Author Topic: Please perk or reduce the late war monsters  (Read 37672 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Please perk or reduce the late war monsters
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2019, 03:47:17 PM »
Since you are arguing to Hitech using yourself as the gold standard of MA air combat play. Oh enlightened one, what does he do with the 90% of his customers after you get what you want? From how they use the planes you want perked, they don't want to be your cannon fodder, and don't care about spending any more time than logging in and going piu, piu, piu. No one goes to the DA anymore to learn ACM, and most just fly fast, HO, run away and repeat.

What does Hitech do to keep those customers happy when "you" take away the rides they have always relied on for their $14.95?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2019, 04:38:12 PM »
It is time for Hitech to evaluate the usage and impact of certain planes and vehicles in the Melee arena.  Do some of these planes and vehicles deserve perks?  No.  Lower ENY's?  Absolutely. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2019, 04:42:07 PM »
http://www.gonzoville.com/ahcharts/index.php

Check the Tempy and 190D and Submit

The issue is it ends up being a slippery slope. Do you perk the Spit 16 because it's easy to fly? What about the La 7 because it is fast, or the N1K because it too has 4 cannons? Then there's the P-47M...

Looking at the charts the Temp is a tad faster in eccelleration, that's really all it has besides guns. With wep (which last a long time in German planes) the 190 climbs better than the Temp at 10-15K. The 190D with wep is faster than the P51D at low alt and at 15-20K. Dive speed is not shown. So clearly the 190D is just as capable as the Temp in the right hands and shows significantly better stats than the P51 in most categories with wep. Planes that have the #1 best advantage of being able to accel away while being able to out run most every plane in the game should have a perk. Even the La7 almost has the same top speed as the Temp, has 3 cannons, and almost the same Accel.  In the MA speed and acceleration with decent guns is the single best advantage in the game. When great sticks take advantage of that over new players. They have no chance.

Since you are arguing to Hitech using yourself as the gold standard of MA air combat play. Oh enlightened one, what does he do with the 90% of his customers after you get what you want? From how they use the planes you want perked, they don't want to be your cannon fodder, and don't care about spending any more time than logging in and going piu, piu, piu. No one goes to the DA anymore to learn ACM, and most just fly fast, HO, run away and repeat.

What does Hitech do to keep those customers happy when "you" take away the rides they have always relied on for their $14.95?

13 years of top level MA experience in AH gives me a lot of insight on the fights in Aces High. I know how the planes work and how people fly better than Hitech in the MA. That's just the truth. I'm trying to show him with stats that the 190D and Yak3 and La7 have driven more people away rather than encourage people because they are tired of constantly only fighting these planes.

You think customers will leave because they have to pay a perk to fly the easiest fastest planes, but won't leave or have left already because too many easy fast planes have saturated the environment?

No one goes to the DA any more because they don't have to. They can simply hit X and extend away from someone who is trying to challenge themselves in a regular plane. By reducing the usage of top speed planes you reduce the HO, Run, fly fast type of fighting to a more furball oriented type of fighting where people would actually have to learn ACM to be successful. Think of the difference in fights between the WW1 arena and Jets. WW1 Arena has fast action furballs while the Jets are more drawn out and further distances. It's the same thing with the MA.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2019, 04:56:00 PM »
As usual:

And as there seems to be some argument about the 190D, here in detail the combat results of said fighter vs some other popular mainstream fighters in the MA (2018):

Have fun  :bolt:

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2019, 04:57:49 PM »
So... Other than "more", what is the cutoff for acceleration and speed that merits a perk, and why is the line drawn there, and why will it result in superior gameplay?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2019, 05:26:25 PM »
So... Other than "more", what is the cutoff for acceleration and speed that merits a perk, and why is the line drawn there, and why will it result in superior gameplay?

Wiley.

The only reason I would not perk the 109K is because of the 1 hard to aim and only 65 cannons, though it should be an 8 eny plans. Also, the F4u1a is mostly made up of a few top vet fighters. It's a great plane, but it's acceleration and climb arent like the spit16, la7, Yak3 and 190. I think the hogs are much harder to fly than these planes. It's crazy to me how many kills the Nik has being that it's very slow, but cannons do matter. I think the Nik and F4u are in a good spot eny wise. The 190D can run and climb from both no problem, which gives it the advantage in the MA.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2019, 06:01:08 PM »

Wiley.

From 20 and below (talking fighters). Every point underneath should be 1/2 perk. Mid war planes will be the main game whiles keeping some use to early war planes. You can still fly the easy planes but it will cost you a perk or 2. Or even free if eny is in your favor. Keep in mind flying higher eny planes will earn you more perks.

I never understood a perk system for a total of 5 planes (excluding spit 14 and TA 152). Perks are meaningless to me, i have enough anyway, enough to fly 262's after 1 day of flying a I16 or mossie...

However to introduce this after so many years will make players riot... But than again there must be balance  :neener:

DutchVII
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 06:02:51 PM by TWCAxew »
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2019, 06:15:45 PM »
So actual # stats month after month don't prove anything? ...

That's correct. The stats tell us usage and K/D. They tell us which choices are popular, but the stats don't prove anything about the quality of game play. They don't tell us what needs to change. They don't tell us what the effect of change would be.

13 years of top level MA experience in AH gives me a lot of insight on the fights in Aces High. I know how the planes work and how people fly better than Hitech in the MA. That's just the truth.

Hitech just runs the company ...  oh and wrote all the code, and made all the flight models, and only has 30+ years experience creating flight sims, and does aerobatics in a real airplane. Don't be too hard on him. He lacks your personal experience.   :D

Here's a thought. You know Hitech wrote the original Warbirds and it's struggling now despite listening to their expert players and changing to their preferences. Turn Warbirds around with your good ideas and you will gain massive credibility.  :aok
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 06:48:03 PM by FLS »

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2019, 08:04:49 PM »
That's correct. The stats tell us usage and K/D. They tell us which choices are popular, but the stats don't prove anything about the quality of game play. They don't tell us what needs to change. They don't tell us what the effect of change would be.

Hitech just runs the company ...  oh and wrote all the code, and made all the flight models, and only has 30+ years experience creating flight sims, and does aerobatics in a real airplane. Don't be too hard on him. He lacks your personal experience.   :D

Here's a thought. You know Hitech wrote the original Warbirds and it's struggling now despite listening to their expert players and changing to their preferences. Turn Warbirds around with your good ideas and you will gain massive credibility.  :aok

Hitech is probably pretty much better at everything else in the world than I am, besides sports. Haha. But I feel like him not being able to play the actual game very much like i have makes it hard for him to see how these over flown planes have really just become nuisances. I wouldn't be griping about something I didn't think was important.

The type of changes I really look for are mechanical where virtually no coding would even have to be implemented. If I had played Warbirds, i might know, but AH is really the only fighter game online that I have ever played. I enjoy playing because of the open atmosphere. But we should recognize that top E planes really do make a difference in the MA setting when that is what the majority of fighter pilot have to fly in just to compete.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 08:06:48 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2019, 08:57:46 PM »
I understand you're sincere and mean well and you might come up with some great ideas.  :aok

The problem with your argument is that it's not generally accepted that the 190D is causing a problem by not being perked.

Also the idea that perking it would change game play is speculation. You may be right but you haven't shown that.

In any case it's the wish list.  The discussion doesn't change anything.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 09:20:04 PM by FLS »

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2019, 10:29:51 PM »
I understand you're sincere and mean well and you might come up with some great ideas.  :aok

The problem with your argument is that it's not generally accepted that the 190D is causing a problem by not being perked.

Also the idea that perking it would change game play is speculation. You may be right but you haven't shown that.

In any case it's the wish list.  The discussion doesn't change anything.

The 190D practically has a 1:1 K:D with the top performing planes in  AH. Apparently also bombers hate it... The 190D generally has the 3rd most kills every tour. The 190D is an E fighter exactly like the temp. E fignting is a slower method of fighting normally already having the E Advantage over the opponent. To many top E fighters are boring to fight. 

The data is in the #s that perking them would have an impact on gameplay by looking at perked plane usages. Much lower.

Why can't you "generally accept" statistical reference? I'm not the only one here that thinks there needs to be some kind of overall eny adjustment.

Reducing usage of top aircraft makes an enormous difference in the level of fights. After all, you wouldn't want to play where everyone is only flying temps and 262s.

As usual, don't know until you try it but i believe my arguements are better than yours and make more rational sense.   :airplane:

« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 10:31:26 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2019, 02:45:10 AM »
As usual:

According to Lusche’s charts seems like the Yak3 is a much bigger problem than the 190D. Amazing stats for a plane with “weak” guns and limited ammo.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2019, 03:14:53 AM »
Probably due to you not spending undue effort on the '12-6 merge.'  :D

Troll-le-la-le-la. :aok

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2019, 03:15:49 AM »
We all want to win. If I can consistently beat somebody then getting away from me is as much of a win as they can get at that time. Those little victories of getting away are more fun then losing every fight to an experienced player.

The only caveat being that an overemphasis on short-term 'victories' inevitably obstructs long-term progression of your ACM. If you find a player who can beat you consistently it's well worth the investment of multiple deaths to understand why - just as a counterpoint.

You guys just don't get it. Top late war planes that literally get thousands of more kills every tour and have better K/D's at the same time prove that they are over used and abused.

I think it merely evidences the validity of real-world design progression in fighter aircraft moving away from manoeuvrability and more towards higher speeds and energy-based tactics. As was already apparent by the Spanish Civil War. The faster plane can dictate the fight. Sounds a bit like you're asking HTC to do that for you.

So actual # stats month after month don't prove anything? That's the best proof we have.

Respectfully Violator it looks like you're a bit hung up on score or results.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2019, 03:22:05 AM »
No one goes to the DA anymore to learn ACM,

I'm just curious how you'd answer this question Bustr: The only time I've ever fought you (if memory serves) I was in a Bf109G-14 immediately after another fight in a poor energy state and you were in a Spit8 and I out-turned you and killed you. My question is: did you ever think to ask me how, ask me to show you, or otherwise want to go with me to the DA to learn the (intermediate) ACM I used to do that?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-