager which gives the following info:-

Device USB\VID_044F&PID_0404\5&16319913&0&10 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: USB\VID_10C4&PID_EA80\00729ACA
Class Guid: {745A17A0-74D3-11D0-B6FE-00A0C90F57DA}
Location Path:
Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFF0000F130
Present: false

I have also attached 2 Dxdiag reports - one without the controllers plugged in and the second with them plugged in.

Current thinking is to order a new PCB from Thrustmaster France and see if that cures the issue, but I would be grateful for your comments.

Many thanks

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2019, 04:16:41 AM »
Unplug your throttle and then delete the non working USB Input device in the Device Manager. Replug the throttle and see what happens.

My system only shows the gaming gear as HID devices in the Device Manager although their names show correctly everywhere else. IDK if that's due to Win7 not showing the names or that there's no dedicated drivers installed for those, just plug and play per the manufacturers' advice. Anyhow, they appear under HID devices as well as under USB/USB root hub/Properties/Power tab. Most likely the latter reads the former.

Deleting any devices with exclamation marks or named as "Unknown" doesn't harm your system, on the contrary. If there's an issue with a device, deleting and letting Windows find and reinstall it at next boot can fix many issues.

Kotisivuni

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2019, 10:48:08 AM »
A different USB slot may be the same USB port. It could be a Win10 update screwed up the USB port and reinstalling the driver might fix it, which is what Bizman is recommending, letting Windows reinstall the driver.

Offline TheFox

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2019, 12:04:49 PM »
Yes, I wondered if it might be the port, so I tried a few other devices in each of the ports I have been using and all seemed to be OK with no error readings. I also went through the process of uninstalling and rebooting but I still end up with a faulty reading as soon as I plug in the Throttle.

I'm pretty much convinced its the PCB. I have been reading similar experiences to mine with users on other forums, all of which seem to have been resolved with a new PCB. In fact for a period a guy was offering a repair service on the boards - must be quite a lot blowing - not sure if it might be something to do with using USB3 ports with power supplies higher than the PCB was originally designed for ?