Author Topic: Please perk or reduce the late war monsters  (Read 37797 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Please perk or reduce the late war monsters
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2019, 10:22:39 AM »
I flew a p40 for 3 or 4 sorties last night. 4 to 5 kills per sortie, everyone ran from me.  They always came back though. :) and usually died for it.

Probably due to you not spending undue effort on the '12-6 merge.'  :D

:cheers: :salute

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2019, 10:24:55 AM »
If you perk stuff that's currently unperked, I would expect that people who still want to fly it will pay the perk and fly even more timidly than they did before because of the perks.  Seems a bit counterproductive to what you're trying to accomplish.

Those that don't want to risk perks will just move down to the next fastest plane.  There will always be a fastest unperked plane, and that's where they'll go.  Unless you want to perk everything that can outrun a stuka.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2019, 10:32:25 AM »
I remember running 190's driving me crazy, but it is all part of the game....definitly one thing I never understood
is running in a combat game...

We all want to win. If I can consistently beat somebody then getting away from me is as much of a win as they can get at that time. Those little victories of getting away are more fun then losing every fight to an experienced player.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2019, 10:36:03 AM »
We all want to win. If I can consistently beat somebody then getting away from me is as much of a win as they can get at that time. Those little victories of getting away are more fun then losing every fight to an experienced player.

Logical observation.  :cheers:

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2019, 10:51:01 AM »
Not really sure how to phrase this but I'll give it by best shot.

This game is a combat game under the umbrella of a WWII open world sim.

Many describe their vision of a fight in the same manner that knights participated in jousting tournaments. Two opponents at opposite ends ready to charge each other utilizing  an unspoken code for a chance to claim victory.

The MA isn't representative of that ideology. It's setup as a free world where, in a perfect world, squads would be formed, squads would work together to engage the enemy. Win or lose, that's more in the spirit of the MA.

People are going to Run, Pick and HO and there's no amount of coding or adjustment thats going to change that. As has already been stated, those that perform the three above mentioned actions will just find another ride to do it in.

What we do need, is squad play to pick back up and become the norm of the MA again. Monkey see, Monkey do. People are less likely to act in the aforementioned way if there is a chance of admonishment from squad mates. Channel 200 admonishment means little as you are worlds detached from  the opponent.

:salute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2019, 10:53:41 AM »
What we do need, is squad play to pick back up and become the norm of the MA again. Monkey see, Monkey do. People are less likely to act in the aforementioned way if there is a chance of admonishment from squad mates. Channel 200 admonishment means little as you are worlds detached from  the opponent.

:salute

Amen.  :salute :cheers:

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2019, 11:01:56 AM »
The issue with squads is the desire to be in a dominant squad the beats everybody else. This is a normal goal but if you achieve it you have the same issue of not being fun to fight against. Next thing you know people are sneaking bases and driving vehicles to have fun.  :devil

Squads are the best way for new players to have fun. I don't propose adding restrictions but I'm always hopeful for enlightened self-interest.

Offline BLINK

• Zinc Member
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2019, 11:06:40 AM »

haha I was going to explain how "win" is different for everyone.....

but you know what....I really dont care to anymore...none of that matters to me....I just want to kill as many as I can....jump in the biggest red dar and kill them all...that is fun to me...the effort....

I am going to try very hard to not care how anyone else plays.... I mean really it is their time.... their game...who the heck am I to try to dictate what they do in a game...

I dont want anyone to tell me how I can play....

and when it comes to running 190's/P51's ...dont chase em...let em go...no biggie...

I am just excited to get in there...been to long......

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2019, 11:12:06 AM »
haha I was going to explain how "win" is different for everyone.....

/quote]

:aok

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2019, 11:15:22 AM »
Squads are just groups of players.  Being in a squad does not magically make the people in them not run and be good arena citizens (whatever your definition of that may be).

and when it comes to running 190's/P51's ...dont chase em...let em go...no biggie...

This is a good policy.  The downside is sometimes it's the only enemy in the air for 5 sectors.  Some people fly late war monsters to run.  Others fly them to chase.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2019, 11:22:08 AM »
Some people fly late war monsters to run.  Others fly them to chase.

Some alternate.  :eek:

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2019, 11:24:17 AM »
Some alternate.  :eek:

Something something swing both ways something something...

Wiley.

JG11

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2019, 11:30:29 AM »
Squads are just groups of players.  Being in a squad does not magically make the people in them not run and be good arena citizens (whatever your definition of that may be).

If anyone made that claim you'd have a good point. For a new player a squad has a lot of advantages over flying solo.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2019, 11:38:38 AM »
Something something swing both ways something something...

Something something general categorization something.  ;)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2019, 11:39:18 AM »
If anyone made that claim you'd have a good point. For a new player a squad has a lot of advantages over flying solo.

Even for not so new players.