Author Topic: Terrain Editor Closes End of Build.  (Read 352 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Terrain Editor Closes End of Build.
« on: March 20, 2019, 12:36:02 PM »
With this last patch when I run mask then build or, just build, when the process reaches the end of build. The TE closes but, the res file reflects the changes I'm testing offline.

When I place the tiny vbase "vbrmt" in the center of a painted village, the mask will remove all buildings and trees conflicting with the "vbrmt" object. I will remove that object and paint back the full village and other small house locations surrounding it. Then see if that constitutes an object conflict in a 1mile radius enough to cause the TE to close out at the end of the build. I had this problem in testing with a road that was too close to an airfield last year. Upon deleting all roads and tracks, the build stopped closing the TE at the end of it's run.

*NOTE*
The mask will remove houses from ground painted using the village tile if the ground is at a shallow slope. If I don't run the mask and only the build, the build is more slope tolerant for the houses in the village on shallow slopes. Since I'm in testing mode, the locations I want one or two village houses, I will level to see if the mask tolerates that and adjust the overall slope to account for the tiny step. First I will test removing the "vbrmt" from the village tile. I needed it for the 6 tank drones so I could gauge how well players can hide from a 500ft gallery 1.5 miles radius around them. At any give time I can only see maybe 3 of the 6 drones becasue of the village buildings and trees.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Terrain Editor Closes End of Build.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 01:02:09 PM »
Removed "vbrmt" from the center of the village tile, painted back the bits and pieces of village tile to locate small numbers of houses around the central village tile at 1mile radius. I did not adjust any slopes, ran the mask then build. The TE closed at the end of the build but, the small spots of village tile with houses were now in place.

Only problem remaining is the TE shuts itself down at the end of the build run.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 02:35:20 PM »
Fixed for the next patch.

NOTE: uploader will also be broke with terrains until the next patch.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 03:39:01 PM »
Thank you for your time.  :salute
bustr - POTW 1st Wing