Author Topic: Since no one else is saying anything about it...  (Read 530 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Since no one else is saying anything about it...
« on: March 14, 2019, 05:58:58 AM »
Been struggling to install Oculus on a larger SSD drive using Win7, and after jumping through hoops for ~4 months over the "missing KBs", the Oculus installer finally admitted (paraphrased), "requires Windows 10".
They've recently (within the last month) included Win10 in their published minimum requirements for the Rift.

I hope the rest of you still have it working on Win7 but those days are numbered.

:cheers:
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Since no one else is saying anything about it...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 08:21:15 AM »
On the plus side Oculus works better with Win10.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 01:57:04 PM »
I thought that had been public knowledge for a while as Win7 went out of support in Jan 2015?

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 02:14:27 PM »
I thought that had been public knowledge for a while as Win7 went out of support in Jan 2015?
Public knowledge is pretty weak. I bet at least half of the current Win7 owners don't know the extended support of it will end next January. 90% has never heard about Windows lifecycles. Many Windows users don't know which OS version they have and the majority of Win10 users don't know which version of it they have. Just saying.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni