Author Topic: List of Hardness/ords required to destroy all bldg. strats, hangers, etc??  (Read 7357 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
I'm seeing a lot of formatting issues now, pictures covering text, the damage chart not fully visible. Using Chrome.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Interesting. Let me look and see if my display settings on my PC are compressed or expanded.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Looks good on this end.  :headscratch:

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Just out of curiosity, when you hit 'ctrl +' or 'ctrl -' does it indicate that your screen resolution is more than 100% or less than and not right on 100%? That's the only way I can duplicate what you describe. WIX operates as a website engine (I don't code - I merely use their tool to design). The images overlay the text and I either add space or subtract it to make specific room for them. I try not to save and publish between edits until I correct all apparent errors but occasionally I miss a few. I've gone over the last adjustment with a fine toothed comb and all appears proper at 100% screen resolution. I use Chrome, as well, and I must remember to refresh the page between views if I've made any adjustments.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 03:32:57 PM by Arlo »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
The pictures and text change size together without affecting the formatting. I checking scaling too and changing it doesn't make a difference.

I tried it with Brave, same results as Chrome. With Edge it's a little worse.

I don't do web master stuff so no idea what's up. I do appreciate your efforts.  :aok

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
I'd hardly call myself a web 'master' (though I suppose anyone maintaining a website is technically such). My screen resolution is set to 1680 x 1050 (which is what is recommended for my monitor). I was of the impression that WIX sites should display properly across browsers and base resolutions. What puzzles me is your having seen the site before and it appeared normal.

I'm plain flummoxed. I suppose it might help with additional feedback from others though it may be better if a more experienced web designer could peek in and give recommendations.

:(

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
OK now ctrl +/- is changing the formatting with Chrome so we're seeing the same thing. No idea what changed that. The pages on the training site do not change format  with ctrl +/- so it is still a problem.

Also, even when I set it to line up properly, the first chart with target hardness is not fully displayed, like the picture is slightly bigger than the frame.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Well, one thing that is different between the training site and my WIX page is the existence of a .PDF file. With WIX I don't have to use such. However, all of the information is there and should someone want to, it could be incorporated into a .PDF. I'm not entirely sure that is the crux. I do suspect that the images on the TS aren't merely overlaid but incorporated so changes in resolution don't matter at all. The first chart is slightly cut off on top.

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
I'm seeing a lot of formatting issues now, pictures covering text, the damage chart not fully visible. Using Chrome.

Thank you for your efforts Arlo, but I am seeing the same issues that FLS is seeing.  I see the pictures a little to high in position on the screen which covers text of the prior paragraph.

One-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Thank you for your efforts Arlo, but I am seeing the same issues that FLS is seeing.  I see the pictures a little to high in position on the screen which covers text of the prior paragraph.

One-eye

Have you tried sitting 'ctrl +' or 'ctrl -' yet?

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
I use Firefox and your images are sitting higher or lower out of boundary covering the leading or trailing text boxes. I even looked with IE11 and ctrl- which shows it starkly how out of alignment. With Firefox I did the same thing ctrl- and unlike IE where the pictures were all sitting on the text box above them, about 2\3 were sitting above, 1\3 on the text below.

You have a picture box alignment issue on the whole page.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Welp. Shows normal here at 100% screen zoom at normal resolution. Been using WIX for years. Guess I gave FLS my best and it just wasn't good enough.

Some of my other WIX sites:

http://arlogu3.wix.com/vf-17-jolly-rogers

https://arlogu3.wixsite.com/themagnificentseven

https://arlogu3.wixsite.com/1941

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
I show the same thing. If you drop the page down to 40% the pictures line up right.

Looking at the source fill for the page it almost looks like Wix puts the images on a second layer. Most likely called by a javascript. I didnt dig it apart, but thats my guess.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Yes, the images are on a second layer. That's the nature of WIX's engine. I'm gonna hafta think outside the box for an unspecified period of time.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
I spread the text to make larger gaps for the images to fit. I'm iffy on the results for you guys.